Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

So basically everything is a foul now?

K cool thanks.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Yep, not a big fan of college hoops but this shit is unwatchable.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not for Arizona, filmoz.

Don't get it, we play and the rules look the same except for Rondae Jefferson being able to get every block call he wants.

Stanford v BYU yesterday was not a foul fest.

B1G and ACC got it the worst.

Filmoz

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Not for Arizona, filmoz.

Don't get it, we play and the rules look the same except for Rondae Jefferson being able to get every block call he wants.

Stanford v BYU yesterday was not a foul fest.

B1G and ACC got it the worst.
    This SCar/Baylor game has been pretty unwatchable for stretches too.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    This SCar/Baylor game has been pretty unwatchable for stretches too.
    Yeah, I am watching it. I find watching Zone defense is worse than anything. God awful fukkin' defense.

I am not sure of the Big XII's stance, but looking at this game you have to believe they have a similar mandate.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

this is pathetic... rather watch paint dry

Filmoz

Yeah, I am watching it. I find watching Zone defense is worse than anything. God awful fukkin' defense.

I am not sure of the Big XII's stance, but looking at this game you have to believe they have a similar mandate.
    How could this be good for the game? The number one gripe of fans everywhere, across multiple sports, is "Let them play!" and this is the rule change they institute?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6838

Last year was lowest scoring in some 60 years trying to get the scores up. Sucks for physical teams. It is hard to watch though, i concur.

Filmoz

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Last year was lowest scoring in some 60 years trying to get the scores up. Sucks for physical teams. It is hard to watch though, i concur.
    Yeah. What they are missing is that it is not the scores so much as the flow of the game. This rule change will get the scores higher on paper while utterly frustrating the flow of the game for the players and fans. And if the idea is that eventually defenses will adjust and the game will flow better and just be more offensive, well then that is flawed thinking because it is essentially asking the players to undo the only way they've been taught to play defense for their whole lives, not gonna happen so easily.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    How could this be good for the game? The number one gripe of fans everywhere, across multiple sports, is "Let them play!" and this is the rule change they institute?
    For all of college basketball, it's terrible.

For PAC-12 teams it's fantastic. The rule change is basically the way the PAC has called it for years, except the Block/Charge thing (I love that rule change).

Remember when everyone, including myself, have been bitching about how terrible PAC-12 refs were? It's because they were pulling this shit for years.

PAC-12 have had to play defense with their feet instead of their hands for years now. For years they get wrecked when they go up against teams and their refs who used the more physical brand of ball, i.e. Big East.

The nation is going the way of the PAC-12, and most teams aren't prepared to adjust at this point.

The bitching is simply the rest of the nation being forced to playing at that level, and they're unhappy about it.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

This Baylor/USC game is disgusting to watch with a foul every time a team gets in their offensive half of the court.

Is this how all the other games have gone?

I have had college classes today so I have seen about 5 minutes of college b-ball the last 24 hours, before watching this game.

Filmoz

For all of college basketball, it's terrible.

For PAC-12 teams it's fantastic. The rule change is basically the way the PAC has called it for years, except the Block/Charge thing (I love that rule change).

Remember when everyone, including myself, have been bitching about how terrible PAC-12 refs were? It's because they were pulling this shit for years.

PAC-12 have had to play defense with their feet instead of their hands for years now. For years they get wrecked when they go up against teams and their refs who used the more physical brand of ball, i.e. Big East.

The nation is going the way of the PAC-12, and most teams aren't prepared to adjust at this point.

The bitching is simply the rest of the nation being forced to playing at that level, and they're unhappy about it.
    Fair points, and definitely agree on the block/charge thing.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

been difficult to watch and even more difficult to cap games. I might not bet college ball for a while

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    been difficult to watch and even more difficult to cap games. I might not bet college ball for a while
    agreed im getting slammed today

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    this is pathetic... rather watch paint dry

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's very exciting if you like freethrows

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2083

Yeah, great fuk'in new rule NCAA! Thanks for making the game even more fuk'in boring!

ChalkyDog

Hahaha.

I love the backlash of this shit.

Refs and the NCAA are getting buried, and the nation is finally realizing what us out west have had to deal with.

This is really on the teams at this point. It is what it is. This is truly standing athwart history yelling stop. Either adapt or die.

I wonder what this forum would have looked like back in the day when they introduced the shotclock or the three point line.

The NBA has the exact same rule, the only difference is the 3 point line is moved out, meaning they have even more room to create.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

if its on NC state, yea... not on cincinnati. nothing is a foul

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8834

hand check hand check

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

You can thank Louisville from last year. They basically raped teams on the defensive end and dared the officials to call it.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    You can thank Louisville from last year. They basically raped teams on the defensive end and dared the officials to call it.
    They've been doing that for years.

They absolutely raped my cats years ago in the sweet 16 pulling that shit.

If the NCAA truly reacted because of UL last year, than that is painfully disappointing. If there was any justice, the NCAA would implement a 3 second rule in the paint so the queer ass zone playing teams have to adjust their bullshit scheme.

Cuse is exactly who I am referring to. That shit isn't defense. It's lazy basketball taught to kids who can't be bothered to grasp actual defensive concepts of man-to-man.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

LMAO, what a penetrating vag you are. We had 2 guards under 6 feet. I guess they "bullied" other teams

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Hahaha.

I love the backlash of this shit.

Refs and the NCAA are getting buried, and the nation is finally realizing what us out west have had to deal with.

This is really on the teams at this point. It is what it is. This is truly standing athwart history yelling stop. Either adapt or die.

I wonder what this forum would have looked like back in the day when they introduced the shotclock or the three point line.

The NBA has the exact same rule, the only difference is the 3 point line is moved out, meaning they have even more room to create.
    How can you blame the refs? they are just doing what they are instructed to do.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2083

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post

LMAO, what a penetrating vag you are. We had 2 guards under 6 feet. I guess they "bullied" other teams

Yeah I gotta agree with TPowell, You're penalizing good teams who play great defense just for the sake of the pussy ones who don't and like to stand outside to tough zone or man to man and shoot 3 pointers. They can't play an inside game or get into the paint, so the NCAA had to give them the pussy hand check rule.