DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

If KU wins I win big from a pre tourny +500 bet but I just can't bet against UConn right now.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Love/respect Shabazz and his crew, but this is men among boys. Now if you want to play the "experience" angle, I suppose I could see that, but like this Wisconsin game, Kentucky is going to be the most talented team on the court by a mile. Randle should have a field day for the Wildcats.
    and Florida wasn't men???? Randle won't be 100% in that game his ankle is going to swell tonight and they probably won't have him stand on it till gametime.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

UConn probably has more playmakers than Wisconsin but I don't think they are as efficient or poised... that Wisconsin team played with more poise and restraint than any team I have seen. UConn has players that can win them this game but at the same time if things don't work out for them early I can see them getting rattled and run out of the building. I think UConn's only chance is to get out early and then hold on for a win. If they fall behind its over for them

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by DALLASROB View Post
    If KU wins I win big from a pre tourny +500 bet but I just can't bet against UConn right now.
    Not +5000???

That's what I have.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    UConn probably has more playmakers than Wisconsin but I don't think they are as efficient or poised... that Wisconsin team played with more poise and restraint than any team I have seen. UConn has players that can win them this game but at the same time if things don't work out for them early I can see them getting rattled and run out of the building. I think UConn's only chance is to get out early and then hold on for a win. If they fall behind its over for them
    they scored 4 points in the first 10 minutes today and won, this is the dumbest thing i have read all day

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    they scored 4 points in the first 10 minutes today and won, this is the dumbest thing i have read all day
    Not really. Kentucky a much different team than Florida. They have an offense, so if u get behind to them, it's a lot harder to come back than to Florida who can go on scoring droughts

DALLASROB

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not +5000???

That's what I have.
    I actually got +1750... drinking and typing +5000... Lucky fuuck

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    Not really. Kentucky a much different team than Florida. They have an offense, so if u get behind to them, it's a lot harder to come back than to Florida who can go on scoring droughts
    Exactly, Kentucky has demoralized each team it has played in the tournament with their offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points. How many and-ones has Kentucky gotten off of offensive rebounds and putbacks this tournament? A lot. Nothing is more demoralizing than playing solid defense for a possession, forcing a bad shot and the opponent rebounding the ball and putting it back in anyway. Florida not the offensive rebounding machine Kentucky is

bob6199

every team can go on runs, Wisky made a big run against UK and UK made a run, it's stupid to think that UCONN has no poise when they were down by 12 against the NUMBER 1 SEED and then were up by 5 at HALF that is where the stupidness comes in

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

Don't overthink this. You can get uconn plus odds now and will be able to get Kentucky plus odds live at some point in first half. Max bet both and enjoy game knowing you are up money at end of game.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Exactly, Kentucky has demoralized each team it has played in the tournament with their offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points. How many and-ones has Kentucky gotten off of offensive rebounds and putbacks this tournament? A lot. Nothing is more demoralizing than playing solid defense for a possession, forcing a bad shot and the opponent rebounding the ball and putting it back in anyway. Florida not the offensive rebounding machine Kentucky is
    Florida did that SAME thing today, killed them on the glass and guess what UCONN still pushed though it, its the NC you think that if UK goes up 30-19 with 5 minutes left in the half UCONN is just going to go well damn i guess we should stop playing, no it's a stupid comment to make. Sure Kentucky will probably out rebound them, but to think it will mean UCONN will stop trying and have no poise is a stupid thing to say.

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

For the people saying uconn is mentally weak you folks are just plain stupid. You obviously have not been paying attention the last few months.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by thetitanlb View Post
    For the people saying uconn is mentally weak you folks are just plain stupid. You obviously have not been paying attention the last few months.
    ding ding, thank you.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

uconn wins. easy. dont think twice

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    uconn wins. easy. dont think twice
    already seeing UK wins easy and UCONN wins easy, it will be a close game that will heavenly dependent on if Randle's ankle swells...

thetitanlb

ding ding, thank you.
    Yup, these kids were down to st joes. They were down to michigan state. They also were getting owned at the beginning of that florida game. But somehow they won these games. Not sure how they could be mentally weak?lol

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

every team can go on runs, Wisky made a big run against UK and UK made a run, it's stupid to think that UCONN has no poise when they were down by 12 against the NUMBER 1 SEED and then were up by 5 at HALF that is where the stupidness comes in
    Im just saying its a lot harder to come back down 10 to Kentucky than to Florida, Kentucky doesn't have scoring droughts

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

UConn's already got my money at two books, not stepping in front of them, Im just hoping Ollie isnt as stupid as every coach in the tourney has been against UK. No way he lets them have their way in the paint, youre gonna have to hit jumpers on Monday to beat UCONN and UK wont do that enough over the course of the game.

thetitanlb

Im just saying its a lot harder to come back down 10 to Kentucky than to Florida, Kentucky doesn't have scoring droughts
    I really dont agree with this. But that is your opinion lol

bob6199

fair enough comment, but this game should be close..

