Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Uk may grab a #2 seed

They beat Notre Dame by 14, won at Louisville by 15, beat Pac-10 winner Washington, beat Florida twice, beat Vandy, only lost by 2 at North Carolina, only bad loss at Arkansas by 1. RPI #9, strength of schedule #9, and have historically been over-seeded. Gotta love it if you are a UK fan!!!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

They are a solid 3 seed, a 2 is stretching it.

That said, they are very dangerous.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

NO...

UK should be a #4 but will probably get a #3 because they will pay someone off. No way will they be higher than UF who will be a solid #3.

UK is either a #3 or #4.

Fed_42420

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    NO...

UK should be a #4 but will probably get a #3 because they will pay someone off. No way will they be higher than UF who will be a solid #3.

UK is either a #3 or #4.
    Why wouldn't they be higher than Florida, they beat Florida twice. Have better wins than Florida, wins against Notre Dame and Louisville should put them well ahead of Florida.

LT Profits

NO...

UK is either a #3 or #4.
    UK is rated MUCH higher than Florida on Pomeroy Ratings. In fact, Kentucky is in the Top 10 (8th I think) and Florida is ranked in the 20s.

This is the first time in memory that Ky is actually UNDERrated, a 3 seed with Elite Eight potential,

Mac4Lyfe

UF won the SEC conference with a better record than UK and have a higher RPI. What else do you want?

Lunardi has them both as 3's but UF had the best chance to get to the 2 if they would have won against cheating refs.

LT Profits

UF won the SEC conference with a better record than UK and have a higher RPI. What else do you want?

Lunardi has them both as 3's but UF had the best chance to get to the 2 if they would have won against cheating refs.
    Pomeroy is more reliable than Joey Brackets, especially from gambling perspective.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I bet the committee doesn't even factor in this game. they are lazy and only care about sundays games that decide auto bids and #1 seeds

Fed_42420

I want a winning head to head record, which Florida can't provide.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    I bet the committee doesn't even factor in this game. they are lazy and only care about sundays games that decide auto bids and #1 seeds

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Pomeroy is more reliable than Joey Brackets, especially from gambling perspective.
    Well UF is a #2 and Kensucky is a #4

Florida, 11-3 vs RPI top 50, UK 9-5, with a higher SOS and RPI. I can't wait for Kensucky to go up in flames with slimy Calimari...

LT Profits

Ironically, although I think Ky is the better team, I have Fla going further. Ky has the misfortune of running into Ohio State in Sweet 16 while Gators look to have pretty clear path to Elite Eight.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Florida, 11-3 vs RPI top 50, UK 9-5, with a higher SOS and RPI. I can't wait for Kensucky to go up in flames with slimy Calimari...
    Florida sucks. Worst 2 seed ever. They got smacked in the non conference. Ohio State destroyed them on their home court. Jacksonville beat them and some other scrub team beat them. they should of been a 3 at best.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperDapper View Post
    Florida sucks. Worst 2 seed ever. They got smacked in the non conference. Ohio State destroyed them on their home court. Jacksonville beat them and some other scrub team beat them. they should of been a 3 at best.
    Prove to me 4 other teams that should have been ahead of UF and I'll give you 50 points.

UF - 7 RPI, 5 SOS

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your such a fuking fa\*\*ot I swear to go you dont have a clue. Please for everyones sake lose your password and GTFO.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Prove to me 4 other teams that should have been ahead of UF and I'll give you 50 points.

UF - 7 RPI, 5 SOS
    I'm not a fan of either, but I don't care about RPI because somehow Harvard had an RPI of like 30. Tell how can a team lose to Jacksonville and be one of the top 8 teams?

Mac4Lyfe

^^^Well then your not a fan of the system. RPI, SOS and wins against the top 50 is the name of the game. How else can you rate teams??? Harvard couldn't beat anyone in the top 50 and their SOS was poor (150). I'd love to have seen Harvard make it but poor top 50 and poor SOS. The numbers don't lie.

You can look at most teams and see bad losses. UF was leading in the Jax game and basically I think Donovan was making a statement by having them play stupid basketball. They were leading in every game except OSU and UK twice. They could easily have had just 2 or 3 losses tops. Their losses weren't as bad as most #2's and #3's.

UNC got blown out by a bad GT (worse than Jax) and a bad Minnesota team (also worse than Jax), also lost to Vandy who UF beat twice.

ND got blown out by St John and Marquette. Teams have bad nights. The committee is rewarding teams that schedule top teams and can beat top teams on their floor. UF out of conference beat Xavier, Morehouse St., FSU and KSU. Then UF was the best team in the SEC. That'll get you a #2 seed. Not too many other schools had a better OOC. Even Kansas had a week OOC.

Look at SDSU. They didn't play much out of conference. Signature win was BYU and Gonzaga. I like them but many questions could be said about them as well.