AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Maryland -3 at Georgia Tech

On Sunday, Maryland will travel to Georgia to take on a Georgia Tech team that is getting some respect from odds makers after thumping Va. Tech 72-57 last time out.

All the meaningful stats: points for and against, rebounding, and field goal percentage points towards the Terps coming out on top.

However, let's look at some not so, shall we say, stand-out statistics:

• Maryland averages 35 rebounds per game, but on the road, that number jumps to 40, which is fourth in the nation. Meanwhile, G-Tech comes in to the contest with the 275th ranked offensive rebounding unit at home, still stuck at their average of 35. That can and will be a huge factor.
    • Maryland plays lock down defense on the road. Gary Williams side gives up an average of 63 per game, but on the road have dropped that number to 60 ppg. Meanwhile, GT is dumping in an average of 73 points per game at home. Something's gotta give here, and I like the defense to win that battle.

The final stat I will throw at you in this one is the all so important assist to turnover ratio:

Maryland has a total of 339 assist on the season, and a total of 283 turnovers, for an average of 1.20, good for 19th in the nation.

G-Tech? 1.06 assist to turnover ratio, good for 101st in the nation!

In conclusion, don't over think this one folks.. I leave you with these final bits:

Maryland senior point guard Adrian Bowie has had eight double digit scoring nights in his last nine, and it's starting to pay dividends for the ability to get Jordan Williams open in the post!

Also, today there was a bit from Gary Williams concerning the ACC not doing enough to get their teams position in the polls:

"Some leagues do a better job of accentuating the positives and aren't afraid to throw stuff out there," Williams said Saturday. "The ACC has won five of the last 10 national championships, so don't tell me that we're a weak league. I believe [ACC teams won the NCAA championship] the last two years, the last time I checked. I believe [Maryland] beat the [last two] national champions, the last time I checked. But everybody's afraid to say that around here, for some reason."

Seems to be a good spot for Gary and his Terps to show how strong the ACC, and particularly his team, is on the road tomorrow evening.

The pick: Maryland -3

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

"at Georgia Tech."

Famous last words.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

As much as I like betting against GTech, they have played great at home lately.

AbeFroman

This is very true, G-Tech has been very good at home lately.

This being said, I believe this comes to an end tomorrow evening. Something's gotta give here, either G-Tech's home court play, or Maryland's strong road play. I'm on the road play coming in and getting a W, with the stats above as my reasoning.

BOL tomorrow!

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Maryland has the better players and better coach and should beat GT by double figures 7 out of 10, so why is the line only 3? Gun to my head I take Maryland, but I wouldn't put my money on this one. Smells fishy. Many better plays on the board.
    Points Awarded:

16johnnymac gave Dukebluejms 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya, I dont like this game at all. Good luck though

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
    On Sunday, Maryland will travel to Georgia to take on a Georgia Tech team that is getting some respect from odds makers after thumping Va. Tech 72-57 last time out.

All the meaningful stats: points for and against, rebounding, and field goal percentage points towards the Terps coming out on top.

However, let's look at some not so, shall we say, stand-out statistics:

• Maryland averages 35 rebounds per game, but on the road, that number jumps to 40, which is fourth in the nation. Meanwhile, G-Tech comes in to the contest with the 275th ranked offensive rebounding unit at home, still stuck at their average of 35. That can and will be a huge factor.
    • Maryland plays lock down defense on the road. Gary Williams side gives up an average of 63 per game, but on the road have dropped that number to 60 ppg. Meanwhile, GT is dumping in an average of 73 points per game at home. Something's gotta give here, and I like the defense to win that battle.

The final stat I will throw at you in this one is the all so important assist to turnover ratio:

Maryland has a total of 339 assist on the season, and a total of 283 turnovers, for an average of 1.20, good for 19th in the nation.

G-Tech? 1.06 assist to turnover ratio, good for 101st in the nation!

In conclusion, don't over think this one folks.. I leave you with these final bits:

Maryland senior point guard Adrian Bowie has had eight double digit scoring nights in his last nine, and it's starting to pay dividends for the ability to get Jordan Williams open in the post!

