agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Roy Williams is *NOT* a Coach

He is a recruiting coordinator masquerading as a coach. If he couldn't straight out-talent his opponents he'd have nothing. This is what I imagine would happen if Tommy Amaker was a better recruiter.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    He is a recruiting coordinator masquerading as a coach. If he couldn't straight out-talent his opponents he'd have nothing. This is what I imagine would happen if Tommy Amaker was a better recruiter.
    Game isn't over

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Bingo. I have been saying this for quite some time. It is good to see someone else who knows this too.

coinpusha
    coinpusha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

he may not be on Dean Smith's level, but i think a 'recruiting coordinator' is a bit harsh, lol

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Dean Smith? He's not even on John Calipari's level! He just finds the best players he can and tells them to just keep running. With all the NBA point guards he's had Calipari at least seems to know how to teach guys to take their man off the dribble.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

I see vast development from the players that choose to stay.

matthewsg
    matthewsg's Avatar Become A Pro!

This comes up everytime UNC fails to win/cover. His problem this year, and last, is PG play. They have none and will not be a contender until they do. Putting $ on them is a coin-flip until they get a good pg on campus. His 2009 NCAA Championship team was a covering machine and nobody whined then. Closest tourney game was 12 with Hansbrough and company whipping OU with an already dominant Blake Griffin. Who was the better player in that matchup?

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumbest thing i've ever heard

knicks573
    knicks573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Quote Originally Posted by matthewsg View Post
    This comes up everytime UNC fails to win/cover. His problem this year, and last, is PG play. They have none and will not be a contender until they do. Putting $ on them is a coin-flip until they get a good pg on campus. His 2009 NCAA Championship team was a covering machine and nobody whined then. Closest tourney game was 12 with Hansbrough and company whipping OU with an already dominant Blake Griffin. Who was the better player in that matchup?

Bingo you said it best they thought larry drew was going to be better then what he is and we all know he sucks. The reason they struggle is the lack of a pg we dont have felton or lawson anymore

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I always thought Roy Willy was a Choke artist.

I know he has two Championships with N. Caron, but he always choked with those stacked Kansas teams.

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

Guy obviously has shown he has trouble motivating certain players. I would not be happy with him if he were at my school.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by matthewsg View Post
    I think this is the point trying to be made