Arkansas
    Indiana St.
    Dayton

3.8 units to win 3.5

BOL

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Are you playing all of these? If so, what's your betting strategy?

Also, any reason not to load up on Dayton ML?

FarTooGone
    FarTooGone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by FarTooGone View Post
    ML Straight Plays:

Arkansas -1000
    St. Bonaventure -650
    Indiana St - 700
    Dayton - 380
    Morehead St. -900
    Syracuse -1200

Parlay:

Syracuse
    Kansas St.
    SMU
    Arkansas
    Indiana St.
    Dayton

3.8 units to win 3.5

BOL
    Well...that happens sometimes. Hope to get Ark and Dayton to get back a little. I'll start over tomorrow....made/lost more before.

FarTooGone

Food For Thought:

People may quickly focus on the Syracuse loss and say I lost my ass today. But that is all relative to how much you bet. The fact is I bet $5000 and walked away with $4000 going 7-1. Would you tell a guy that bet $5 and walked away with $4 that he lost his ass.

And I wouldn't say the loss was a bad bet...as, statistically, it was one (if not the) biggest regular season upsets in CBB history. It was a big fat Whammy! But I'll take my chances on that bet every time.

Back to making $ tomorrow!

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its college basketball .. yes more legit than the entertainment brand we know as the NBA, but what they are not are professionals. That game was an upset.. biggest ever? No. Biggest of this year? No way. Syracuse was a penetrating -1150 ML for a reason.. there WAS A CHANCE of BC winning. Syracuse underperformed against a team as they are kids, human beings or amateurs, you take your pick. What happened tonight is why so few play so many ML's. You would have much better luck taking a smart ONE play a night rather than peppering as many as you can.

Food for thought, you ever hear people say that a team might be caught looking ahead to it's next game? Well here you go.. Headline game vs. Duke this Saturday was on their minds and I'm sure even a decent high school team could have beat them tonight.

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Its college basketball .. yes more legit than the entertainment brand we know as the NBA, but what they are not are professionals. That game was an upset.. biggest ever? No. Biggest of this year? No way. Syracuse was a penetrating -1150 ML for a reason.. there WAS A CHANCE of BC winning. Syracuse underperformed against a team as they are kids, human beings or amateurs, you take your pick. What happened tonight is why so few play so many ML's. You would have much better luck taking a smart ONE play a night rather than peppering as many as you can.

Food for thought, you ever hear people say that a team might be caught looking ahead to it's next game? Well here you go.. Headline game vs. Duke this Saturday was on their minds and I'm sure even a decent high school team could have beat them tonight.
    Wrong man...you have no clue how stats work. Also, BC had the lowest winning percentage of ANY team ever to beat a #1 team in February or later...and the did it on the road, Syracuse BPI was 3...BC's was 159...biggest differential for a top 25 team that lost this year (so I would say it is the biggest this year regardless of what the line was...I guess you think Navy over Army was bigger), First time a sub .500 team won on the road against #1 since 1955, Syracuse hadn't lost at home when ranked #1 since 1990, and BC had only beaten 1 D-1 team since November. Who cares what the line was....the numbers speak for themselves. This was a historic loss.
    Last edited by FarTooGone; 02-20-14 at 01:10 AM.

p0wderpants
    p0wderpants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3809

Food For Thought:

People may quickly focus on the Syracuse loss and say I lost my ass today. But that is all relative to how much you bet. The fact is I bet $5000 and walked away with $4000 going 7-1. Would you tell a guy that bet $5 and walked away with $4 that he lost his ass.

And I wouldn't say the loss was a bad bet...as, statistically, it was one (if not the) biggest regular season upsets in CBB history. It was a big fat Whammy! But I'll take my chances on that bet every time.

Back to making $ tomorrow!
    Are you saying you bet to win different amounts on these games? Also you said you went 7-1 but there was only 6 games here plus the parlay, did you play others and just not post? Not trying to hate or anything it's just confusing...keep up the good work

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by p0wderpants View Post
    Are you saying you bet to win different amounts on these games? Also you said you went 7-1 but there was only 6 games here plus the parlay, did you play others and just not post? Not trying to hate or anything it's just confusing...keep up the good work
    Sorry for the confusion...I bet on 8 different team combined to win outright (6 straight and 2 different in the parlay). They went 7-1 combined and I went 5-2 on the plays due to the Syracuse loss.

TPA15
    TPA15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Any picks for tonight FTG?

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by TPA15 View Post
    Any picks for tonight FTG?
    ML Best Bets:

Georgia St.
    Texas AM
    Wofford
    UT Chatt
    Belmont
    Arkansas St
    LA Lafayette
    Denver
    Oregon St
    Stanford

Pick and choose the best one for a parlay if you want lower risk.

FarTooGone

9-1...up + 5 units. (16-2) overall. BOL tomorrow! I hit a parlay go even from yesterday....but wont count;

FarTooGone

I rarely bet on Friday's. because the worst conferences to bet are:

Patriot
    Am. East
    Ivy

Stay off these games!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

In your situation of picking big ML'ers....Harvard should always be on your list on Friday nights. They have the talent to compete in any conference in the country

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    In your situation of picking big ML'ers....Harvard should always be on your list on Friday nights. They have the talent to compete in any conference in the country
    Nope..I never bet on road teams. stats don't lie

FarTooGone

I don't always pick big ML favs.....Like Tex AM..they fit my system. Harvard does not.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I hear ya. With road teams, you definitely need to pick your spots. I used to be scared shitless of picking road teams, but my results seem to be better backing road teams then home. Best of luck to ya!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dont care what stats say really not that big an upset to me. Cuse offense sucks therefore teams hang around. Jimmy B. way overrated as usual.

