Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Ole Miss Faces Charges Of Rules Violations

The NCAA has charged Ole Miss with rules violations in football, women's basketball, and track and field, sources told ESPN, confirming a media report.

Sources told Yahoo! Sports, which first reported the NCAA charges, that the school is facing about 30 violations, though an Ole Miss source disputed that number to ESPN's Edward Aschoff.

Many of the allegations are either not connected to the football team or predate coach Hugh Freeze's arrival, happening during the tenure of Houston Nutt (2008-11), sources told ESPN. Sources said newer allegations regarding the football team center on left tackle Laremy Tunsil, who was investigated during the 2015 season for receiving improper benefits and missed seven games.

"This is a fraction involving our current football staff," a source told ESPN.com. "Some of those things we've already self-imposed some penalties around and already dealt with. This just happens to be part of a broader process."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ee-sports-ncaa

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The 30 for 30 on ole miss getting the death penalty should be interesting

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin'!!!!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Oh boy

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin'!!!!
    I really hate that saying. Hear it a lot in NASCAR racing.

It's said so much I think kids must start to believe it's a good excuse to cheat at everything in life.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The NCAA has charged Ole Miss with rules violations in football, women's basketball, and track and field, sources told ESPN, confirming a media report.

Sources told Yahoo! Sports, which first reported the NCAA charges, that the school is facing about 30 violations, though an Ole Miss source disputed that number to ESPN's Edward Aschoff.

Many of the allegations are either not connected to the football team or predate coach Hugh Freeze's arrival, happening during the tenure of Houston Nutt (2008-11), sources told ESPN. Sources said newer allegations regarding the football team center on left tackle Laremy Tunsil, who was investigated during the 2015 season for receiving improper benefits and missed seven games.

"This is a fraction involving our current football staff," a source told ESPN.com. "Some of those things we've already self-imposed some penalties around and already dealt with. This just happens to be part of a broader process."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ee-sports-ncaa
    Who got hurt by Ole Miss doing these things? No one. This investigation garbage.

Pay these kids their money and stop with these witch-hunts. Stop pretending like these guys are students. They are paid workers of a university.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I really hate that saying. Hear it a lot in NASCAR racing.

It's said so much I think kids must start to believe it's a good excuse to cheat at everything in life.
    With the younger generation the saying should go "you have to try, even when cheating".

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    With the younger generation the saying should go "you have to try, even when cheating".
    You don't even have to try, just show up and you'll get a participation trophy.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You don't even have to try, just show up and you'll get a participation trophy.
    Exactly, I actually was going to add the participation trophy part in but I figured everyone got the jist of what I was saying.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Exactly, I actually was going to add the participation trophy part in but I figured everyone got the jist of what I was saying.
    Forgive me, it's been a long. crappy day.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

if you cheat at anything your only cheating yourself

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Gen Z's attitude is "don't try, just cheat."