grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    Teasing Michigan UP would be the better move. You lost several points of value by teasing across 0.

I never tease basketball, but tourney lines are sharp as hell and I am up big in this tourney playing nothing but teasers, and ml dogs. On teasers I just pick the team I like and tease it no matter the line and have won many that didn't cover the actual spread.

I understand the rule as it applies to football where key numbers exist, but still think it is a somewhat mythical theory that doesn't have as much value as is stated by so many.

Either way, in specific terms, please explain how you lose value by crossing zero in college hoops?

OneDayOneDollar
    OneDayOneDollar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

yup

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I never tease basketball, but tourney lines are sharp as hell and I am up big in this tourney playing nothing but teasers, and ml dogs. On teasers I just pick the team I like and tease it no matter the line and have won many that didn't cover the actual spread.

I understand the rule as it applies to football where key numbers exist, but still think it is a somewhat mythical theory that doesn't have as much value as is stated by so many.

Either way, in specific terms, please explain how you lose value by crossing zero in college hoops?
    You lose 1 point at zero since the game can't end in a tie

OneDayOneDollar
    OneDayOneDollar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Keep doing you

I gotta say, i've been following your posts for only the past week.. But i know that you know what you're doing just cause you take teams like orlando and cavaliers (who i love today)... and don't just post a bunch of dominant favorite trying to sound like you're a genius for picking a clearly better team... I bet similar to you, take the unexpected picks that the bookies have while all the suckers are on the obvious picks... For example last night i took 76ers money line first half and whole game... Pistons -5.5 too low, sixes haven't been within 10 of any game .. keep up the good work, i usually choose my picks and look at yours after and they're usually spot on.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    You lose 1 point at zero since the game can't end in a tie

Yea I guess you can look at it that way, but the guy said "several" points. Lol

Skin24
    Skin24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayOneDollar View Post
    I gotta say, i've been following your posts for only the past week.. But i know that you know what you're doing just cause you take teams like orlando and cavaliers (who i love today)... and don't just post a bunch of dominant favorite trying to sound like you're a genius for picking a clearly better team... I bet similar to you, take the unexpected picks that the bookies have while all the suckers are on the obvious picks... For example last night i took 76ers money line first half and whole game... Pistons -5.5 too low, sixes haven't been within 10 of any game .. keep up the good work, i usually choose my picks and look at yours after and they're usually spot on.

Cool and great call on 76ers. I had them ML on my just for fun Parlay but didn't cash. Love the Magic today in the NBA great Value in the line.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Skin24. Convinced will lay the 2 on Kentucky. Luck to us!

Skin24

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    Skin24. Convinced will lay the 2 on Kentucky. Luck to us!
    Thank goodness the horse has taken a drink!!!!!! Now books are going to get a beat down!!!!!!!

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

YUP!!!!!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Go Blue...Big.

Skin24

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Go Blue...Big.
    How much you going to lose today!!!! I posted my two of my tickets. You talk a lot of smack but don't back it up. How much you lose on Florida and Arizona?

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Skin what's your take on conn vs mi state ? Normally don't do parlays but thinking of taking conn and Kentucky. Talk to me buddy

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Skin24 View Post
    How much you going to lose today!!!! I posted my two of my tickets. You talk a lot of smack but don't back it up. How much you lose on Florida and Arizona?
    $100 I think, wasnt feeling either game yesterday and should have stayed away. 7 for 8 before yesterday. Do you have any reasons for taking UK.
    Just messing with u on the big part havent made a bet prob just be a bill on Mich. 2.5.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-30-14 at 12:18 PM.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

Smart money mangement is doing Parlay's when games at different times so you don't have to lay huge money to win. I will gladly let my $2400 ride for the win. Only risking $450.

Stick to your $20 bets and I see your a loser betting teasers. No way does anyone win long term betting teasers anyone that has common since will tell you that my $8 million dollar man!!!!!!! Good luck anyway will not call you a name today because its Sunday. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!
    Ummm, there's so many things wrong w this statement it's laughable. I think the best is you calling the guy a loser for betting teasers when you're making huge parlay bets (or so you say, posting one's bet ticket does nothing because it could easily be edited and fake). Parlays are huge long term losers as well. Pretty sure the fact you aren't hedging shows you're either an idiot or just a degenerate, and that's regardless of the outcome of today's game.

