TCamp15
    TCamp15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Looking past this horrible night...

Ok so I get NC wilmington pretty much suck on the road...but why is old dominion a 6.5pt favorite over anyone...(I'm going to answer my own question with the answers i would expect without this answer. make sense?)
    Anyway the answer I'm expecting is they have a new coach they are turning their season around!!!
    Go old dominion!!!

I don't want that answer so I typed it for you...now lets discuss this a little. I will probably end up passing on this but is there an injury or something I don't know about? I mean both teams average 63 PPG. NC beat old dom at home by 5. is NC really 11 points worse on the road? just because they have a new coach the same guys are still shooting the rock which have only been shooting at 39% on the year. yeah NC is only shooting a staggering 41% on the year but they are 10-16...they found a way to win 7 more game than old dom has this year. What am I missing?

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was wondering same thing as I saw the line... The OD fade has been money for me all year, maybe it's finally time to move on... Hope not, but if I play it I'll likely just take the NC-W ML

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw them practice today.... they were shooting it really well.
    Let's see how that translates to a real game against people. I'm going to it tomorrow

TCamp15

I mean they have been shooting better the last 5 games or so they haven't been under 40 and hit 47 and 50 once but still their only win was against drexel...

TCamp15

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I saw them practice today.... they were shooting it really well.
    Let's see how that translates to a real game against people. I'm going to it tomorrow

you saying old dominion was shooting well today?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by TCamp15 View Post
    you saying old dominion was shooting well today?
    They were shooting threes very well in comparison to their dismal showing in games.
    I'm on UNC, so I'll be silently cheering against them

TCamp15

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    They were shooting threes very well in comparison to their dismal showing in games.
    I'm on UNC, so I'll be silently cheering against them

Haha betting against your school nice haha...tell them guy they can continue to throw bricks up you wouldn't mind haha

hougigo

I'll probably try heckling them or something.
    Seriously.... I've faded ODU every time they were the favorite.

TCamp15

do they really have a home advantage?? i mean i would consider OD at maybe a 2 pt favorite but 6.5...no

WMtribe17
    WMtribe17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

UNCW is very, very, very bad on the road and have been for several years. Granted, it is tough to back ODU (especially when they are a 6.5 fave). I would just pass and save yourself the turmoil.

Mason might be a play tomorrow against Hofstra just for the sheer number of injuries/suspensions Hofstra has. Stephen Nwaukoni got hurt in the Drexel game and looked like he badly hurt his shoulder, which is a huge loss for them because of 1) his rebounding ability, and 2) Hofstra has no backup center. In all honesty, I was surprised to see him only listed as questionable because he looked like he couldn't even lift his arm up.

If he doesn't play, I think Hofstra will have about 9 available players (meaning awful players off the bench are going to see minutes), which is going to be very tough against a Mason team that is deep and runs a full-court press.

As much as I hate backing Mason since they have been on my CAA fade list, along with ODU & Drexel, it is going to be difficult to pass on them if Nwaukoni doesn't play.

TCamp15

Quote Originally Posted by WMtribe17 View Post
    UNCW is very, very, very bad on the road and have been for several years. Granted, it is tough to back ODU (especially when they are a 6.5 fave). I would just pass and save yourself the turmoil.

Mason might be a play tomorrow against Hofstra just for the sheer number of injuries/suspensions Hofstra has. Stephen Nwaukoni got hurt in the Drexel game and looked like he badly hurt his shoulder, which is a huge loss for them because of 1) his rebounding ability, and 2) Hofstra has no backup center. In all honesty, I was surprised to see him only listed as questionable because he looked like he couldn't even lift his arm up.

If he doesn't play, I think Hofstra will have about 9 available players (meaning awful players off the bench are going to see minutes), which is going to be very tough against a Mason team that is deep and runs a full-court press.

As much as I hate backing Mason since they have been on my CAA fade list, along with ODU & Drexel, it is going to be difficult to pass on them if Nwaukoni doesn't play.
    thanks for the insight will definitely look into this game tmrw i honestly haven't went deep into any game on the card tmrw just saw this line and was surprised.

Mozzie7
    Mozzie7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the George Mason call as i dont think hofstra is very good...even at home. I jumped on GM as soon as the lines were posted yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WMtribe17 View Post

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by TCamp15 View Post
    do they really have a home advantage?? i mean i would consider OD at maybe a 2 pt favorite but 6.5...no
    No so much anymore. After Bazemore left... interest in the school's men's team has plummeted. I haven't been to a game this season, but I'll come back and tell you the atmosphere. From what I've seen in the attitude of the kid's here.... they really don't care/not that excited.
    Even if UNC is bad on the road.... to lay 6.5 against a team that has been struggling all year (although playing better the last few games) is still a huge risk.

TCamp15

-7.5 now lol

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

the books are trying to mind penetrate you