PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Where does St. Johns play tonight since Knicks are home.

Do they have a basketball gym on their campus? I dont even know, all there home games are played at MSG.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Good question I'm curious to know the answer to this too.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

In the SBR Garage?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

St. John's on campus court is the Carnesecca Arena, which I believe seats less then 6,000. They've played 5 games there this season, including two Big East games against Cincinnati (2 point loss) and Rutgers (2 point win)

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

out in queens. Im gonna start going to the games, work about two blocks from the garden.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Actually, looking at their other 3 games at the Carnesecca Arena, they struggled.

- 13 Point Win vs Columbia
    - 8 Point Win vs Wagner
    - 1 Point Loss vs St. Bonaventure

The Johnnies seem to love the limelight, so a trip back to the Carn vs a Big East bottom feeder may not be their cup of tea. Is there some value on DePaul at +15 or so??

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

Went to st.john's for a semester. The basketball games aren't very well attended. The "arena" really isn't meant to have a powerful atmosphere, so they don't have nearly the home court that they do at MSG.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I might take a look at DePaul +15 after doing some additional capping, there could be good value there

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Do they have a basketball gym on their campus? I dont even know, all there home games are played at MSG.
    Not even close to being true.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

so its a road game then

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

I like Depaul +14 here.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Not even close to being true.
    obviously not completely true, but besides the first few non-conference games, almost every home game after that is played at MSG. I love these people that just claim something isn't true without giving any reasoning to back up there statement.

BTW this is Carnesecsa Arena
    It's not MSG, but should be a good atmosphere after the big St. Johns win and breaking into the top 25. There definitely could be a slight letdown and Depaul covers.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Its not a road game its at siant johns campus

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

more of a student atmosphere than MSG.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    obviously not completely true, but besides the first few non-conference games, almost every home game after that is played at MSG. I love these people that just claim something isn't true without giving any reasoning to back up there [sic] statement.
    What reasoning? St. John's every year plays home games at Carnesecca Arena. It's a fact. That needs reasoning to back it up?

You want me to mention every home game they've played not at MSG? It'd take days.

"obviously not completely true"? No, not at all true, period.

yisman

Since some people still can't figure it out, let's go through this season's schedule:

preseason vs. Westmont, 11/6/10
    vs. Columbia, 11/17
    vs. Wagner, 12/1
    vs. St. Bonaventure, 12/7
    vs. Cincinnati, 1/22/11
    vs. Rutgers, 2/2/11
    vs. Depaul, 2/23/11
    vs. South Florida, 3/5/11

SJU often plays there, usually for games not expected to draw as big an audience. The arena can hold a lot less people than MSG, so obviously they want their marquee games at the Garden.
    Last edited by yisman; 02-23-11 at 01:28 PM.

yisman

obviously not completely true, but besides the first few non-conference games, almost every home game after that is played at MSG. I love these people that just claim something isn't true without giving any reasoning to back up there [sic] statement.
    Also not true. I love it when people make absurd claims without even bothering to do their research.

nyed1010

Also not true. I love it when people make absurd claims without even bothering to do their research.
    didn't realize they played 4 conference games at Carnesseca. Thought it was more like 1 or 2. I was wrong, but they still play more home conference games at MSG(6) than they do at Carnesseca(4). Still not even that off and certainly not absurd.

yisman

obviously not completely true, but besides the first few non-conference games, almost every home game after that is played at MSG. I love these people that just claim something isn't true without giving any reasoning to back up there [sic] statement. BTW this is Carnesecsa [sic] Arena
    didn't realize they played 4 conference games at Carnesseca. Thought it was more like 1 or 2. I was wrong, but they still play more home conference games at MSG(6) than they do at Carnesseca(4).
    Ummm, obviously they play more conference games at MSG than at Carnesecca Arena.. I don't see where anyone said differently.

You said they play "almost every [conference] home game" at MSG.

nyed1010

Ummm, obviously they play more conference games at MSG than at Carnesecca Arena.. I don't see where anyone said differently.

yes I admitted I was wrong, I thought the games played at Carnesseca was more like 1 or 2. But they still do play more games and usually the marquee televised games at MSG, so I wouldn't be that far fetched for OP to believe they played all home games at MSG.

nyed1010

My only problem here was with people coming on threads and saying "wrong" and not explaining why. This is why people join forums and create threads. They come here to seek answers from more knowledgeable people and it's far from helpful when people just come in and chime in "wrong, not even close" and then leave.

yisman

My only problem here was with people coming on threads and saying "wrong" and not explaining why. This is why people join forums and create threads. They come here to seek answers from more knowledgeable people and it's far from helpful when people just come in and chime in "wrong, not even close" and then leave.
    It was completely obvious. If someone says the earth is flat, I'm not going to waste my time posting studies showing it isn't. It suffices to say that the OP is wrong.

What's extremely unhelpful is when someone corrects the original poster, and then someone else comes along and claims that person is wrong.

I've lived near St. John's most of my life, and to see a thread like this was surprising to say the least, especially when I read your comments.

yisman

yes I admitted I was wrong, I thought the games played at Carnesseca was more like 1 or 2. But they still do play more games and usually the marquee televised games at MSG
    Basically all the marquee games are at MSG, as I stated, because MSG has a much larger capacity. They schedule the games where they expect a large crowd so they can be played at MSG.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Back in the Chris Mullin days they played half there home games in msg and half in alumni hall, that was the last time people cared about them until now.

nyed1010

It was completely obvious. If someone says the earth is flat, I'm not going to waste my time posting studies showing it isn't. It suffices to say that the OP is wrong.

