William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

the little (big? LOL) east blows!

Sure, Marq. made it, but only because they were allowed to play yet another pretender from the most overrated conference in college basketball.

UCONN is looking pretty good, but the Big East has embarrassed itself. What a joke!

I'm pretty sure.........as it turns out............the weak Pac 10 may have just been better than the Big East this season.
    Last edited by William Walters; 03-20-11 at 10:57 PM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Without a question the Big East in the regular season was the most competitive conference in the whole nation. The same shit happens every year and the Big East gets the most bids and only 1 or 2 are in the Elite 8 so I am not surprised one bit.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I don't know how many times I have to type this but in a 1 and done situation against the best teams in the nation, anything can happen. All you have to do is get hot from 3 and you can beat anyone.

Today 2 big east teams were eliminated by 2 other big east teams.

You can't use NCAA tourney results to judge the quality of a team. The results of the regular season are the whole story. Conference and NCAA tourneys are just for ratings.

If you started this tourney over next week, it could be that all the big east teams that could possibly still be here would still be here. In 1 and done situation results mean almost nothing.

The NBA playoffs are so much better because a team doesn't get lucky 4 times. The best team always wins.

If Butler played Pitt 4 out of 7, Pitt would win 4-1.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11974

i thought they would do better than this

stlcardinals
    stlcardinals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I would argue the opposite -- that the one and done format is what makes the NCAA tourney so great. But obviously it's just a difference of opinion.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I'd have to agree that it would be too tough to judge teams based on 40 minutes of play. However, I also have to agree that I expected more out of them during the tourney.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

yep... big 12 too..ouch... ACC lookin good

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least Marquette won today so the Big East won a game..oh shit it was a Big East team they beat

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a joke! Poor Little East!