Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    i like arizona. probably not good odds though
    My book had them at +450

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    My book had them at +450
    ahhh see. san diego st. really stands out too. what's the odd on them?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My book had them at +450
    They were 15/1 and 12/1 for a while. I got a bit over $1K on them. These tickets, plus another bill at 14/1 at bookmaker.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    ahhh see. san diego st. really stands out too. what's the odd on them?
    not sure, didn't check them..don't see SDST winning it

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Love Arizona this year.

Michigan State plays some nasty defense but their offense can be brutal at times. Can't have letdowns like that down the stretch. I think you'll see Arizona, Michigan State, Syracuse and Kentucky. Duke and Kansas will be there to the Elite 8 and there are some very good teams that are just a notch below like Louisville, UCLA, VCU, Wichita State.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

chalky knows the goods when he sees it. arizona is the goods. but san diego st. is nobody's fool. remember that.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    They were 15/1 and 12/1 for a while. I got a bit over $1K on them. These tickets, plus another bill at 14/1 at bookmaker.

Wow, great find ChalkyDog, you must have placed these tickets before the season started.

only the Bruins will give the Wildcats a challenge for the PAC-12

ChalkyDog

Wow, great find ChalkyDog, you must have placed these tickets before the season started.

only the Bruins will give the Wildcats a challenge for the PAC-12
    Nope, November 22nd and Novemeber 25th. I bet the one at bookmaker after the 3rd game of the season.

ChalkyDog

If it's not Arizona, the only other bets to win it all would be on Kansas or 'Cuse. They have a great squads and coaches.

If you like a dark horse, look into Oregon. They are wildly undervalued and an easy top 10 team in this country.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

If it's not Arizona, the only other bets to win it all would be on Kansas or 'Cuse. They have a great squads and coaches.

If you like a dark horse, look into Oregon. They are wildly undervalued and an easy top 10 team in this country.
    like I had said to you . Be glad when Artis and Carter suspension over

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    like I had said to you . Be glad when Artis and Carter suspension over
    Exactly.

I already have one loss to those guys penciled in for my boys. There is no way to run the table in college basketball, and those guys are the real deal.

I could see Arizona losing @ Oregon, @ Colorado and @ UCLA

dick johnson
    dick johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State for a multitude of reasons.

-Best defensive team in the country
    -Experienced team (two seniors and three juniors in their top six)
    -Amazing depth (nine players who play meaningful minutes)
    -One of the best head coaches in the country (5 regular season conference championships, 4 conference tournament titles, 7 NCAA tournament appearances, 5 Sweet Sixteen, 3 Elite Eight and 2 Final Four appearances)
    -Did I mention experience? The majority of the team has experience winning conference and conference tournament titles and making deep tournament runs.
    -Will certainly be battle tested from playing in the best conference in America.

I always want the best defensive and most experienced team whenever possible. Don't think any other team in the country can hold a candle to Ohio State in that regard.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Look at my avatar IF they get Hairston and McDonald back. Worth a few bucks now.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Izzo and the Spartans

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by dick johnson View Post
    Ohio State for a multitude of reasons.

-Best defensive team in the country
    -Experienced team (two seniors and three juniors in their top six)
    -Amazing depth (nine players who play meaningful minutes)
    -One of the best head coaches in the country (5 regular season conference championships, 4 conference tournament titles, 7 NCAA tournament appearances, 5 Sweet Sixteen, 3 Elite Eight and 2 Final Four appearances)
    -Did I mention experience? The majority of the team has experience winning conference and conference tournament titles and making deep tournament runs.
    -Will certainly be battle tested from playing in the best conference in America.

I always want the best defensive and most experienced team whenever possible. Don't think any other team in the country can hold a candle to Ohio State in that regard.
    Arizona was ranked the no. 2 defensive team in the nation going into the Texas Tech game, I haven't looked since. They've stacked those stats with an impressive schedule.

For instance, they're the only undefeated team in the nation that has 3 or more wins vs top 50 teams in Sagarin and Kenpom.

Arizona's PG keeps getting compared to Craft, but I truly think that is a slight at our PG, because Craft is atrocious offensively. Guy can't hit water from a boat. Defensively, I give a slight nod to craft, just because he has been doing it at the high D1 level longer, but it is really close. I am sure you being an OSU fan/homer are laughing at this idea, but what else can I say besides watch him yourself.

Last year's Arizona is a lot worse than this years Arizona team, and This year OSU team is worse or on the same level as last years OSU team. A team Arizona lost to by a end of game shot.

OSU is really good, and will be there in late March, I just don't think they've got what it takes from watching them at this point in the season, but the bracket is all about matchups and luck.

Zona
    'Cuse
    Kansas

Those 3 teams are above everyone else right now, IMO. Although some argument could be made against Kansas.

OSU and Louisville in the next tier with Kentucky, MSU and Duke.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 12-04-13 at 11:49 PM.

dick johnson
    dick johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona was ranked the no. 2 defensive team in the nation going into the Texas Tech game, I haven't looked since. They've stacked those stats with an impressive schedule.

For instance, they're the only undefeated team in the nation that has 3 or more wins vs top 50 teams in Sagarin and Kenpom.

Arizona's PG keeps getting compared to Craft, but I truly think that is a slight at our PG, because Craft is atrocious offensively. Guy can't hit water from a boat. Defensively, I give a slight nod to craft, just because he has been doing it at the high D1 level longer, but it is really close. I am sure you being an OSU fan/homer are laughing at this idea, but what else can I say besides watch him yourself.

Last year's Arizona is a lot worse than this years Arizona team, and This year OSU team is worse or on the same level as last years OSU team. A team Arizona lost to by a end of game shot.

OSU is really good, and will be there in late March, I just don't think they've got what it takes from watching them at this point in the season, but the bracket is all about matchups and luck.

Zona
    'Cuse
    Kansas

Those 3 teams are above everyone else right now, IMO. Although some argument could be made against Kansas.

OSU and Louisville in the next tier with Kentucky, MSU and Duke.
    I'll give the nod to Arizona because of who they've beaten so far. I think Zona and OSU are the top two teams right now. Simple reason is because neither of those two teams have struggled this year. The rest of those teams have lost, struggled with inferior opponents to the point that the game was in question or both.

My concern with Arizona is that they won't be challenged in conference. They should roll through that conference, so I worry they might not face much adversity before tournament time. Ohio State will be tested most nights, so I think that is better preparation for the tournament.

You really can't go wrong with either, IMO.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by dick johnson View Post
    I'll give the nod to Arizona because of who they've beaten so far. I think Zona and OSU are the top two teams right now. Simple reason is because neither of those two teams have struggled this year. The rest of those teams have lost, struggled with inferior opponents to the point that the game was in question or both.

My concern with Arizona is that they won't be challenged in conference. They should roll through that conference, so I worry they might not face much adversity before tournament time. Ohio State will be tested most nights, so I think that is better preparation for the tournament.

You really can't go wrong with either, IMO.
    PAC-12 is a very good conference this year. I really think we lose about 3 games in conference. Our worst team is Washington. 6 or 7 bid league.

Arizona's next test is a B1G foe @ Michigan. They looked awful against Duke, but this is a true road game. Something most teams in the nation are too chicken shit to try.

Duke is trying to ruin college basketball the same way the SEC is trying to ruin college football, with killing meaningful OOC games.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly most of the teams you may want to pick now will have better value come March.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State..... I dont know i like them. But prob Arizona