proser30
    proser30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Unibet Limited me after losing $20 bets Was it due to closing line value ?

OK, So I started Unibet in NJ with small $20 bets on spreads and player props.. I was down about $100 after 2 days. I went in today and was limited to $8 and $1 bet sizes..

I did have some value bets that beat the closing line. So basically why are they doing this to someone losing with such small bet sizes like $20 ??? I contacted customer service and they gave the canned line that my account was good but limits are set by third party etc...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

I am well ahead at Unibet and do not appear to have any restrictions.

Sometimes books can profile you as a potential beard or syndicate member due to connections with other customers and will do this pre-emptively. As just one possible scenario different to beating the closing line, which I doubt they would care about with a $20 bettor.

Are you limited to $1 on everything or just the markets you have previously bet?

proser30

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I am well ahead at Unibet and do not appear to have any restrictions.

Sometimes books can profile you as a potential beard or syndicate member due to connections with other customers and will do this pre-emptively. As just one possible scenario different to beating the closing line, which I doubt they would care about with a $20 bettor.

Are you limited to $1 on everything or just the markets you have previously bet?
    Hi.... It seems to be what i previously bet on which is point spreads and some player props.. I will try some other sport and see.. But I dont get it why shut an account that was only doing $20 bets. ?

I did tail bets from a software that gives value bets.. Maybe thats why..
    Last edited by proser30; 12-22-23 at 10:41 PM.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7304

Do you have limited accounts with Betrivers, Barstool or Parx?

All are managed by the same company(Kambi) (Barstool is no longer). They share your profile. I got limited at betrivers, deposted on Unibet and was limited the next day.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13887

Are you betting RAS or props from Odds Jam? As great as these sites/software's are you end up getting labeled regardless of bet size. You can only bet that stuff in person or you'll be limited quickly. It's really unfortunate but this is what happens. It's a cat and mouse game. US/legal books have super tight risk management from what I've seen,especially the smaller sites.

I have friends who were using Odds jam for arbs and +EV bets and printed for a month or two. Now they're limited to the point where it's not even worth betting anymore. Even if they were betting for fun and not betting as sharps the books don't want their action going forward.

proser30

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Are you betting RAS or props from Odds Jam? As great as these sites/software's are you end up getting labeled regardless of bet size. You can only bet that stuff in person or you'll be limited quickly. It's really unfortunate but this is what happens. It's a cat and mouse game. US/legal books have super tight risk management from what I've seen,especially the smaller sites.

I have friends who were using Odds jam for arbs and +EV bets and printed for a month or two. Now they're limited to the point where it's not even worth betting anymore. Even if they were betting for fun and not betting as sharps the books don't want their action going forward.
    Yes, that was one tool I used and I was tagging bets from a someone on the PickIT app... For most books they let you hang around at least several months.. But to cut off after $20 bets ??? BetMGM and TIPCO also kinda did the same..

proser30

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Do you have limited accounts with Betrivers, Barstool or Parx?

All are managed by the same company(Kambi) (Barstool is no longer). They share your profile. I got limited at betrivers, deposted on Unibet and was limited the next day.
    I have accounts there not hugely limited but they do cut my prop bets sometimes to like $50