ArgyleStreet
    ArgyleStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

First post of many.

Hey guys I just started my account here and I look forward to being active here and sharing with you guys. Best of luck to everyone here.

I do have one question for you experienced guys as I could use all the best direction I can get as I am new to the game.

What factors go into you betting lesser or more units on plays? Besides on what sports you know and being hot or cold, do you find putting more units on certain bet types? How much do you scale down units when you add more legs/teams onto parlays?

Since starting my account on bovada with roughly 40 bets in my history I have found myself at around 70% win percentage with many many of that being 2 team parlays, but have found my account balance to take big hits on my higher unit plays, thus not having as high a profit as my win percentage should factor me.

ArgyleStreet
    ArgyleStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been interested in making an excel sheet dividing the sports I bet on(baseball favorably, basketball and hockey) and my win/loss records for single, 2 team parlays and 3 team parlays to see so far where I am strongest at in wins and up my units there. Is this worth my time or is there an other strategy more worth me to invest my time in?

Thank you in advance to anyone replying.

Topo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Record keeping has been helpful for me. The more detailed your record keeping the better. Just be careful not to fall victim to small sample sizes. If you win 20 of your first 30 bets in something that does not prove you have an edge there. Similarly, try not to analyze your betting history based solely on outcomes.

One of the side benefits to record keeping is that it should keep you from making wild bets with little thought. It helps keep you accountable.

jacksonbird03
    jacksonbird03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey welcome to the forum... Hope you enjoyed here and stay here for long time...

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

bet the same amount on every play.