bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conference Tourney Time

this week starts some of the conference tourneys. i don't know about you guys, but i'm very interested in a couple of these conference tourneys like the CAA and the MVC.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The next fews weeks are some of the best in sports. Selection Sunday is only two weeks away.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, I like championship week as much as the first round...ton of games, all day, all week...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Championship week is the best. Just as good if not better then the NCAA tournament. Lots of action each day, and you got to love the upsets. Im happy that the MWC decided to take the conference tournament back to Las Vegas.

I was there in 1998 (I think it was) when the Rebels of UNLV won the WAC tournament (Beating New Mexico) and everyone stormed the court. That was great.

UNLV beat the highly talented Utah in the 2nd round of the tournament as well. So they had to go through the best that year to win the WAC tournament.

Then in the NCAAs, the Rebels lost to Princeton. That game sucked.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Championship week is the best. Just as good if not better then the NCAA tournament. Lots of action each day, and you got to love the upsets. Im happy that the MWC decided to take the conference tournament back to Las Vegas.

I was there in 1998 (I think it was) when the Rebels of UNLV won the WAC tournament (Beating New Mexico) and everyone stormed the court. That was great.

UNLV beat the highly talented Utah in the 2nd round of the tournament as well. So they had to go through the best that year to win the WAC tournament.

Then in the NCAAs, the Rebels lost to Princeton. That game sucked.

Take solace that the 1991 UNLV team was the best that CBB has ever seen with Augmon, Johnson, Anthony, and Hunt. Although it is getting to the point where it almost never happened. I don;t care if they got cheated by Duke, UNLV of 1991 was the best team money could buy at that time.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

that was definitely a great team onlooker...