Skin24

$100 I think, wasnt feeling either game yesterday and should have stayed away. 7 for 8 before yesterday, approx. 8k all sports last 11days. Do you have any reasons for taking UK.
    Just messing with u on the big part havent made a bet prob just be a bill on Mich. 2.5.
    Yeah Kentucky will defend the 3 point shot and I believe their athleticism and talent will overwhelm this overrated Michigan team. Glad your making money and no worries on messing with me I'm used to it on this site. LOL

Skin24

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    Ummm, there's so many things wrong w this statement it's laughable. I think the best is you calling the guy a loser for betting teasers when you're making huge parlay bets (or so you say, posting one's bet ticket does nothing because it could easily be edited and fake). Parlays are huge long term losers as well. Pretty sure the fact you aren't hedging shows you're either an idiot or just a degenerate, and that's regardless of the outcome of today's game.
    I have one over $17K since I have been on SBR. Go back and look at some of my tickets. Most heavy tickets are straight bets but if I'm not strong on some games I will tie in with parlay. Hey take Michigan I beg you!!!!!!!!!

Skin24

I have had a request to keep track of the units I have won. I have a problem with most who do this. I posted the below for a example in another thread. Hey I'm not trying to bash this guy and he is not the only one that does it. I want a true real world system to keep track for the folks who do tail to have real world results of handicappers who are serious on this site. See below:

Ok I have a question on your units won. I'm not trying to start a fight or prove a point just saw someone the other day complaining about accurate records not being kept.

I notice when you win or lose you deduct the same amount of units. Doing this is not a accurate way of keeping track in the real world.

For example bet 20 units money line on Iowa State. Lost the bet but only deducted 20 units. Now the ML at my book was -140 Iowa State. So if I wanted to win $2000 dollars I would have had to lay $2400. With a lose I would be down $2400 but with a win I would be up $2000. I'm not wanting to start a fight with you today I just wanted to point out to you again your way of keeping track is flawed.

Also I will say you have been winning way more then losing. I just wish you and others would come up with a real tracking system. Maybe would should do the SBR account. I don't know how it works but that keeps track of the Vig and the huge lines in a favorite Money Line bet that loses as in this case. I welcome you and others thoughts.

jtoler

Just locked in Mich 1st half for a bill. If I like what I see and decide to play Mich 2nd half you might wanna concede or lose that entire "2400".

Skin24

Just locked in Mich 1st half for a bill. If I like what I see and decide to play Mich 2nd half you might wanna concede or lose that entire "2400".
    Ha ha I see a Kentucky blow out. NO ONE HAS A BETTER FEEL FOR THESE GAMES NO ONE!!!!!!

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Already locked in on KU, MSU

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Yea I guess you can look at it that way, but the guy said "several" points. Lol
    Do ties win in your teaser? If not, KY +2 is a loss as well. Where as if you tease Michigan UP 2,3,4,5,6,7 are all options to win. And the only reason you tease UK down is you are confident they win yet if they don't you only have UK +1 to save your teaser. And if they do win you put more money at risk than necessary on a low line.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I have had a request to keep track of the units I have won. I have a problem with most who do this. I posted the below for a example in another thread. Hey I'm not trying to bash this guy and he is not the only one that does it. I want a true real world system to keep track for the folks who do tail to have real world results of handicappers who are serious on this site. See below:

Ok I have a question on your units won. I'm not trying to start a fight or prove a point just saw someone the other day complaining about accurate records not being kept.

I notice when you win or lose you deduct the same amount of units. Doing this is not a accurate way of keeping track in the real world.

For example bet 20 units money line on Iowa State. Lost the bet but only deducted 20 units. Now the ML at my book was -140 Iowa State. So if I wanted to win $2000 dollars I would have had to lay $2400. With a lose I would be down $2400 but with a win I would be up $2000. I'm not wanting to start a fight with you today I just wanted to point out to you again your way of keeping track is flawed.

Also I will say you have been winning way more then losing. I just wish you and others would come up with a real tracking system. Maybe would should do the SBR account. I don't know how it works but that keeps track of the Vig and the huge lines in a favorite Money Line bet that loses as in this case. I welcome you and others thoughts.
    Just because you have poor reading comprehension skills and math skills does not mean I have "cheated" my units calculations.

