ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

refs & sports betting 101

they call the shots.

it was painted picture perfect in the sec champ game today

if anyone thinks the game was called fairly today - then you are kidding yourself

raiderfootball46
    raiderfootball46's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guarantee you that there will be an investigation into this game. This game was poorly officiated and very one sided. 30 FT's to 8? I saw at least 4 charges on KY that weren't called. Also the out of bounds under the rim with 5 minutes left in the game... Some how got overturned?

Tklane21
    Tklane21's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing that kills me about ref conspiracy theories is that they can only control so much. Sure if a game is 71-70 for the favorite who is @ -3 then they can call a chippy foul on the dog, but it's the 10 other guys on the court who had to get the game into that position to start with.

So unless both teams are systematically staging the game then it's really not a big deal in the end.

GBrooks77
    GBrooks77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Tklane21, Although I agree with you to a certain extent your not looking at it clearly enough. When games are officiated to where one side is heavily favored it sets the tempo for each team automatically. For instance the way this game was called today it was lopsided early in Kentucky's favor that makes it difficult for Florida to play defense without worrying about fouling again. It's bad enough when Kentucky gets fouls like that but atleast call the game the same way for both sides. Florida got hacked and they wouldn't call anything and that affects the game offensively and defensively. It's much easier than most people think for officials to control the outcome of a game. I look at the definition of a fix 2 different ways, Was the game scripted? No. Was one team heavily favored by the officials the entire game? Yes.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't feel so bad now knowing I was robbed by the refs.

raiderfootball46
    raiderfootball46's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tklane21 View Post
    The thing that kills me about ref conspiracy theories is that they can only control so much. Sure if a game is 71-70 for the favorite who is @ -3 then they can call a chippy foul on the dog, but it's the 10 other guys on the court who had to get the game into that position to start with.

So unless both teams are systematically staging the game then it's really not a big deal in the end.
    True but the main thing they can control is fouls and possesions. Very strange how they almost shot identical % from Fg and 3.. But Crazy how line moved that much at the tip ... Idk I think this game was rigged as most usually are. All about being on the right side !

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not all games are entirely setup to favour one team but this game was so obviously scripted that anyone who bets on sports should think twice before thinking this business is legit
    just saying. if you dont agree with me so be it

what a god awful game
    a blind man with no clue about the game could have sat there and allowed the teams to play it out properly