TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

A BIG Saturday in the Big East (Picks Inside)

A BIG Saturday in the Big East

Connecticut @ Villanova (-1.5)
    Saturday, February 23, 12:00 PM (EST)

Yes, thats right, UConn is a dog to a Villanova team that is 6-7 in the Big East so far this season. How do you explain Connecticut being the underdog in this Big East matchup? Its all about timing boys and girls. Connecticut comes into this game riding a 10 game winning streak that includes win over Marquette, Indiana, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and Notre Dame. However, UConn struggled in their last road affair with a pesky South Florida team that had them down most of the game before UConn prevailed 74-73. They also had trouble dispatching a Depaul team at home that is on the brink of missing the Big East Tournament.....again.

Villanova, on the other hand is coming off a 78-56 rout of West Virginia at the Pavillion. Nova is 3-1 in their last 4 Big East conference games, including the infamous phantom foul call against Georgetown. Villanova knows that they have to have some key wins to close the season out if they want an NCAA bid. Their best win this season is more than likely a 64-63 win over Pittsburgh at home. When the chips are down you have to rely on your big guns and Nova definately has one in Scottie Reynolds. Look for Reynolds to have a huge game to help his team climb to .500 in Big East conference play.

This is just a flat out bigger game for Villanova than UConn. I know it's hard to give points in this game, but its not going to matter in the long run. Villanova will win this game outright and cover the 1.5 point spread that Vegas has offered us

Villanova (-1.5)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

nice to see we are on the same page, and another Big East contributer. We might have something here.

TPowell

Cincinnati @ Georgetown (-14)
    Saturday, February 23, 12:00 PM (EST)

Lets be honest here, Georgetown should be 1-3 in their last 4 Big East conference games. The phantom foul call against Villanova was an absolute joke. Georgetown is 1 team that I DONT want if they are giving double digits to decent Big East teams. You may look at this and say, well Georgetown is at home and they need to get back on track before March. The fact is, Georgetown is a sinking ship in the Big East. G-Town really hasnt played a great game since January 19th when they absolutely spanked Notre Dame by 19 points. This is NOT the same Georgetown team though.

Cincinnati is 8-5 in the Big East, anybody would say that's enough to warrant a ticket to the Big Dance. However, a 5-7 out of conference record will play into the selection committee's decision. As of now, Cincy is out when it comes to the Big Dance. A win at Georgetown would be a nice feather in their cap and would more than likely propel them to an at large bid unless they absolutely suck it up down the stretch. Either way, Saturday is not a postseason game for G-Town and is one for Cincy. Expect Cincy to play hard and give Georgetown all they can handle.

Like so many games this Saturday, this game is about timing. Time is close to running out for Cincinnati when it comes to the Big Dance. I fully expect Cincinnati to stay within the 14 point spread in this Big East matchup

Cincinnati (+14)

TPowell

Depaul at Seton Hall (-4)

Saturday, February 23, 8:00 PM (EST)

What can you say about Depaul? Well, they are a whopping 2-8 on the road this season. The closest margin of defeat in those 8 losses is 5 points. Remember that number for later on. Their lone road win in Big East play was at St. Johns by 6 points. Seems like the Blue Demons leave their game at home when they go on the road. Might want to look into actually bringing that WITH them next season.

Seton Hall is no world beater in their own right, but they win games that they are supposed to win and usually win big. Seton Hall is 3-3 at home in the Big East play. The 3 losses have came against UConn, Notre Dame, and Marquette. My point is, Seton Hall cant compete with the big dogs in the Big East, but they will and have feasted on the lower tier teams like Depaul at home. Seton Hall also has the ability to light it up from downtown at any time.

This game is all about, how bad are you? The answer for Depaul is bad enough to lose to Seton Hall by at least two possesions.

Seton Hall (-4)

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good choices guys, definitely going to play Cincy at +14....

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

w/ you on seton hall minus the points

TPowell

My Plays for 2/23 (Early Edition)

Villanova (-1.5)
    Cincinnati (+14)
    Kentucky (-2)
    Utah (-2.5)

Early Edition 2

Texas (-8.5)
    Michigan (+2)
    Vanderbilt (-9)
    UNLV (-5.5)
    South Carolina (+2)

Late Games

Ole Miss (-3)
    West Virginia (-12)
    Seton Hall (-3.5)
    Baylor (PK)
    Tennessee (+6.5)

Late Late Games

Idaho (+14)
    BYU(-2.5)
    Last edited by TPowell; 02-23-08 at 09:11 PM. Reason: more games

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gl Tp. . .

TPowell

I feel horrible again this morning and didnt do a writeup for Kentucky. Nova looks good right now, but UConn is playing god awful as well and thats not gonna last.

MOMONEY
    MOMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I feel horrible again this morning and didnt do a writeup for Kentucky. Nova looks good right now, but UConn is playing god awful as well and thats not gonna last.

Speaking of Kentucky, who do you like in that game?

TPowell

I like Kentucky, the SEC west in general struggles away from home and I think UK has a lot of confidence

bulldog3131
    bulldog3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

cincinati is awful

They can't shoot worth a sh@@

TPowell

who are you talking about? Kentucky or Arkansas?

TPowell

Good recovery from the 2-2 start. South Carolina (+2) took Miss. State to overtime, but didnt have enough to cover. That was the lone loser in a 4-1 run. 6-3 so far today and I have 5 games going/getting ready to go now. I'll tackle the late late games probably after Memphis/Tennessee starts

TPowell

about to add 2 more games for later tonight

TPowell

Not a bad Saturday, 9-6. Look for more solid plays tommorow!