ANDTHEWINNERIS
    ANDTHEWINNERIS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game Of The Year

Utah St. @ Boise St.

Taco Bell Arena will be rocking tonight, as the Boise St. Broncos play host to the Utah St. Aggies. The Broncos will be playing to avenge an earlier loss to the Aggies. Some important things to note here. Boise St. has not scored less than 70 points in any game this season, home or away. The Aggies have given up 70+ just 3 times at home where they are 17-0, but when they have given up 70 in those 3 games they are 0-3 ATS. They have given up 70+ in 10 of 13 games played out of their own building! One of the games they gave up 70 in was not a lined game. The 12 games where they have yielded 70+, they are 2-10 ATS! (Boise St. got 78 on their court). This team has 3 road wins on the season to teams that are all below .500, and are 2-7 ATS on the road. They have played just 5 games on the road vs teams that have a winning record overall, and have allowed 82.4ppg, about 16 over their season average! These 5 teams have shot 149-295 against the Aggies, or 50.5%. They have also connected on 40-87 from 3, or 46%. They have also assisted on 85 of the 149 hoops or 57%, while turning the ball over just 47 times, or 9.4 per game. That is almost a 2-1 asst/to ratio, which would show a team full of good point guards. They can't play "D" on the road, in someone elses building. What do you think the best shooting team in the country is going to do to this team, playing with revenge at home, with the conference title awaiting a win? The outcome of those 5 games on the road vs .500+ teams for Utah St? An average losing margin of 17.4ppg!

BOISE ST IN A ROMP GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just reading the words "Taco Bell Arena" crack me up...

I haven't looked at this game yet, but your analysis seems pretty strong. Only problem is that when people post "GAME OF THE YEAR" it usually loses. I hope you buck the trend. Good luck.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post

I haven't looked at this game yet, but your analysis seems pretty strong. Only problem is that when people post "GAME OF THE YEAR" it usually loses. I hope you buck the trend. Good luck.
    I literally LOL when I read it and then scrolled down and saw your comment. Why not Big Mac House or Footlong Fieldhouse? LOL!

GL to the OP!

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nelson may not play...IMO Boise St won't roll here...Utah St is lousy on the road but this game is important to them as well. Nelson is Boise St's leading scorer and rebounder...rolled his ankle in the San Jose game Feb 28 and didn't play vs Hawaii on Sat. He won't be 100% even if he plays and will he be effective....I think Utah St covers

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

WSP I see this one possibly going to OT and ending with a 1 point win like Vandy/MSU last night. Take the points.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You had me at game of the year ... until I realized it's in Idaho. I love noobie posters.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    WSP I see this one possibly going to OT and ending with a 1 point win like Vandy/MSU last night. Take the points.
    I agree definitely a closer game then people think...Utah St will play their best road game of the year tonite...

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

yea i thought i liked this game as well, but the line movement has now scared me away.

as far as nelson is concered, boise fans say hes gonna play. but idk if hes gonna play the entire game.

i was at boise st's last game vs my crappy hawaii team. even without nelson, they dominated the game. they were up 18 at one point, until they seemed to give up and let hawaii back in it.

this is boise senior night. the 4 lone seniors are all starters including nelson. i dont think he would want to miss this one. the 4 seniors are also the 4 leading scorers. you know they will come to play.

i would give the points if i were to play this game

ANDTHEWINNERIS
    ANDTHEWINNERIS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ye of little faith, but glad to see everyone loves Utah St. just makes the play stronger, actually hate when people agree

andyman009
    andyman009's Avatar Become A Pro!

rofl what an idiot this guy is

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise State is losing by 14 at halftime, lols

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love fading game of years

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by ANDTHEWINNERIS View Post
    Ye of little faith, but glad to see everyone loves Utah St. just makes the play stronger, actually hate when people agree

Utah St was the play....

YoungMoney23

twas, twas...

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMoney23 View Post
    i love fading game of years
    yup yup

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    Nelson may not play...IMO Boise St won't roll here...Utah St is lousy on the road but this game is important to them as well. Nelson is Boise St's leading scorer and rebounder...rolled his ankle in the San Jose game Feb 28 and didn't play vs Hawaii on Sat. He won't be 100% even if he plays and will he be effective....I think Utah St covers

Utah St

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate it when people slam a poster for using "GOTY" or "Lock." The guy lost, so what? At least he had the balls to come in here, post confidently, and live or die by his decision. It makes things more interesting when someone hangs it all out there and goes out on a limb. I don't post like that, and most folks don't, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy guys who do.

Just my opinion.

andyman009

Quote Originally Posted by St. Andrew View Post
    I hate it when people slam a poster for using "GOTY" or "Lock." The guy lost, so what? At least he had the balls to come in here, post confidently, and live or die by his decision. It makes things more interesting when someone hangs it all out there and goes out on a limb. I don't post like that, and most folks don't, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy guys who do.

Just my opinion.

you know what, if you want entertainment then go to a comedy show or something, not a forum whose intentions are to "HANDICAP" sports picking...when a dumbfuk comes in here with his head in his ass, probably going to the school in real life, or just being a fan of the time, and calls it a "game of the year" and basis his pick based on the mere fact that it is going to be "the game of the year" then that classify's him as an imbecile, and an even bigger one if he's wrong...the fact of the matter is this forum is dedicated to HELPING or HANDICAPPING decisions made in sports betting. what this as$hole did was probably cost other people money by listening to his dumbas$...thus, this kind of "advice" that he tried giving us shouldnt belong here because of the lack of necessary FACTS, which may I add are what are used when handicapping is made, NOT the mere personal feelings of the poster...