thetitanlb

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    UConn's already got my money at two books, not stepping in front of them, Im just hoping Ollie isnt as stupid as every coach in the tourney has been against UK. No way he lets them have their way in the paint, youre gonna have to hit jumpers on Monday to beat UCONN and UK wont do that enough over the course of the game.
    Its not like kentucky will ever take jumpers anyways. There offense is to drive into the defense no matter what and throw themselves into defenders and hope for the foul call or the offensive rebound. Callipari actually coaches his team to do this. Wisconsin ran the backline defense where you clog the paint and let the team take jumpers.

jtoler

Its not like kentucky will ever take jumpers anyways. There offense is to drive into the defense no matter what and throw themselves into defenders and hope for the foul call or the offensive rebound. Callipari actually coaches his team to do this. Wisconsin ran the backline defense where you clog the paint and let the team take jumpers.
    You cant do that against a 2-3, 1-3-1, whatever zone. It wont work thats what zones are for, doubt Ollie would do it even for one second but he aint allowing them to score at will in the paint I just know that. Ive seen what Calipari does against certain defenses all the way back to win they ran their drive and kick offense when he coached Rose at Memphis, he's never dont anything complicated on offense, doesnt need to and doesnt want to when he's coaching freshman who's more 95% of the time more talented than the opponent.

thetitanlb

You cant do that against a 2-3, 1-3-1, whatever zone. It wont work thats what zones are for, doubt Ollie would do it even for one second but he aint allowing them to score at will in the paint I just know that. Ive seen what Calipari does against certain defenses all the way back to win they ran their drive and kick offense when he coached Rose at Memphis, he's never dont anything complicated on offense, doesnt need to and doesnt want to when he's coaching freshman who's more 95% of the time more talented than the opponent.
    The zone almost feeds into kentucky best assets though. Running a zone makes getting defensive rebounds difficult. Thus you are playing into Kentucky's strengh of offensive rebounds.

thetitanlb

I still think uconn will win this last game. Just saying its not as easy as you think to stop Kentucky from doing what they want lol

jtoler

The zone almost feeds into kentucky best assets though. Running a zone makes getting defensive rebounds difficult. Thus you are playing into Kentucky's strengh of offensive rebounds.
    How does being in a zone make defensive rebounds difficult, its makes it easier to get defensive rebounds, cant believe you just said that. Take UK if you want Ive already made my bets and will probably add to it.

thetitanlb

How does being in a zone make defensive rebounds difficult, its makes it easier to get defensive rebounds, cant believe you just said that. Take UK if you want Ive already made my bets and will probably add to it.
    I am actually going to bet on uconn. But this statement shows that you obviously have not played on an organized basketball team or you are just plain ignorant. Ask anyone who has a knowledge of basketball. They will tell you that defensive rebounding is the weakness of running the 2-3 zone or any zone really.

thetitanlb

Rebounding while playing man defense is easier because you have box out responsibilities. When you play a zone it is very difficult to pick up which player to box out because you do not have man responsibilities. Thus meaning you will be having offensive players running to the backboards freely at times because there will not be a player there to box him out.

bob6199

http://www.breakthroughbasketball.co...ebounding.html

he's right

jtoler

I am actually going to bet on uconn. But this statement shows that you obviously have not played on an organized basketball team or you are just plain ignorant. Ask anyone who has a knowledge of basketball. They will tell you that defensive rebounding is the weakness of running the 2-3 zone or any zone really.
    I played organized basketball for 8 years whenever we were in a zone we rebounded best, ran triangle box out methods, especially in high school with a rebounder on the weak side. But nice of you to tell me that I have no clue what Im talking about, if youre coached right and implement it right its not a weakness.

jtoler

But if you want to play UK straight up as every coach in the tourney has then be my pleasure, it hasnt worked, it only allows them to hang around, Id rather force them to think, they are freshman, they dont run anything special, Id forch them to shoot outside of the paint, anywhere but the paint, lets see them win that way, they wont if you have a decent team.

DALLASROB

Down to -2... could be pick em by tip off

thetitanlb

But if you want to play UK straight up as every coach in the tourney has then be my pleasure, it hasnt worked, it only allows them to hang around, Id rather force them to think, they are freshman, they dont run anything special, Id forch them to shoot outside of the paint, anywhere but the paint, lets see them win that way, they wont if you have a decent team.
    Then i guess you are smarter and should be the coach for Michigan and Wisconsin. Im sorry but i cant stand people on message boards who think they know it all. Belein and bo ryan are smarter and better basketball minds than any of us on these boards. If zone was a smart option don't you think they would have used it? Just because you think the zone helped your team rebound better for you team then good for you. But most people would 100% disagree with you.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

get real.

jtoler

Then i guess you are smarter and should be the coach for Michigan and Wisconsin. Im sorry but i cant stand people on message boards who think they know it all. Belein and bo ryan are smarter and better basketball minds than any of us on these boards. If zone was a smart option don't you think they would have used it? Just because you think the zone helped your team rebound better for you team then good for you. But most people would 100% disagree with you.
    Interesting considering Michgan did play some zone against UK and that defense led to some blocks and fast break points, they used it dependent on Morgan being in foul trouble, UK has faced the zone more than any team in the country for a a reason, because they thrive in one on one matchups. They are gonna hang around long enough to eek out a victory that way and continue to show it, Ollie I think can handle them though.

bob6199

if Randle's ankle does swell and get worse it will jump to at least -1, -1.5

First 123 Last