What's extremely unhelpful is when someone corrects the original poster, and then someone else comes along and claims that person is wrong.

I've lived near St. John's most of my life, and to see a thread like this was surprising to say the least, especially when I read your comments.
    claiming the Earth is flat and this is beyond insanity. When St. Johns plays most of their MARQUEE televised games at MSG and I have no idea where OP is from, but if he's anywhere outside of the New York Metropolitan area and the only time he has ever seen St. Johns play is at MSG against Georgetown on ESPN primetime, it is not far fetched for OP to believe that St. Johns plays all their home games at MSG. Of course for a guy like you that knows St. johns basketball, it's not going to be news that St. Johns does not play all home games at MSG, but for many others, the fact that MSG is not the main home of St. Johns is not that obvious.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

hmmmm... interesting..never thought of where they would play

yisman

No, it's not the same as saying the earth is flat, but it's still a ridiculous thing to say, especially when he could've easily found this information in 30 seconds or less.

There's absolutely no reason for me to waste time trying to "prove" him wrong, and I didn't waste any time on this topic until you decided to attack me without even doing your own research. If you had, you would've known you were wrong and would've agreed with me.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Back in the Chris Mullin days they played half there home games in msg and half in alumni hall, that was the last time people cared about them until now.
    Yeah, they've played home games at Alumni Hall (since renamed Carnesecca Arena, in honor of the long time SJU coach) for many years. Since 1961, according to a quick Google search.

nyed1010

No, it's not the same as saying the earth is flat, but it's still a ridiculous thing to say, especially when he could've easily found this information in 30 seconds or less.

There's absolutely no reason for me to waste time trying to "prove" him wrong, and I didn't waste any time on this topic until you decided to attack me without even doing your own research. If you had, you would've known you were wrong and would've agreed with me.
    what? I just proved to you why this wouldn't be a ridiculous thing to say and why it wouldn't be far fetched for OP or various other people to say. Secondly, I wouldn't say I was completely wrong as I've said already, they play more conference games at MSG than they do at Carnesseca. Sure, we should all just google it and not have discussions about it. Why have a forum then? Just shut it down.

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    that's one thing you missed yisman. So just about anyone that has cared less(which is just about everybody, people in New York don't even care about St.johns and many still don't care about them even with the recent success this season) about St. johns in between that time would just about have no idea that st. johns played home games at Alumni/Carnesseca Arena.

yisman

what? I just proved to you why this wouldn't be a ridiculous thing to say and why it wouldn't be far fetched for OP or various other people to say. Secondly, I wouldn't say I was completely wrong as I've said already, they play more conference games at MSG than they do at Carnesseca.
    You were completely wrong. It's called Carnesecca Arena, and they play there every season, and not infrequently. The reason you posted here was to attack me, and you didn't even bother to look up whether you were correct. Essentially, you did the same thing as the OP.

Sure, we should all just google it and not have discussions about it. Why have a forum then? Just shut it down.
    That doesn't make any sense. A forum exists for discussion, and I would hope some intelligent discussion.

It doesn't exist so people who are too lazy to look things up can post uninformed jjgold-type things and have others do the work for them.

This is not ChaCha.

nyed1010

A forum exists for discussion, and I would hope some intelligent discussion.

It doesn't exist so people who are too lazy to look things up can post uninformed things and have others do the work for them.

This is not ChaCha.
    . You are ridiculous. This is the sad arrogance of us New Yorkers. We think the world revolves around us and expect people to know where ******* st.johns plays their home games LOL. You have nearly convinced me with your rhetoric that St. johns is some perennial powerhouse college basketball program . Secondly, this goes beyond the valid question of where does st.johns plays their home games outside of MSG. Discussions evolve and involve related questions such as how well does st. johns play at their other home considering how well they've played at MSG. Will there be a letdown playing at a smaller arena and against a non-ranked below average conference team?

yisman

I didn't say they were a perennial powerhouse.

Nevertheless, they're pretty high profile for a team that hasn't been any good lately, thanks to the incompetence of Mike Jarvis and Norm Roberts. This is NYC, and NYC isn't exactly known for having successful college teams of any kind. It's been years.

Norm Roberts was a lousy coach at Queens College, which is Division 3. I still can't figure out why SJU hired him.

nyed1010

You were completely wrong. It's called Carnesecca Arena, and they play there every season, and not infrequently. The reason you posted here was to attack me, and you didn't even bother to look up whether you were correct. Essentially, you did the same thing as the OP.

That doesn't make any sense. A forum exists for discussion, and I would hope some intelligent discussion.

It doesn't exist so people who are too lazy to look things up can post uninformed jjgold-type things and have others do the work for them.

This is not ChaCha.
    again with the arrogance like this is about you. Nope, you think your the only here that goes into threads contribute nothing productive to the thread? As you should know, there are a lot worse posts than "wrong, not even close". I'm attacking the widespread problem of not only unproductive posts, but unproductive threads that just clog up this forum. If there was an attack on you, it was for the reason that I can't stand people like you that think everyone knows information that you know, which in this case, was not obvious at all to anyone that doesn't follow st.johns basketball. Which I would expect to be a lot of people here.

12 Last