2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sunday hoops discussion, plays, whatever..

looks like a pretty decent sunday card, not tons of games but some what should be good games...just starting to sober up and look at card now, 1 stuck out right away and to be honest it feels like the 1st 1 i post to get this thread started is sometimes my worst so do what ya will with it, lol..

clem+14.. this seems like a ton of points in a gm where they could be hard pressed to crack 100 total.. i suppose the big issue here is can clem score at all? certainly my biggest worry but think they should be able to do enough work on the offensive glass to get few easy buckets.. wont be pretty but i think this 4-5 points too high.. they gonna have to set this total crazy low for me not to be interested in the under as well..

by now ya'll know what to do, im getting in a zone so gonna bust out the whole card in next couple hours, will post thoughts as i go, hopefully ya'll do the same and we can come up with another winning thread..

tailin junkie
    tailin junkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17008

Temple
    Bowling green
    Illinois
    Washington

pvd91
    pvd91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Two games I'm looking at:
    Manhattan (-7.5) at Niagara
    Drake at Indiana State (-10)

My gut's telling me both of these are really solid picks.

2daBank

if appling plays for msu i have no idea how i stay away from sparty? i mean seriously him and harris will whip wiscy off the bounce all day..anyone have any type of educated guess on whether appling will play?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if appling plays for msu i have no idea how i stay away from sparty? i mean seriously him and harris will whip wiscy off the bounce all day..anyone have any type of educated guess on whether appling will play?
    From what I've read, sounds like he's somewhere between questionable and doubtful. Valentine and Trice are capable in his absence, but on the road in a hostile environment, they still turn the ball over a little too much for my liking.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pvd91 View Post
    Two games I'm looking at:
    Manhattan (-7.5) at Niagara
    Drake at Indiana State (-10)

My gut's telling me both of these are really solid picks.
    hard to argue with manhattan, niagra was just in a up and down track meet with iona where they came up short, they not very deep and now manhattan gonna come in and get them in another track meet, way i see it is even if nia hangs around for a while they will be out of gas late.. i agree and am playing jaspers-7

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Creighton -3 at St. John's is an interesting line. I know the Jays had trouble putting St. John's away late in their game in Omaha, but they were in completely control for 35 minutes.

theforce
    theforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Clemson/Cuse under anything better than 110. Clemson will be hard pressed to break 50.

2daBank

manhattan-7.. as talked about above just dont think nia has enough depth to keep up in this gm after losing a track meet to iona the other day dealing with a deep jasper team gonna be too much for this squad..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Clemson/Cuse under anything better than 110. Clemson will be hard pressed to break 50.
    i certainly dont disagree.. like i said wouldnt shock me if they didnt break 100..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Creighton -3 at St. John's is an interesting line. I know the Jays had trouble putting St. John's away late in their game in Omaha, but they were in completely control for 35 minutes.
    jeez, mcdermott scored 39 of jays 63 in that gm! i like the way johnies are playing, i would think they could figure a way to at least make things harder on mcdermott, they are actually a pretty solid defensive team...i think johnies or nothing as i kinda think they win this gm..

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

One thing that seems like a common theme for myself is betting on road favorites in the MAAC. I'm probably 3-10 doing so over the past two seasons. Manhattan is maybe the one exception because when fully healthy, they seem to bring it. Looks like a dandy card for a Sunday. I rarely bet top 20 teams anyway, so I like it.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20406

Just off quick glance I like Wisky and Illinois. Possibly St Johns, that line is interesting.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Indiana state -10 looks good. Drake is down big time this year

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I'm really liking U Mass today Rhody dose not have a true point guard and think this is really going to hurt them down the stretch,

2daBank

beavers+15.. just another line that seems far too high imo, osu has played some pretty good ball in conf and with moreland and brandt have some real size to compete with zona down low. they been competitive in every gm with the exception of early on at utah where they still stay3ed within this number, much like i been fond of saying with wyo lately the same holds true here that we catching more points than this team has been beaten by all season,, while sure zona will be the best team the beavers have played cats arnt exactly playing their best ball right now, still adjusting to losing ashley and in the mist of playing several tight games in a row. i think beavers can make this another competitive gm for zona, doubt it comes down to the wire but no reason this cant stay within 10..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heandog View Post
    I'm really liking U Mass today Rhody dose not have a true point guard and think this is really going to hurt them down the stretch,
    i cant make a case for uRI

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

No love for Illinois +3.5

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    No love for Illinois +3.5
    no real opinion either way, i will say im not a fan of playing a team that won the 1st meeting by 20 and is now 3 point dogs, even tho in this case it makes slightly more sense than others considering that was the last gm the illini won.. honestly it just really hard for me to play a team that has lost 8 games in a row with very few even being all that close,, true the majority were against better teams than psu but i just cant do it..

