Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Northeastern +8

Northeastern +8 (-110)

So be it.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I really love Northeastern here, would not surprise me one bit if they win straight up. Im riding with you buddy

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Northeastern +8 (-110)

So be it.
    Adding:

Pine Bluff ML (+150)

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Scary: NE are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games overall.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Scary: NE are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games overall.

wernt most those as kinda high favs though?

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    wernt most those as kinda high favs though?
    All were faves yes, ranging from -2 to -15.

2daBank

you cant convince me ucon hasnt totally packed it in....those kids quit, kinda surprised they even excepted the bid

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

My question is this.. Will Calhoun play his seniors much? Thinking he might play the younger guys to see what he is working with for next year. ?

2daBank

My question is this.. Will Calhoun play his seniors much? Thinking he might play the younger guys to see what he is working with for next year. ?

if i was him id sit all those fuks, they str8 up quit on him why let them play....problem is i dont think he got a lot to work with, the younger kids arnt that good from what i hear

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if i was him id sit all those fuks, they str8 up quit on him why let them play....problem is i dont think he got a lot to work with, the younger kids arnt that good from what i hear
    Yeah, but Im just not that impressed with Northeastern, kind of faded off down the stretch. But UCONN has been less then stellar themselves.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17800

Yeah, but Im just not that impressed with Northeastern, kind of faded off down the stretch. But UCONN has been less then stellar themselves.
    Keep in mind that NU started the season 2-7! They couldn't hit anything, and they had some bad losses (Boston U, WMU, Drexel).

They finished in similar fashion. The most striking fact about them is they inability to play in a big game. They are 2-5 on ESPN networks with one being the gimmie win against George Mason where a player was fouled on the final buzzer beater shot in a tie game. 2 of 3 free throws and they were given the win.

They also had to go to double OT against Hofstra in the conference tourney. The #7 seed. Just a week after losing at home to Hofstra on ESPNU as an 11 pt favorite.

In the 2nd round of the tourney, they lost to William and Mary with a last second shot. However, they only scored 17 pts in the first half putting them down 14. They needed a complete collaspe from W&M just to get the game close.

When it counts, NU doesn't show up. As an alum of the school, I have seen this happen all too often, sadly across all sports. It just what we do.

As for me, I'm not touching the game. I'm just going to be a fan and hope for the best. Instincts and history tells me that 8 isn't enough to be comfortable. But then you run into the stuff said about UConn above.

I will leave you with one closing thought/question.

Does Calhoun lose to NU, the place he started his college coaching career? Does it still matter to him after 20 years? Just one little known fact that may affect the game.
    Last edited by InTheRed; 03-16-10 at 03:17 PM.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

despite all of this, I still think Uconns mind will not be in this game. seniors may get little play

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by wilforth View Post
    northeastern +8 (-110) win

so be it.
    1-0 +1.00

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

roflmao UCONN is so bad I wish NE would of won that game straight up. UCONN didnt deserve that game .