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Right on Andyman009, i totally agree.

YoungMoney23

co-sign that andyman ^^^^

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andyman009 View Post
    you know what, if you want entertainment then go to a comedy show or something, not a forum whose intentions are to "HANDICAP" sports picking...when a dumbfuk comes in here with his head in his ass, probably going to the school in real life, or just being a fan of the time, and calls it a "game of the year" and basis his pick based on the mere fact that it is going to be "the game of the year" then that classify's him as an imbecile, and an even bigger one if he's wrong...the fact of the matter is this forum is dedicated to HELPING or HANDICAPPING decisions made in sports betting. what this as$hole did was probably cost other people money by listening to his dumbas$...thus, this kind of "advice" that he tried giving us shouldnt belong here because of the lack of necessary FACTS, which may I add are what are used when handicapping is made, NOT the mere personal feelings of the poster...
    The guy had a great write-up full of relevant stats. I didn't fact-check them, but they looked good to me.

I think there's one thing we can agree on though: if anyone lost money tailing him just because he used "GOTY", then they deserved to lose it.

andyman009

he showed the positive facts for boise state.....sure they look good, but what about their injured star ?????? what about utah's superb conference record????

when wright state played host to detroit a few days ago, THAT game would be something appropriate of being a "lock" not this sh1t

tyler36
    tyler36's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree whole heartedly, when someone comes on here and says its a lock or game of the year, it throws alot of people off, if your not a real capper, which i don't claim to be by the way, than its hard for people to get a read on what your saying, is it your capping that your betting on or your heart? anywho hope everyone had a great night tonight see ya tomorrow

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gotta go with St. Andrew on this one....If the name of a post is going to make you put money on something you regualarly wouldn't have than you need to quit gambling...If you have the balls to follow someone blindy than do it...Dude thought Boise loooked good...End of story...Game of the year title might have gone too far but any followers, follow at thier own discretion.....

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Until you know the poster real well, or they have a solid reputation here as a capper, everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, I have no problem with someone saying game of the year or lock because there are lots of different opinions to listen to. To me its kinda silly.

andyman009

keep in mind this idiot poster tried showing biased "facts" which would trick some posters into thinking this idiot knows what he's talking about....

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

if ur really stupid enough to put money on a game just because someone u dont know, or dont know the track record of came up with some good facts or trends or w/e the case may be. and they lose and then u whine, or say oh what an idiot. i truely believe whoever is crying and out some money is the idiot. he didnt force u, he didnt trick u, he didnt use any persuasive salesmen tricks of the trade or anything. u have that thing... uh whats it called... the thing... oh ya... a brain, a mind of ur own. if ur old enough to place a wager, u should be old enough to realize someone blowing steam up ur ass or someone who has solid info

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andyman009 View Post
    keep in mind this idiot poster tried showing biased "facts" which would trick some posters into thinking this idiot knows what he's talking about....
    It was definitely in bad taste. My rule of thumb: Never, ever, ever, use the words "lock" or "guarantee" in any sports betting thread, no matter how sure you think you are.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is that a newbie might jump right in once they see something like that...on the other hand I do agree that it is to no fault but their own for following blindly.

andyman009

Quote Originally Posted by ipickwinners View Post
    if ur really stupid enough to put money on a game just because someone u dont know, or dont know the track record of came up with some good facts or trends or w/e the case may be. and they lose and then u whine, or say oh what an idiot. i truely believe whoever is crying and out some money is the idiot. he didnt force u, he didnt trick u, he didnt use any persuasive salesmen tricks of the trade or anything. u have that thing... uh whats it called... the thing... oh ya... a brain, a mind of ur own. if ur old enough to place a wager, u should be old enough to realize someone blowing steam up ur ass or someone who has solid info

i didnt bet on this game dickhead, i just think that in a forum where the purpose is to "handicap" betting by using whatever knowledge and facts we may have to help make our decisions, this type of posting should be deleted immediately by a moderator...it makes this forum look less professional and helpful then it really is

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

r there rules stating u cannot provide information to games, whether the facts r true or not, or skewed or manipulated in the wrong way? im not saying someone should do this, but unless there r rules, whats the problem? imnot trying to cause problems. all im saying is we are all big boys

andyman009

r there rules stating u cannot provide information to games, whether the facts r true or not, or skewed or manipulated in the wrong way? im not saying someone should do this, but unless there r rules, whats the problem? imnot trying to cause problems. all im saying is we are all big boys
    gee whiz, then i guess the title "HANDICAP" should be removed

SchlepRock
    SchlepRock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post

You nailed that one LOL

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you here except for the idea that dude was purposefully trying to blow steam up anyone's ass...He had a pick..He loved it...It didnt come through....End of story... I would have written a similar thread on Mich State, but I know the way people take it around here...Now Mich St. wasnt a lock until the last 3 minutes but still it was an easy win...Stages for gambling are 1.Research...2.Consider Advice....3.Placing bets....4. Winning/Losing...5. Cheering a win, or taking a loss like a man...6. Adjusting your system to maximize your money making potentials (without blaming or congatulating others)...7...Go back to step 1.....
    Basically its up to you...Take the time to research a game....Nobody should complain about another person's picks...