2daBank

lean canisius, may be a bit of a tossup tho and waiting for now..revenge spot for iona as canisius gave them their last loss but revenge and all this a much tougher spot for the gaels playing their 3rd road gm in a row and catching canisius off their 1st home loss of the season..last gm had such wild swings and both teams so 3 point dependent not a easy gm but gotta be home team or nothing imo.

2daBank

temple/hou ov 148.5..no clue which way it will move but i made it higher, surprised it dropped off open really.. , both teams finally get a break from seeing the top half of the conf where defense is the calling card, think both offenses flourish and this gm gets more up and down as the kids light up at the thought of not having to face suffocating defenses for a change...

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I like MSU +3. Appling may be playing. Nobody has said so, but he traveled with thw team and the tone of whether he is or not has lightened in MSU backers' favor. Either way Trice had 6 assists and no turnovers against PSU, and scored a few. Even if Wisky doesn't extend their home losing streak to four and wins here, I am taking my chances that it isn't by more than two points.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Agree, well-said. Kenpom has 109, i get 107. Opened at 113 at BOL, now 114' across the board. Per discussion yesterday, i don't think that i'll let that scare me off.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

My early leans
    Sparty +3
    Penn State -3'
    Clemson/Cuse under 114'
    St. John's +3
    Oregon State +15

Totally agree on Beavs, Bank. I think that Appling will play for Sparty today, but i'm probably going to back them either way. This is normally a really bruising close match-up, but Wisky's defense is not up to their usual standards.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Agree, well-said. Kenpom has 109, i get 107. Opened at 113 at BOL, now 114' across the board. Per discussion yesterday, i don't think that i'll let that scare me off.
    certainly not scaring me,, think may as well wait seeing how it a high profile gm on tv i would think that a number this low takes on over money all day as most reg joes cant really fathom playing totals this low imo..

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kind of like Uconn -6 against UCF.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jessetk313 View Post
    I kind of like Uconn -6 against UCF.
    i have played very few ucon gms cause honestly i just dont feel like my numbers for them are good and i havnt watched them since before conf play so havnt had the time/ability to figure out why i tend to be off with them so ive basically stayed away.. think gm has a "trappy" type feel to it (i really hate the trap word so hate even saying it), ucon boat raced this team by 25 and now you dont even gotta lay 7 here? against a team that on a serious slide and has been getting curb stomped by all the top teams in the conf,, seems way to easy to lay the points and think you have a easy winner, and it very well could be but kinda sets off some flags with all i just said and then the line is still a few points lower than kenpoms number.. but as i said ive avoided ucon for the most part cause i know i have something wrong with them as my numbers been way off, this not the gm im gonna try and get it figured out, lol..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

St John's all day

But either will split 70/30 on 1H (70 on 1H) or might just play 1H

Slight lean on Wiscy

Rhody 1H might be a play...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    St John's all day

Slight lean on Wiscy

i will def be on johnies.. i trying to talk myself into sparty, think there some value at +140, dont see as much in the spread cause if it within a score ill happily take the team i trust to get big stops down the stretch,, there just nothing i look at that says wiscy other than line and fact them losing 4 in a row at home seems crazy..

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

St John's all day

Slight lean on Wiscy

I lean Wiscy too

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Wiscy -2 1H 110/100
    St. John's +1.5 1H 110/100

2daBank

card so far.

clem+14
    beavers+15
    manhattan-7
    tem/hou ov 148.5
    canisius-1

i did a 2 team ml parlay with sparty and johnies .65 paid little over 3u..dont really like sparty all that much here, more of a degen play for action early hoping it hits then ill have my st johns play already locked in, if sparty loses as line seems to be screaming that fine then i will re pop st johns later on ..

clem/cuse un 115..half my wager now, feel fine with this number but being a tv gm with the #1 team in the country wouldnt surprise me if this ticked up a little further later on..if it starts to drop ill grab rest but would hate to play all now and see a 117 by tip off..

basically 7 gms with sparty thrown in for action, lol..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I don't understand the love for Sparty here

Appling sets that squad up and Bo Ryan's team should play one of their better games of the season

I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets outta hand and they win by DD

But maybe I'm just seeing something different

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I don't understand the love for Sparty here

Appling sets that squad up and Bo Ryan's team should play one of their better games of the season

I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets outta hand and they win by DD

But maybe I'm just seeing something different
    Again, MSU is short-handed so who knows, but this Wisconsin team is very, very mediocre. I don't think Appling is going to play, though. No way they'd be +4 with him.

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I hear you in UCONn 2dabank. They are 0-2 when I take them haha. I actually like UMASs moneyline today. I know they have struggled lately but I was very impressed by the way the rebounded at home in a game they needed at home against La Salle. I think they may be on their way to getting over that mid season slump they hit and they should be able to handle URI today.

12 Last