mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

F'in NCAA Refs Are Screw'in up the Tournament!

Never seen such bullshit last second calls in my life! Three games now that should have gone to overtime, instead decided by a zebra whistle! This tournament is a joke!

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

They have made some iffy calls, but if you are talking about PITT, you can just thank the idiot hacking Howards arm on a rebound with less than a second to go.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Yeah, the Pitt-Butler game evened out. . .I don't think either foul should have been called at that point, and the second one was a make-up call. Nevertheless, they were both fouls. . .just don't like to see them called at that juncture.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

don't blame the refs for doing their job and calling a foul a foul. blame the kids for making stupid fouls.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

refs made the right calls who cares how much time is left

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

well if no foul was called in pitt game, then pitt would of still lost by 1, because the other foul shouldnt of been called.

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps
    donnyguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8759

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    don't blame the refs for doing their job and calling a foul a foul. blame the kids for making stupid fouls.
    Refs have made several outstanding no calls on blocked shots at the end of several games in this tournament, also. I feel the refs have shown well overall. I wish I was capping these games as well as the refs are calling them.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

It was wacky but I don't think they made any incorrect calls at the end there. A foul is a foul.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

the louisville game was 1000000x worse then the pitt game today as that was blatant.....the pitt game though, shoulda have NEVER came down to that as wtf is mack doing even playing the guy w 2 seconds left and 90' to go??? then the pitt guy on the rebound????? it's headed to ot dude and you're the better team, win it there but he hacks howard, yet i still don't know how the ref calls that after a heck of a game with the sweet 16 on the line....that's outrageous to decide a game on a full court chuck...that's like the tigers galaragga perfect game bad call....even if it was even a chance of being a yes, you ignore it and give the guy the benefit of the doubt...and in the game today, a no call = OT and let them settle it, not the idiots who review EVERY F'N PLAY decide the outcome....

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    the louisville game was 1000000x worse then the pitt game today as that was blatant.....the pitt game though, shoulda have NEVER came down to that as wtf is mack doing even playing the guy w 2 seconds left and 90' to go??? then the pitt guy on the rebound????? it's headed to ot dude and you're the better team, win it there but he hacks howard, yet i still don't know how the ref calls that after a heck of a game with the sweet 16 on the line....that's outrageous to decide a game on a full court chuck...that's like the tigers galaragga perfect game bad call....even if it was even a chance of being a yes, you ignore it and give the guy the benefit of the doubt...and in the game today, a no call = OT and let them settle it, not the idiots who review EVERY F'N PLAY decide the outcome....
    Don't be a dumb ass, the ref did not decide the game, the player who decided to hack the crap out of the guys arm did. Or you can blame the coach for having the players there to fight for a meaningless rebound. The refs did their job. Both were clear fouls, blame the players, not the refs. The players are the ones who ****** up.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The reffing has been terrible in general, not a surprise, but those two calls were good to see. People would have been going crazy if they didn't make the calls, it's nice to see the refs actually had the balls to make the right call at the end of the game. Though, they were pretty blatant.

Oh yeah, they sucked the rest of the game though. Howard gets away with his bullshit soccer like antics.

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

The last two fouls in the Pitt game were def fouls. However, I too have been disappointed by the refs in other aspects. I've seen a lot of "ticky tack" fouls this madness. I see enough of that in the NBA, no need to ruin college bball too

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps
    donnyguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8759

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    The block in the Louisville game was the cleanest block in the history of basketball.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by donnyguru View Post
    The block in the Louisville game was the cleanest block in the history of basketball.
    You're outta your fuk'in mind! Go see an optometrist and get some glasses! That was the worst call in the history of the NCAA tourney! First the big east ref fiasco, with 3 refs "removing" themselves because the idiots couldn't even finish calling the Rutgers/St.Johns game, and then the bullshit no call at the end of the Louisville game! These fuk'in refs should be sent to referee high school games! Their fat asses can't even keep up with the action in college ball! Such a fuk'in waste, a team busts it's ass all season to get to the tourney and to have it decided by some fat fuk with a whistle is atrocious!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 03-20-11 at 04:51 PM.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

The worst game of officiating I have seen in the last couple of weeks has to be the Rutgers/St. Johns ending in the big east tourny. Just the manner that the officials gave up and walked off the court. Didn't even care to look at a replay or anything no matter how much Rutgers was screaming for it. This game is pretty high up the charts

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by dotheopposite View Post
    The worst game of officiating I have seen in the last couple of weeks has to be the Rutgers/St. Johns ending in the big east tourny. Just the manner that the officials gave up and walked off the court. Didn't even care to look at a replay or anything no matter how much Rutgers was screaming for it. This game is pretty high up the charts

These tourney games don't compare to that Rutgers fukking

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Never seen such bullshit last second calls in my life! Three games now that should have gone to overtime, instead decided by a zebra whistle! This tournament is a joke!
    are you new to gambling?

