Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Let the girls play: #2 Ohio St v. #6 Iowa!

This is going to be a great game. Ohio St beat Iowa earlier this year in a thrilling OT victory. Now they're playing in Iowa. Both teams are ranked in the top 10. I see some US books having WNCAA games but I can't find any offshore books having lines. Does anyone knows a book who has this game?

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

Heritage has the lines up now and I think BOL will post them.
    Points Awarded:

Headsterx gave trendon 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by trendon View Post
    Heritage has the lines up now and I think BOL will post them.
    Thanks, I’ll wait for BOL.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

Sorry, but my generation ... Pistol Pete was/is still tops.

Late 60's. College basketball at the time didn’t have a 3-point line or shot clock, both of which wouldn’t be adopted until nearly 20 years after Maravich’s final college game. Former LSU coach Dale Brown, who succeeded Press Maravich in 1972 and led the Tigers for 25 years, once reportedly charted every shot Maravich took in college and found that had there been a 3-point line, Maravich would have averaged 57 points per game.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave Madison 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Sorry, but my generation ... Pistol Pete was/is still tops.

Late 60's. College basketball at the time didn’t have a 3-point line or shot clock, both of which wouldn’t be adopted until nearly 20 years after Maravich’s final college game. Former LSU coach Dale Brown, who succeeded Press Maravich in 1972 and led the Tigers for 25 years, once reportedly charted every shot Maravich took in college and found that had there been a 3-point line, Maravich would have averaged 57 points per game.
    I’m a Caitlin Clark fan and a women’s basketball enthusiast and I totally agree. Also in Pete’s day you couldn’t play as a freshman so he did all that in three years without a three point line. It’s foolish to compare anyone today to him

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

does clark just hang behind the 3 point line all game? i rather stab my eyes with needles than watch any type of women's basketball, but i can't see that flying in the WNBA. seems like 60% of her shots are from behind the arc. curious to see what happens when "pro" guards are in her grill 25 feet out. certainly not going to be chucking 15, 16, 17 3's per game.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    does clark just hang behind the 3 point line all game? i rather stab my eyes with needles than watch any type of women's basketball, but i can't see that flying in the WNBA. seems like 60% of her shots are from behind the arc. curious to see what happens when "pro" guards are in her grill 25 feet out. certainly not going to be chucking 15, 16, 17 3's per game.
    No she’s an amazing passer and gets rebounds and makes defensive plays near the rim too. Her step back three is unguardable. If you watch a full game of her you’ll see how great of a player she is and she’ll excel in the pros. I know it’s easy to get exhausted with any hype machine like hers but she’s the real deal

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

She's got a pretty well developed physique but when she hugged Mya Moore, (her idol) I just said WOW to the size difference. I coached women's AAU 20 years ago and the amazing difference to today is the across the board size and physicality today.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    She's got a pretty well developed physique but when she hugged Mya Moore, (her idol) I just said WOW to the size difference. I coached women's AAU 20 years ago and the amazing difference to today is the across the board size and physicality today.
    The women play with an edge these days.
    I watch all the UConn games, they all dive for the 50/50 balls now, not like 30 years ago when they all pretty much just stood by.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The women play with an edge these days.
    I watch all the UConn games, they all dive for the 50/50 balls now, not like 30 years ago when they all pretty much just stood by.
    20 years ago women's basketball had an old school sensibility to it. The men's game had turned into "it's all about me" and one on one.

dxp

haven't had a chance to watch a game yet, but her stat line doesn't add up with insane amount of hype she gets. 8-19 and 8-22, 6 turnovers in each game so far in the tourney. going back to the previous 4 games, that started with ohio state, it's been similar.

nebraska: 12-29, 7 turnovers
    michigan: 10-19, 6 turnovers
    penn state: 5-19, 6 turnovers
    ohio state: 10-26, 5 turnovers

starting to get tired of hearing about how amazing and mind blowing she is. looked like it was her teammates who held on to the win against west virginia.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7295

haven't had a chance to watch a game yet, but her stat line doesn't add up with insane amount of hype she gets. 8-19 and 8-22, 6 turnovers in each game so far in the tourney. going back to the previous 4 games, that started with ohio state, it's been similar.

nebraska: 12-29, 7 turnovers
    michigan: 10-19, 6 turnovers
    penn state: 5-19, 6 turnovers
    ohio state: 10-26, 5 turnovers

starting to get tired of hearing about how amazing and mind blowing she is. looked like it was her teammates who held on to the win against west virginia.
    Her teammates? They were terrible. They scored 32 points. Clark scored 32 points. They cant catch the ball when Clark passes to them. The center fell down 10 times. Her teammates cant shoot, pass or create. The entire game was pitiful.
    All WVU did was bump, foul and shoot bricks.
    Clark and WVU point guard were the only players that could play.
    The rest of the players played like 55 year men at the YMCA.

