DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Is it worth to use teaser?

What do you think if I use 3 team teaser of 7.5 pts?
    WV +1.5
    Okl +21.5
    Utah -7.5
    $100-> payout = $175.
    I really want to learn this stuff.
    Thanks for your input!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

depends on the game and also the lines- you gotta cap the game yourself- if you think a team should be 15 point favorites, they are 5 point favorites and you can get 7 more points in addition to the 10 you already got naturally, thats the type of game a teaser is good for- its just extra cushion. with these 3 games you've selected, although it can win- i can see any of these adjusted picks losing

georgetown is a good squad and now youre only getting 2 points against them...west virginia has squeaked out a lotta comebacks recently and fallen short of others- g-town can win this game straight up but i doubt im touching it at all.

then you want utah to cover 8 points on the road against a young, athletic team- they just lost to the kings and were getting blown out by the blazers just last week. i think you should use teasers to make plays easy, not to make a parlay slightly safer.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNite View Post
    What do you think if I use 3 team teaser of 7.5 pts?
    WV +1.5
    Okl +21.5
    Utah -7.5
    $100-> payout = $175.
    I really want to learn this stuff.
    Thanks for your input!

Most people are probably going to tell you to stay away from them.

I occasionally play them, but I like doing 2 team teasers in the same game. Say Vandy is a 6pt dog at Tennessee and the total is 144 I may tease Vandy to +12 and under 150.

I prefer that to spreading it over multiple games, but that is just my personal preference. Play around and find what works best for you.

I wouldn't make a habit of playing them too much unless you end up doing really well with them.

good luck

branch0095
    branch0095's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    depends on the game and also the lines- you gotta cap the game yourself- if you think a team should be 15 point favorites, they are 5 point favorites and you can get 7 more points in addition to the 10 you already got naturally, thats the type of game a teaser is good for- its just extra cushion. with these 3 games you've selected, although it can win- i can see any of these adjusted picks losing

georgetown is a good squad and now youre only getting 2 points against them...west virginia has squeaked out a lotta comebacks recently and fallen short of others- g-town can win this game straight up but i doubt im touching it at all.

then you want utah to cover 8 points on the road against a young, athletic team- they just lost to the kings and were getting blown out by the blazers just last week. i think you should use teasers to make plays easy, not to make a parlay slightly safer.

I beleive hes taking Utah State in his parlay. It looks as if hes buying 7pts and Utah St is a 14.5 pt favorite at home against Fresno State. The Jazz are a 6pt raod favorite tonight. Either way I agree with you here. Utah State went on the road and couldnt cover against Hawaii. I will say that Utah St. is a pretty dominant team at home though,

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Thank you, guys. Now I see the light.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

teasers in the NFL can offer good value, in basketball they do not and unless you are lucky long term they are losing bets. you pay too much for points that are too easy to come by and there are no real dead numbers in hoops. example: 6 points in the NFL at -110 (two teams) are much more valuable than say 5 points (two teams) at the same odds in basketball. you certainly need to be more selective. good luck!

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

One of my most profitable plays this season has been a 3-team, 8 point teaser at -120. It is a case where my brain tells me it is a losing proposition to rely on 3 teams, especially at such horrible odds. I just played them on occasion then noticed I was hitting 70% so I've been making regular use of them since (2 or 3 plays a day). I know in my mind that it is a sucker bet and eventually the tide will turn, I'm just letting you know that in the right situations teasers can occasionally work. Give them a shot with some very plays (or just track what you would have bet but don't actually lay any cash) and see how you do with them. My only piece of advice is that it is usually better to add points to the dog than to drop the line of the favorite.