Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Memphis vs Cincinnati

This seems like a coin flip type game. I could see Memphis winning this game. 7.5 points seems way to high. Thoughts?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Seems like a close one that cincy wins by 5. Memphis can match physical intensity and rebounding....

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i tried figuring this game out, obviously they could win but i dont think they have very good shot. losing to temple twice a little puzzling but outside of that cincy only lost to really quality teams i think far superior to mem who has played a pathetic schedule while losing to every solid team they have faced. only 2 road games in the midst of that schedule as well (both losses)..

it really gonna come down to tempo whether or not mem stays in the game spread wise imo, if cincy slows them down into a half court game it gonna be such a struggle for tigers to score. mem relies on transition and getting to the charity stripe so heavily. bearcats play really good defense w/o fouling much, if they can keep from turning it over a ton id expect this game to mostly be played to a pace their liking. cin should get more second chance points and would think they also knock down more shots.

way i see it for most part cincy dictates tempo and gets out to leads then mem will have spurts where they get out in transition off turnovers and most likely beating cincy back when they crashing the offensive glass. timing of those ebbs and flows will decide who covers and seems like a hard thing to determine. gun to my head i lean laying the points with the home team but not a play im likely to make.

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

Memphis fan here. As long as Josh Pastner is our Coach, then take our opposition to win in any big game we have! That's been the trend for Pastner's tenure. Recruited and landed top ten recruiting classes multiple times, but can't coach his way out of a wet, cardboard box. Take Cincy BIG

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp1 View Post
    Memphis fan here. As long as Josh Pastner is our Coach, then take our opposition to win in any big game we have! That's been the trend for Pastner's tenure. Recruited and landed top ten recruiting classes multiple times, but can't coach his way out of a wet, cardboard box. Take Cincy BIG
    This isn't a pickem contest, it's betting ATS. Memphis has covered most of their spreads this season as dogs, while cincy has failed to beat any decent team by more than 6.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 215

I think the best bet on this game is the under. Both teams not very good shooting teams and both play good defense so it should be hard to score in the half court. I see this game in the low 60s if not a 59-64 type game. The only thing that worries me on that is if the refs end up taking over the game with calling a foul on every possession but I like it to end up under 137.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    This isn't a pickem contest, it's betting ATS. Memphis has covered most of their spreads this season as dogs, while cincy has failed to beat any decent team by more than 6.
    houston by 11 and beat tulsa by damn near 20, both of who i think are at least as good as the tigers.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3175

Bearcats roll imo

Expecting Memphis to have big time trouble scoring

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Bearcats roll imo

Expecting Memphis to have big time trouble scoring
    kinda the way i see it too, especially considering how little cincy fouls while playing great d. mem gets a higher percentage of their points from the charity stripe than any team in the ncaa, maybe they some top notch foul drawers but they have also played 323rd or some shit strength of schedule so im gonna go out on a limb and assume a lot of shitty teams couldnt deal with their bigs and fouled them a lot.. i do think number about right just cause when these 2 play there do tend to be spurts mem gets out and running off rebounds and turnovers, then cincy slows it back down and takes adv of being better shot makers and getting more second chance points. really think at end of game it be right around 7-10 and both sides be biting their nails how the last few possessions shake out.