ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Sweet 16 is here let's discuss

who do we initially like... well some thoughts

UNC - after the escape vs the refs i think they will turn it into extra motivation and will stay hot from deep

Duke - kids will continue on for coach

Gonzaga... ML...

Purdue ML can be tossed in since no 15 or 14 seed has ever advanced to elite 8

Providence + pts.... Kansas didn't impress me at all

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

East region all set up for Purdue now

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    East region all set up for Purdue now
    I'm loving the Peacocks (+12.5)...they are the tournament darling and I'm pretty sure the crowd will be behind them...shaheen holloway has done a tremendous job with that team...I love the way they play together and are very scrappy on defense...always hustling and contesting shots...I wouldn't be shocked or stunned if they win outright but will gladly take the generous points...

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'm loving the Peacocks (+12.5)...they are the tournament darling and I'm pretty sure the crowd will be behind them...shaheen holloway has done a tremendous job with that team...I love the way they play together and are very scrappy on defense...always hustling and contesting shots...I wouldn't be shocked or stunned if they win outright but will gladly take the generous points...
    I would not lay 12' either. I just do not see them beating Purdue S/U. Ivey took over and closed out Texas, St Pete's does not have a closer like him
    The game I will be very interested in is Tx Tech/Duke. Red Raiders -1, cannot wait to see how they call that game with all the "sentimental" CoachK stuff

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I would not lay 12' either. I just do not see them beating Purdue S/U. Ivey took over and closed out Texas, St Pete's does not have a closer like him
    The game I will be very interested in is Tx Tech/Duke. Red Raiders -1, cannot wait to see how they call that game with all the "sentimental" CoachK stuff
    1 more win for coach K will get him to 100... and you get them at +1?

i hate Duke and all but.... DAMN

u saw how they responded down 5 to MSU

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

My early leans with some quick footnotes:

St.Peters (+12.5)...Again, this team is getting 0 respect!...way too many points for a team of this caliber and if they continue to play the way they did against Kentucky and Murray ST, it's adios Boilermakers.

Providence (+7.5)...what does Vegas know that we don't?...line seems very generous if you like the Friars...they are just as good as any team in the country...they can shoot, score, and defend...they still don't get the respect they deserve...fine by me...we are laughing all the way to the bank.

Arkansas (+8.5)...Yes, I know it's Gonzaga...but truth be told, the Zags were very fortunate to escape with a "W" against Memphis after trailing by 10...Arkansas beat two mid majors that were underseeded and could have easily beat several teams from each of the major conferences...Vermont and New Mexico ST...Arkansas is very similar to Memphis with their athleticism...I think the Hogs can hang with them and/or at least cover the spread.

UCLA (-2) vs. UNC...Carolina shot their wad this weekend...the Bruins, very quietly and methodically are finally playing at last years championship run level...they had injuries to deal with but have really come together as a cohesive unit in the last month or so.

Miami, Fla (-1) vs. Iowa ST...Jim Larranaga is an outstanding coach and has damn good and complete Hurricane team...another team that got real hot towards the end and is more than capable of making a deep run in the tournament.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    1 more win for coach K will get him to 100... and you get them at +1?

i hate Duke and all but.... DAMN

u saw how they responded down 5 to MSU
    Yeah that's surprising Duke is the dog but to be honest with you I had them losing to Texas Tech before the tourney started. After watching the games thus far though I wonder if Tech has enough offense to pull it off. I don't think they can hold Duke below 70 even though their defense is elite and considered the best in the country according to KenPom. If they are able to get this game played in the 50's or 60's then I can see them winning the game but that's a tall task.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Purdue has had defensive issues all season - I'll happily take the 12+ w St Pete!
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Art Vandelay 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

stake1

Houston +2
    If Tcu had better guard play, with multiple options to spread the defense? Their domination of the glass would have just supplemented an easy win
    Cougs have that with more. They also have the more experienced head coach. They will cause even more problems for Az on the boards. And with kriisa Kerr Steve not able to hit water if he fell out of a boat? They can clamp the middle

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Houston +2
    If Tcu had better guard play, with multiple options to spread the defense? Their domination of the glass would have just supplemented an easy win
    Cougs have that with more. They also have the more experienced head coach. They will cause even more problems for Az on the boards. And with kriisa Kerr Steve not able to hit water if he fell out of a boat? They can clamp the middle
    Sampson with 4+ days to prep - He was masterful today vs the Illini and Kofi !

coop-dog
    coop-dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4674

kansas is going to win

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Good insights men.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

might have to roll with Miami here

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Gonzaga

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19297

I was impressed with the interior defense of Kansas. Just looked at the box score and expected to see 15 blacks but there was 7.

Guess will have to did deeper into Creighton’s shot chart.

But, I think Kansas will dominate Providence in the paint.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    might have to roll with Miami here

I think Miami FL is my fav play. I had Auburn in my parlays, but Miamis guards were just too good. Wisconsin's point guard got hurt and they can't shoot....basically Iowa State didn't do anything remarkable.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I think Miami FL is my fav play. I had Auburn in my parlays, but Miamis guards were just too good. Wisconsin's point guard got hurt and they can't shoot....basically Iowa State didn't do anything remarkable.
    Can’t believe how badly Auburn played. Especially Smith, what a breakdown for him. 3-for-16 shooting

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

NC to beat Duke
    Kansas to beat Arizona

Kansas to beat NC

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

I would take a shot with Purdue to win its regional if they were in any other region. Texas was a good test for them.

Right now, I think UCLA is the best team left in the entire tournament.

UCLA -2
    Houston +2.

I was already ready to ride Notre Dame to beat Duke, then they collapsed in the final 2 minutes with a lot of bad calls from the refs. Still, if they rebounded better they would have won.

Duke +1 seems too easy? The Texas Tech coach was an administrative assistant 8 years ago and now he's going to be the one to send K packing? Maybe, if his team is that much better. Might play Duke small and root against them anyways. Those Tracy Wolfson interviews with Coach K are cringeworthy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Already took Providence+7.5/+290

Leans

Duke
    Houston
    UCLA
    Arkansas
    Nova

Doublethink
    Doublethink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1446

St. Peter's says as a team they did not come to lose. I'm sorry as a grad there I have to be partial. Coach Holloway is doing a great job and right now is projected to take over the vacant job now at Seton Hall. I know I laughed at them getting in as ranked #153 in NCAA polls but you know on any given day...And yeah they should have some kind of advantage playing in Philly.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    NC to beat Duke
    Kansas to beat Arizona

Kansas to beat NC
    Good lord I live here in the triangle and if those two met people would jump off buildings on the loser of that.Totally neutral for both and just like to watch the angst..But would be amazing atmosphere.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by Doublethink View Post
    St. Peter's says as a team they did not come to lose. I'm sorry as a grad there I have to be partial. Coach Holloway is doing a great job and right now is projected to take over the vacant job now at Seton Hall. I know I laughed at them getting in as ranked #153 in NCAA polls but you know on any given day...And yeah they should have some kind of advantage playing in Philly.
    That advantage didn’t help Wisconsin.

So not so sure About that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Moron your no authority on this

I would think your a better spectator and let the big boys cape

MORON CALL ME

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Moron your no authority on this

I would think your a better spectator and let the big boys cape

MORON CALL ME
    shut up someone had to make this thread to get people discussing the tournament

i've backed off of UNC vs UCLA

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Sampson with 4+ days to prep - He was masterful today vs the Illini and Kofi !
    He beat the crap out of Az. wire-to-wire. He has an unbelievably tough team, and what he has done this season? National Coach of the year