Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Betting becomes inconsequential.......

That was worse than Joe T, that was worse than Moises Alou....

That was the looking worst sports inury I have ever seen. Shame on me for looking to bet on Duke now....

D2D

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Yeah, is it sad that I logged in to see what the live line was???

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Is it on you tube?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

You didn't see Prothro from Bama a few years ago did you?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

dave dravecky arm snapped in half when he was pitching in the 80's....not once....but twice!

had his arm amputated after the second time

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Why does it make betting inconsequential. He broke his leg, it will hurt, it'll take awhile. But it's not like he's gonna die.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by mintpicks79 View Post
    Yeah, is it sad that I logged in to see what the live line was???
    I was thinking the same thing...I just couldn't do it

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

can't have a weak stomach in sports. I've seen much worse positions in soccer where players broke their legs, Nonetheless can someone let me know what the effect of the injury on the line was? How much did the Duke ML move by

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

why do people make big deals about common injuries these guys are crying for a guy with a broken leg for in a year he will be okay. They are acting like he will never walk again or he got shot WHO CARES about a broken leg. if your walking down the street and you got a broken leg how many people would probably help you out 1 or 2 noone would give a crap but ohh hes an athlete i care.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    why do people make big deals about common injuries these guys are crying for a guy with a broken leg for in a year he will be okay. They are acting like he will never walk again or he got shot WHO CARES about a broken leg. if your walking down the street and you got a broken leg how many people would probably help you out 1 or 2 noone would give a crap but ohh hes an athlete i care.
    what are you talking about?? if you were walking down the street and broke your leg like that and someone filmed it and was on the news plenty of people would feel bad and say it was gruesome

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

HOLY ******* SH*T

Are you guys kidding? That was a compound fracture....the lower half of his leg was literally hanging off of the rest of his leg. He may be lucky and it will just require setting, etc.....but there is a chance it will be worse as well. His teamates had every right to react that way, it was terrible.

As for Dave Dravecky, yep, that was bad too.....but at least he didn't land on it with all his weight just like that kid did....

All I was saying was that betting takes a backseat to this....as for the line it started at Duke +175 and during the 9 minute time out for the injury it moved to +145.....

I did bet it, of course.....I was just sayinig that betting is LESS important when somebodies' health comes into question. I am surprised, Pitino is good....his players rallied around it.....I thought my two first half UNDERS were toast, but they both managed to come in for me!

D2D
    Last edited by Dollars2Donuts; 03-31-13 at 05:18 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

wait mitchell if i was on tv cause i snapped my leg people are gonna be crying for me cause i broke my leg and i will be walking again within a year COME ON MAN

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-15-16 at 04:28 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

wait mitchell if i was on tv cause i snapped my leg people are gonna be crying for me cause i broke my leg and i will be walking again within a year COME ON MAN
    yes there would be people that feel bad for you and would be grossed out by it. I am sure of that

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

It was actually even worse than this from another angle.....and they showed him laying there, he kept lifting it up in shock.....wowsa...

Get well kiddo
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-15-16 at 04:28 PM. Reason: image does not exist