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Dont care what stats say really not that big an upset to me. Cuse offense sucks therefore teams hang around. Jimmy B. way overrated as usual.
    Terribly insightful!

FarTooGone

ML Plays:

Canisius
    St. Bonaventure
    St. Joes
    WCU
    William and Mary
    Richmond
    ECU
    Tulane
    WKU
    UCSB
    Arkansas St
    Utah St.
    Montana
    Hawaii

Pick and choose for parlay payouts...I will probably play a couple

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

12-2 ?

DALLASROB

Whatcha got for today?

FarTooGone

ML Plays:

Oregon
    Cal

FarTooGone

ML Plays:

Oregon
    Cal
    2-0 tonight....30-4 total

Absolutely nothing on the board tomorrow. Be back Tuesday.

DALLASROB

Regul8er
    Wordd

2-0 tonight....30-4 total

Absolutely nothing on the board tomorrow. Be back Tuesday.
    30-4 is a nice record, but any profit, or behind a little?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Brock Landers must have taught this guy how to sports bet with the massive ML chalk

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im just curious because he had a 12-2 day Saturday, but his losses were St. Bonaventure in the -700 to -750 range and Utah St in the -275 to -300 range. I'm just thinking if every bet was to win 1 unit, whatever that number may be, he is up 12 units on his wins and down about 10 units on his losses. This day it appears he is up 2 units, but if he sprinkled parlays across the board, there's a good chance one of these games was included. Just plays showing a 12-2 record isn't quite enough in this case. Thanks

FarTooGone

Im just curious because he had a 12-2 day Saturday, but his losses were St. Bonaventure in the -700 to -750 range and Utah St in the -275 to -300 range. I'm just thinking if every bet was to win 1 unit, whatever that number may be, he is up 12 units on his wins and down about 10 units on his losses. This day it appears he is up 2 units, but if he sprinkled parlays across the board, there's a good chance one of these games was included. Just plays showing a 12-2 record isn't quite enough in this case. Thanks
    I was 3-4 on parlays that day as well.....I don't play teams in multiple parlays and I don't play teams in parlays with ML less than -300. I was up 9.2 units Saturday and 2.2 units yesterday with the parlay. I could care less about proving to you that I make money...that isn't my goal with this thread.

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Brock Landers must have taught this guy how to sports bet with the massive ML chalk
    Yeah..massive chalk with Richmond, Tulane, Utah St., William and Mary, Montana. How could I ever lose.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I was 3-4 on parlays that day as well.....I don't play teams in multiple parlays and I don't play teams in parlays with ML less than -300. I was up 9.2 units Saturday and 2.2 units yesterday with the parlay. I could care less about proving to you that I make money...that isn't my goal with this thread.
    FarTooGone.....we could care less about what you make, but 12-2 can be misleading when it equates to a losing day. There are some young posters out here who might not understand this concept yet.

FarTooGone

FarTooGone.....we could care less about what you make, but 12-2 can be misleading when it equates to a losing day. There are some young posters out here who might not understand this concept yet.
    I'm up just on the straight wagers...add up all the plays. If you don't understand ML betting, you shouldn't be doing it. My system is based on making all the plays...it is purely statistical. Fact is that nobody on this forum is betting all these games with me. So, I am just giving people the best teams to pick from for a straight wager or a parlay bet.
    Last edited by FarTooGone; 02-24-14 at 12:09 PM.

keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

peace out darth vader

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    peace out darth vader
    I would be bitter too if I lost my entire retirement on the Hoosiers in Lincoln. This racket isn't for you.

kobi_j
    kobi_j's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

Do you play both parley and straight bets? How many units do you place on straight bets to make a decent return?

FarTooGone

Quote Originally Posted by kobi_j View Post
    Do you play both parley and straight bets? How many units do you place on straight bets to make a decent return?
    Yes, I play both. All straight plays are for 1 unit. The picks I am providing are just to show you that you can win playing ML only...although the ROI is quite low. Even though I am up +85 units this year on straight plays, that would probably be relatively nothing for people that play small ML wagers. I place very large wagers to make it worth while. The plays I post are for people to use to make educated ML parlay bets. I make my own and that is where the larger ROI comes into play. I base my parlays bets off the straight plays.

My rules for making ML parlay bets are fairly simple.....I never use more than one team in a parlay and I usually don't put teams under -300 in them.
    I never bet more units than your highest ML play in the parlay and try to earn a return of units equal to the lowest ML bet in your parlay. This manages the risk since lower ML teams are, statistically, more likely to lose. For instance..tonight vegasreaper had a parlay of -650, -290, and -320. You wouldn't want to risk more than 6.5 units...and I wouldn't have played more than 2.8 units since that would have payed 2.9. If you have to bet more units than your highest ML play earn the lowest ML payout...you should either add more teams or different teams until it works out.

This is just what I do

12 Last