onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Kansas and Memphis. Who should be #1

Now with North Carolina losing, and if Kansas wins big tonight at Missouri. Do you think they can jump Memphis, even if Memphis beats Southern Mississippi?

Who should be number 1 after tonights games, if they both win that is?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Even though I think Kansas is the better team (maybe the best in the country?), I think Memphis should be #1 for the simple fact that they were #2 and just keep blowing people away. If they win by doublle-digits again tonight, that should be enough to put them at #1 no matter what Kansas does.

BUT, even though Memphis has an outstanding chance to go undefeated during the regular season, i would pick them to lose to Kansas in March. Then again, that has nothing to do with the original question.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I believe Kansas should be 1 in a couple of weeks. The focus on Memphis now is on their confrence schedule and not all of the key wins they had out of the confrence. Oklahoma, UCONN, Georgetown (by 15), Arizona (double digits), USC, Cincinatti at Cinci by 10 (huge win in my book, big rivalry). I think Kansas might be a better team but right now Memphis has more key wins, and by lopsided numbers.

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Even though I think Kansas is the better team (maybe the best in the country?), I think Memphis should be #1 for the simple fact that they were #2 and just keep blowing people away. If they win by doublle-digits again tonight, that should be enough to put them at #1 no matter what Kansas does.

BUT, even though Memphis has an outstanding chance to go undefeated during the regular season, i would pick them to lose to Kansas in March. Then again, that has nothing to do with the original question.
    I agree completely. I think since Memphis is #2 they should get the #1 spot if they continue to win. It would be different if Memphis was playing poor teams and eeking out wins, but they have been dominating teams. As long as they keep doing that it is hard to bump them imo.

I would feel differently if this were football where it affects your bowl game, money, bcs crap...but in bball we are lucky enough to have a tournament where it is settled so we can just slide these teams up a spot to 1 and 2 without worrying much about it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

Until they show vulnerabilities, Memphis.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

No question here for me, the Memphis Tigers! I believe they will go into the Conference USA tournament undefeated! Someone remember to bump this in March when they are UNDEFEATED! The Tigers are FOR REAL! Tough game against Tennessee, but if they win that one then their only other tough games are against Houston!

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

thank you peyton. I think Tennessee will be overmatched (even though it won't be a home game for us bc. half the people in memphis are TN fans). They have hardly any size and rely TOTALY on the 3 ball. I have argued with my brother (he being a TN grad and me being a Memphis grad) forever about the game to come so I will just sit back and see how the season unfolds.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Memphis

jdavis
    jdavis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you guys lost your mind?

Are you crazy? Have you seen Memphis play? Those guys ball!!! I actually felt that they should have been number 1 before North Carolina lost and I am a major Tar Heel fan. Kansas better than Memphis? Are you crazy, like I said, I don't think you guys have seen them play. Let keep it honest. Memphis should be number 1 without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough one, Memphis is playing incredlble, blowing out teams nice stong defense and those boys can shoot.

On other hand, Kansas has a great group that move the ball around till the shot is there and they can pounce on you if your not watching and all of a sudden be down by 10 points in 2 minutes.

Although, Memphis has that ability too so lets just say 1.Memphis and 1a. Kansas

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14533

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Memphis
    ditto.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Memphis, they have played a very tough non - conf schedule, and they are deserving of the top spot as of now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Looks like no question now, well up to this point. Memphis will fall when they lose later in the year. They will not go undefeated.