Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Hedging or Doubling Down on a 2H line that matches up with Game line...

Is this common practice with many Cappers here? Or is your game selection enough action for you to sit back and enjoy and either collect off of your triumph or grab some lint on your defeat??

I often like to double down (or at least give a little jolt to my original wager amount) with a line that is either within my number or exactly at it...I dont find myself Hedging too often, as I like to believe that whatever selection I made will be the winner (I'd rather lose off of a pick that I am confident about to maintain my confidence, than to win based off of me second guessing myself luckily)

If I were to second guess myself for good reason, I suppose it could build my confidence in another way, as I would've been smart enough to notice something that gives me an advantage after the fact of placing my first wager. But I feel that just blindly hedging a bet, because a game is tight and you are unsure if the team you selected can pull it off with a solid enough 2nd Half is going to do nothing but leave you 2nd guessing yourself more often, thus plunging your confidence, in the things you recognize to give you an edge, right down the drain pipe.

I suppose there are times (probably more often than not to be honest) in a tight game, to not double down or slightly beef up your original wager. I Self admittedley dont fully know, when the best situation to do so, is or isnt. I can admit tho, that I do like to beef up the bet quite often if, as I stated earlier, the number is within or exactly matching the game line.

Any thoughts gentlemen? I would love to hear some outside perspective on this...Thanks in advance for the feedback and conversation (I feel this is a pretty good topic to be subjective on, so there should be a few different views from varying bettors)

BOL in the upcoming future...
    Last edited by Magnificent; 03-04-13 at 07:31 PM.

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Well...it worked out for me tonight in the L'ville game...I wanted to bet Kansas in the 2nd half, but I didnt care for the -8 number as I felt it couldve went too many different ways. In hindsight I should have at least bet the ML at -500 (I believe it was) as that wouldve been right on my -25 game line. Then under in the Kansas game for the 2H was about 7 points under the Game line, so that didnt really apply as well, and I actually was leaning the over for the 2nd Half as I thought TT might put a few more on the board than they did, but still stay under the Game total. Lets see what the 9pm games bring for 2H plays that coincide with the Game lines...BOL fellas...