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Her teammates? They were terrible. They scored 32 points. Clark scored 32 points. They cant catch the ball when Clark passes to them. The center fell down 10 times. Her teammates cant shoot, pass or create. The entire game was pitiful.
    All WVU did was bump, foul and shoot bricks.
    Clark and WVU point guard were the only players that could play.
    The rest of the players played like 55 year men at the YMCA.
    well, that is women's basketball in general. turnovers galore, bricks, struggling to get 10 points per quarter at times, unathletic, ugly, laughable. as mentioned, i didn't see the game, but the stat lines aren't impressive. clark got 6 free points from the stripe in the last 45 seconds. looks like she was 0-6 from the field when they needed her the most. she was 8-22 with 6 turnovers, the team was 9-25 with 9 turnovers.

juju watkins can jack shots, get to the line and rack up points all the same.. but she's only a freshman. i never hear her name.

texhooper

well, that is women's basketball in general. turnovers galore, bricks, struggling to get 10 points per quarter at times, unathletic, ugly, laughable. as mentioned, i didn't see the game, but the stat lines aren't impressive. clark got 6 free points from the stripe in the last 45 seconds. looks like she was 0-6 from the field when they needed her the most. she was 8-22 with 6 turnovers, the team was 9-25 with 9 turnovers.

juju watkins can jack shots, get to the line and rack up points all the same.. but she's only a freshman. i never hear her name.
    When you reveal yourself as someone who finds a sport “unathletic, ugly, laughable” then proceed to comment on it to the degree that you have, trying to poke holes in it while admitting over and over that you’re not watching the person you’re critiquing the most, that’s just weirdo behavior. Get some help with your unresolved issues my guy. It’s just women’s basketball

Juju Watkins name is all over the place btw. Another reason you shouldn’t even be commenting on this

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    When you reveal yourself as someone who finds a sport “unathletic, ugly, laughable” then proceed to comment on it to the degree that you have, trying to poke holes in it while admitting over and over that you’re not watching the person you’re critiquing the most, that’s just weirdo behavior. Get some help with your unresolved issues my guy. It’s just women’s basketball

Juju Watkins name is all over the place btw. Another reason you shouldn’t even be commenting on this
    i've loosely followed all types of sports for years and years and years. i'm not required to spend half my day, every day watching them. if you don't find women's basketball unathletic and ugly, then more power to you. you are certainly in the minority. nor do i need someone to tell me making a few comments on it is "weirdo" behavior. i'll use my freedom of speech on whatever i want, ok fucko?

personally, i'm tired of seeing clark shoved down my throat as the next coming of jesus christ. she's not the steph curry or next larry bird of women's basketball. maybe they can use their own players and gender for these lame comparisons. i know enough that even people who love her find it hard to watch because of her constant crying and arms in the air from start to finish. when iowa loses, and she scores like 33 on 30 jacked shots with 8 turnovers, i'm sure everyone will be like.. "she carried the team the best she could." and no, i rarely see watkins or bueckers name compared to clark. she dominates the coverage.

texhooper

i've loosely followed all types of sports for years and years and years. i'm not required to spend half my day, every day watching them. if you don't find women's basketball unathletic and ugly, then more power to you. you are certainly in the minority. nor do i need someone to tell me making a few comments on it is "weirdo" behavior. i'll use my freedom of speech on whatever i want, ok fucko?

personally, i'm tired of seeing clark shoved down my throat as the next coming of jesus christ. she's not the steph curry or next larry bird of women's basketball. maybe they can use their own players and gender for these lame comparisons. i know enough that even people who love her find it hard to watch because of her constant crying and arms in the air from start to finish. when iowa loses, and she scores like 33 on 30 jacked shots with 8 turnovers, i'm sure everyone will be like.. "she carried the team the best she could." and no, i rarely see watkins or bueckers name compared to clark. she dominates the coverage.
    “Freedom of speech” are you five years old? look at all the words/“freedom” you’ve used just in this thread alone about a sport you don’t even like. Nothing could convince me that your life doesn’t totally suck

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    “Freedom of speech” are you five years old? look at all the words/“freedom” you’ve used just in this thread alone about a sport you don’t even like. Nothing could convince me that your life doesn’t totally suck
    imagine being so triggered that you have to throw a little tantrum online because a random person on a forum finds women's basketball to be unathletic and ugly. oh no! not everyone agrees caitlin clark is the greatest thing since sliced bread?! impossible!

i rarely look to insult someone, especially online, but i don't think you want to sling shots at an anonymous person when you describe yourself as a "women’s basketball enthusiast." i can't imagine who, or in today's world, what i'm typing to on the other end. just be glad the hawkeyes covered for clark's inability to even hit a shot in the final quarter against a #8 seed. you get to wear your caitlan jersey for at least 1 more game.