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

A very very appropriate question to ask in this situation, hahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyasu View Post

are you new to gambling?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

These refs lied to the coach and said they looked and that sure doesn't look true to me. They would have put more time on the clock if they did.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

i dont care about the end of the game crap, thats all anyone focuses on, the calls made in the 1st 35 minutes have been terrible

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Awful yet again today in the unc game....once again as was the case with pitt and louville, it never shoulda came down to a late call as wazzu gave that game away.....

Best part is all these dumb refs will review every single play in the regular season to check on fouls/timing/ and every other bit of bullshit and drag games out as they are obvious calls in realtime, yet in the tournament when it matters the most, they refuse to review things.......

The ncaa is a complete joke and needs a complete overhaul, as the fucktards like jim burr and ed hightower are simply awful.....watching 5 years of them call illini games in person was unbearable and continues to this day......ncaa wake up you idiots and get this together when it matters most, in march...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Michigan cant buy a call from these Dukie refs today

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    These refs lied to the coach and said they looked and that sure doesn't look true to me. They would have put more time on the clock if they did.
    that is simply outrageous if thats the case with them lying that they did....but typical of the ncaa or any league in that matter, they are driven by money and having the big names like UNC/BUTLER/DOOK/KANSAS/yankees/red sox/phillies/steelers/patriots all of them they get the calls as everyone wants to see them not teams like wazzu/pitt and other less known but solid teams.....

if i was a coach i would have so many fines against me for talking about the constant bullshit that goes down, in addition for lots of benchings as these teams today are composed of some of the stupidest players ever and what they decide to do in big moments blows my mind and would leave me with lots of heart attacks

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

You're outta your fuk'in mind! Go see a optometrist and get some glasses! That was the worst call in the history of the NCAA tourney! First the big east ref fiasco, with 3 refs "removing" themselves because the idiots couldn't even finish calling the game, and then the bullshit no call at the end of the Louisville game! These fuk'in refs should be sent to referee high school games! Their fat asses can't even keep up with the action in college ball! Such a fuk'in waste, a team busts it's ass all season to get to the tourney and to have it decided by some fat fuk with a whistle is atrocious!
    No, the no call in the Louisville-Morehead game was absolutely correct. Faried was vertical and held his position very well, not to mention he got the ball.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

rutgers took it in the seat.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Unreal duke game is even better from what I heard.. embrassing how fixed games r, refs ruined the tournament this year

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Michigan cant buy a call from these Dukie refs today

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by GOB View Post
    No, the no call in the Louisville-Morehead game was absolutely correct. Faried was vertical and held his position very well, not to mention he got the ball.
    Yeah he (Faried) was vertical alright, he used his left hand to block the ball, but if you look a the replay and I've watched it a dozen times, he uses his right hand to maul Marra and knock him down, it's a damn foul if you use the other hand to gain an advantage while supposedly going for the ball! Of course those idiots in pin stripes can't observe an obvious blocking foul! I believe the big east referees and a group of crooked officials in general, have it in for certain coaches in the NCAA. The whole fuk'in thing stinks of corruption and back room payoffs!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 03-20-11 at 04:49 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

maybe you should train to become a college bball ref mikejamm

you've got all the answers!

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Yeah he (Faried) was vertical alright, he used his left hand to block the ball, but if you look a the replay and I've watched it a dozen times, he uses his right hand to maul Marra and knock him down, it a damn foul if you use the other hand to gain an advantage while supposedly going for the ball! Of course those idiots in pin stripes can't observe an obvious blocking foul! I believe the big east referees and a group of crooked officials in general, have it in for certain coaches in the NCAA. The whole fuk'in thing stinks of corruption and back room payoffs!
    We'll agree to disagree. I still think it was called correctly.

mikejamm

Rick Pitino complained about the officiating early on in the season and has been gett'in fuk'ed ever since! Same shit today with the Duke game. Coach K gets every call, I wonder how much money Duke University contributes to the "whoops I missed another fuk'in call" referee retirement fund!

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

basketball nba or colleges are the 2 most fixed sports, the easiest to do as well

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    basketball nba or colleges are the 2 most fixed sports, the easiest to do as well
    Pass interference and holding say hi.

They can be called on just about every play in every football game.