Also, today there was a bit from Gary Williams concerning the ACC not doing enough to get their teams position in the polls:

"Some leagues do a better job of accentuating the positives and aren't afraid to throw stuff out there," Williams said Saturday. "The ACC has won five of the last 10 national championships, so don't tell me that we're a weak league. I believe [ACC teams won the NCAA championship] the last two years, the last time I checked. I believe [Maryland] beat the [last two] national champions, the last time I checked. But everybody's afraid to say that around here, for some reason."

Seems to be a good spot for Gary and his Terps to show how strong the ACC, and particularly his team, is on the road tomorrow evening.

The pick: Maryland -3
    Nice Write Up..

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Should be tough

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

but BOL to you!

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

great read....good work on the write up and good luck tomorrow.

AbeFroman

You guys make good points, it does seem odd that this line is so low. Reasoning I'm backing today is because I've been scared of winners one too many times before just because it seemed to easy. Not taking that bait today.

BOL!

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16245

french toast bacon coffee

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Terps will win by double digits imo. A very young team but they are just now starting to click. Terps have won 9 of the last 10 vs Ga Tech

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Hard game to figure out...stay away.

steelers4me
    steelers4me's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

This is very true, G-Tech has been very good at home lately.

This being said, I believe this comes to an end tomorrow evening. Something's gotta give here, either G-Tech's home court play, or Maryland's strong road play. I'm on the road play coming in and getting a W, with the stats above as my reasoning.

BOL tomorrow!
    i'm with you on this one i think they jump out early...good luck

Bigcheez
    Bigcheez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5585

GTech playing really well at home. If it's a close game have to give the edge to GTech because Terps absolutely suck at making free throws.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

You sound like you know your NCAA hoops I need a few strong plays on the west coast. Thanks

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line has moved to Maryland -1

I don't understand it, I estimate Maryland -6, and it opened at -3 !!!

Something fishy, but I think I'm still going to play Maryland at -1 or -1.5

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

great input man i like it , gl

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Terps will win by double digits imo. A very young team but they are just now starting to click. Terps have won 9 of the last 10 vs Ga Tech
    Mismatch

AbeFroman

Congrats to those of you who stuck with or tailed with the Terps, a handy 11 point win on the road will cash the tickets!

I lean Washington in the late game, but I'm not going to make a play. Instead going to start looking at tomorrow. BOL the rest of the evening!

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Terps .!!

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

abe i thought i knew more than you and it
    hit me where it hurts in the pocket book gt
    sucks

AbeFroman

Hey Pac,

Sorry to hear you were on the other side of this one.. G-Tech just hasn't done enough for me to back them tonight, and parlaying that with the stats above, I felt comfortable backing Maryland.

BOL tomorrow!

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

thanks for the writeup

AbeFroman

Going to make this a posted play:

Washington -3 2H

The Huskies looked strong through the first fifteen minutes or so before WSU went on a brief free throw aided run to close the half with a 45-43 lead.

Looking at the results thus far, both of Washington's losses in conference play have come in games where the score was under 70 points for both sides, and neither team was over 40 at the half. On the flip side of that, WSU has four conferences losses, two of which where they finished the loser to a team that scored over 75 points.

With Washington averaging 87 points, I like the Huskies to come out in half number two and the contest.

davus4
    davus4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to make this a posted play:

Washington -3 2H

The Huskies looked strong through the first fifteen minutes or so before WSU went on a brief free throw aided run to close the half with a 45-43 lead.

Looking at the results thus far, both of Washington's losses in conference play have come in games where the score was under 70 points for both sides, and neither team was over 40 at the half. On the flip side of that, WSU has four conferences losses, two of which where they finished the loser to a team that scored over 75 points.

With Washington averaging 87 points, I like the Huskies to come out in half number two and the contest.
    yo, i would have made the exact same play!! (i also had WASH -4 for game) ... sorry it didn't work out.

AbeFroman

Hi Davus,

Yup, doomed by the fantastic WSU run to start the 2H. Just was too much to overcome.

Oh well. Back at it tomorrow! Too limited a card this evening.