You truly are a sad sack of horse shit. Trying to discredit someone all over the forum when you are truly wrong. Do due diligence, please. Then shove my units up your fat ass.

You piece of shit, lame, bitch.

Skin24

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Just because you have poor reading comprehension skills and math skills does not mean I have "cheated" my units calculations.

You truly are a sad sack of horse shit. Trying to discredit someone all over the forum when you are truly wrong. Do due diligence, please. Then shove my units up your fat ass.

You piece of shit, lame, bitch.
    I did not mention you in my post but hey if the shoe fits so be it TPork12. I challenge anyone to go back and look how you calculate your units. No way are you way up laying -140 on ML games and losing. NO WAY!!!!!!

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

If you added up all of your "just for fun" losses in a season, you might be surprised what you piss away. Treat it like a business and you will make money like a business.......not that hard of a concept to grasp.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I did not mention you in my post but hey if the shoe fits so be it TPork12. I challenge anyone to go back and look how you calculate your units. No way are you way up laying -140 on ML games and losing. NO WAY!!!!!!
    Lol fuxkin loser.
    You are so dumb its frightening.

Please, someone go back and read all my posts on my thread and calculate my units.

Then shut this sad sack of shit up.

Skin24

Lol fuxkin loser.
    You are so dumb its frightening.

Please, someone go back and read all my posts on my thread and calculate my units.

Then shut this sad sack of shit up.
    I already pointed out one and I know betting ML units on favorites straight bets you will lose in long run. Just want a true picture of winnings for everyone.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I already pointed out one and I know betting ML units on favorites straight bets you will lose in long run. Just want a true picture of winnings for everyone.
    Youre retarded.
    Lol
    I bet 20 on that, and lost. So I subtracted 20 units? What is so damn hard to understand?

Youre pretty dumb for an ex business owner.

Skin24

Youre retarded.
    Lol
    I bet 20 on that, and lost. So I subtracted 20 units? What is so damn hard to understand?

Youre pretty dumb for an ex business owner.
    You never answered my question if you won Iowa State bet at 20 units how to you figure a win of 17 units? Line was -140 the percentages don't add up!!!!!!!!!

jtoler

Soon skin people will see you really dont know anything about basketball Id be very surprised if you last by the Nba finals. Its obvious you havent been betting long and not hedging isnt wise at all.

Skin24

Soon skin people will see you really dont know anything about basketball Id be very surprised if you last by the Nba finals.
    Ok we will see my friend. I love the Spurs to make the finals go place a bet on that I think its +450. I have a bet in at +600 I placed in January.

jtoler

Im pulling for you man just dont lead these people who tail you to the poor house, good luck.

Skin24

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    If you added up all of your "just for fun" losses in a season, you might be surprised what you piss away. Treat it like a business and you will make money like a business.......not that hard of a concept to grasp.
    This is well said great post my friend.

Skin24

Im pulling for you man just dont lead these people who tail you to the poor house, good luck.
    Cool.

I always preach money management. I NEVER RECOMEND ANYONE TO BET MORE THEN 5% OF BANKROLL FOR ANY ONE PLAY. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU HAVE A BANKROLL OF $1,000 YOU SHOULD NOT BE BETTING MORE THEN $50 MAX FOR ANY ONE GAME. I WILL POST THIS KNOWING 99% OF GAMBLERS WILL NOT FOLLOW MY ADVICE. I NEVER LOSE SLEEP OVER A BET!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Skin24; 03-30-14 at 01:27 PM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

You never answered my question if you won Iowa State bet at 20 units how to you figure a win of 17 units? Line was -140 the percentages don't add up!!!!!!!!!
    And you failed to read where I said that was estimate.

I had it at -125 so correct winning would have been 16 units.

I encourage you to add up my entire thread. And then tell me I calculate wrong.

Skin24

And you failed to read where I said that was estimate.

I had it at -125 so correct winning would have been 16 units.

I encourage you to add up my entire thread. And then tell me I calculate wrong.
    My head feels like this trying to figure out your estimates!!!!!!

I'm really on your side just want a better system. Hey I hope you kick ass today really been doing well lately. We do disagree on the Kentucky game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose!!!!!!!!! Pretty smart statement correct? LMFAO

First 12345 Last