SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave Cokin: Illinois -6 vs Missouri

Illinois -6 vs Missouri

Game Time: 12/19/2006 9:00:00 PM

By: Dave Cokin
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Missouri and Illinois meet on a neutral court in St. Louis tonight, and the Illini minus the points are the right play in this Big 12-Big 10 matchup.

The coaching change at Missouri is definitely having the desired effect. The Tigers are playing with far more intensity and it's clear that the inmates are no longer running the asylum as they did the last couple years.

But the talent level for the Tigers is still a cut below this opponent and I believe the number is a shade low for this annual rivalry duel.

The Illini (10-2) are on a 4-game win streak this season with their only two defeats coming at the hands of Maryland and Arizona in back-to-back contests in late-November, early December. Illinois also has won the last three meetings between these two clubs, 82-50 last year, 70-64 in 2004 and 71-70 in 2003.

The Tigers (9-1) opened the season with nine straight wins but are coming off a 79-62 loss to Purdue in West Lafayette 10 days ago. Whereas the Illini have had a 'post finals week' game (77-51 win over Belmont two days ago), Missouri has not and could easily be a little slow and rusty off the tip.

Mark me down for a free Tuesday opinion on Illinois minus the points.

Play: Illinois -6

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree with this Cokin.

IL might own have owned them in this yearly rivalry game, but I don't think they will slow down this new Missouri teams run and gun style Mike Anderson has implemented this season.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you play Missouri dan? I'm on that side.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

oh ya gotta go with my ILLINI here although the spread is a little high. This game means so much to the team and the fans..the braggin rights game is like a tournament atmosphere and it will be an intense game. go illini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's +7 now?...I just don't get it...neutral court...teams of similiar talent level...gotta take the points here...

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm a Mizzou alum, and have been tortured in this game during the Coach Snyder era. But let me tell you something, this Mizzou team is playing with lots of confidence. Anderson has them believing in themselves and playing with emotion. Even if Illinois wins, it'll be much closer this year. MIZZOU +7 BIG Play (MU 74-71)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Did you play Missouri dan? I'm on that side.
    The way this line has been moving all day. I plan on waiting to we get closer to game time before I pull the trigger in order to get the best price. (personally I feel we could see 7 again)