gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

st bonaventure lost because the crowd stormed the court?

seems to be the case although i couldn't find a good story. i lost the place i first saw it too.

stb hits a 3 pointer with .4 seconds left to go up by 1. bench swarms court. player tells people to get off court. but then crowd storms onto court. clock seems to show no time left - not sure. anyway, technical foul on stb. opponent hits it, tie game. STB loses in OT

i've wondered about this in CBB or CFB in the past.... i guess CBB is different though as opponent had right to in-bound the ball promptly and was unable to do so...... do they call this consistently? it was also unclear to me how much time was left. at one point, it seemed like 0.4 seconds. but then absolute zero.

very strange...... anyone have color? reminds me of early 90s when oklahoma's chuck-wagon drew a delay of game penalty that might have cost them national championship in orange bowl vs. washington.

gojetsgomoxies

looks like there was 0.4 seconds left on stopped clock after 3 pointer. and then somehow in next 20 seconds, clock started and went to zero.. but team bench had for sure rushed the court and i think also the crowd before the clock mysteriously went to zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktuVmh0hxY

gojetsgomoxies

ok, so it looks like - not sure - the crowd didn't storm court until clock inexplicably went to zero... coach doesn't blame refs or crowd. he said maybe security should be looked at - i'd also add timekeeper.

but i think there was massive problem with STB bench players storming the court after 3 point shot with 0.4 seconds left... i hold bench players to much much higher standard than the crowd.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    looks like there was 0.4 seconds left on stopped clock after 3 pointer. and then somehow in next 20 seconds, clock started and went to zero.. but team bench had for sure rushed the court and i think also the crowd before the clock mysteriously went to zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktuVmh0hxY
    As posted in another thread...vcu attempted to inbound ball with .4 seconds after the shot with fans on court. The clock went to zero at that point. The fans on the court while vcu was inbounding ball is reason for technical.

The inbound attempt didnt occur for about 8 seconds after the shot went in amd then vcu players realized there was time left...at which point fans were all over the court
    Last edited by Memento; 02-05-17 at 03:14 PM.