TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Jayhawk Backer Says Texas is Play of Year

I live in Lawrence and have followed this jayhawk team every minute of this BB season. Fellas, I have to tell you that I know how this team performs in situations such as this one. As much as I hate to admit it, the fieldhouse will be on the edge of its seat all game b/c KU will never get a lead bigger than 5-6 points. When I saw the line at 9, I couldn't believe it. I am completely done with offshore so I wont' be laying any money on it but I can promise you that if I could, my bankroll would be on Texas. In games where it means a lot and KU has had a week to think about it, it never fails that they come out very flat. I actually see Texas getting out to an early lead and definitely covering the 9 points.

For those conservative bettors, I would play Texas for the game and then look to play KU in the 2nd half b/c I feel the game will be even at halftime and then KU by about 4 in the 2nd half. Could easily be a game set up to hit both ends.

Well, I'm getting ready to go to the game right now so good luck to all of you and we'll chat afterwards.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally I think this is gonna be stompass, but we'll see.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Fitting the script so far. Kansas sloppy and unprepared.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dammit all, I woke up too late to enter my thoughts on this one. I had TX +9 as easy money, but never would've thought this was going to happen... Unbelievable, thus far.

babaoriley

Wow, TX +8.5 in the 2nd half??? That's a little steep. As well as the Horns are playing, I'm taking those 8.5 and running with it. Normally, I'd try to middle my original TX +9 (a sure winner at this point), but 8.5???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

baba,

Is my scoreboard wrong? I see Texas up by 3 with 17:00 left. How is +9 a "sure winner"?

babaoriley

No LT, but I posted at halftime, with Texas up by 12. Seemed that a 21 point swing would be highly unlikely. Possibly not, at this point. That said, I figured Kansas would come flying out of the gate in the 2nd half, but still think Texas covers that 9. My second half wager may be shot, for sure. That's what I get for waking up too damn late and making rash decisions. I should have just stuck with my UT +9 bets and looked forward to my other wagers.

babaoriley

And LT, by looking at the timing of my post, you should have seen that I had posted that a full 15 minutes before you decided to post back, in an attempt to make me look foolish. Not cool, bro.

LT Profits

Gotcha Baba. You of all people should know better than calling a winner that early

But I still live you

LT Profits

NO BABA,

That was not my intention at all. That was the first time I checked that score and I was honestly wondering if my scoreboard was off based on all the Texas dominance talk by all posters in the previous posts. Sorry for the misinterpritation.

As I said in subsequent post, I till love you.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 03-03-07 at 12:40 PM.

LT Profits

Also I should tell you that we keyed the 2:32 and 2:33 posts simultaneously, and I would not have made my lighthearted jab about calling the winner early if I had seen that you were upset.

I'm really sorry buddy, and I hope we are still good.

:embarrassed:

babaoriley

Yeah, sorry LT. It's been a nightmare 2nd half. As a UT backer, I cannot talk Horns hoops rationally, at all. We're all good. Sorry for overreacting.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4747

Why is Texas shooting threes every trip down court? Plenty of time.

Durant needs more touches down the stretch.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Gotcha Baba. You of all people should know better than calling a winner that early

Again, when I discuss UT hoops, especially after waking up at 11:45AM after a night of drinking, thinking the game tipped at noon, seeing my Horns up by 12 and dominating... It was all too much...

Then, the second half... We won't settle for layups, Durant rolls both ankles, KU shoots 65% from the field, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, bad shot selection... Just falling apart.

babaoriley

Wow, pushoff!!! TX down 5 shotting FT's with 25 seconds (EDIT, no FT's, ball OOB!!!

Holy lord. Abrams 3!!!

babaoriley

Well, at least they covered. So, so close...

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

WHOOOOOO DOGGGGIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone on TEXAS, got ugly for a while......end result is all that matters though.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah!

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

sorry i'm just now getting to post. i've been at a bar ever since the game was over. damn, wish i had money offshore b/c i would be taking it to the books today!!! anyways, i hope some of you took my advice and won money. good luck to you all and i'm off to a 30th birthday party.

babaoriley

Happy B-Day, Gambler. Drink one for a brokenhearted UT fan (myself) that saw his team blow a certainly winnable game thanks to poor coaching (worst in the Big XII), a bad break (Durant's ankle ) and a hell of a shooting performance by KU in the 2nd half. I'll celebrate the cover, but so wanted that victory outright.