moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Samford/Jacksonville State Total

Any thoughts on this one?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was looking at this game late last night, and I do have a very slight lean towards the under in this one.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I liked the over actually

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

I am considering putting a small amount on the UNDER, Samford likes to play at a snails pace if they can, and I see the total being in the 120s
    Last edited by turnip; 12-07-06 at 03:29 PM.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I set my own NCAA totals lines, and for this game, in the end, all I had was a "no idea at all - 30s?" note. The confidence numbers for the various totals outcomes were as low as they get in NCAA totals.

Samford does like to slow it down but they abandon that strategy often. The last game between these 2 went to 159.

Samford's slowdowns vs Fla and Ari this year are not very significant because those teams are so much better than Jax st. And anyway, those games were not slowed down lower than the range of this total. Given all the unknowns involved here, unless you have some game-specific research indicating one side or the other, betting the total is a coin flip.
    Last edited by The HG; 12-07-06 at 05:54 PM.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't know about the total but sure love the side:
    Both teams come in with a 2 – 4 record, however, Jacksonville has played the 274th ranked schedule. Samford has played the 10th ranked schedule in country. Samford has not won a road game but their road games came against S. Alabama, Arizona, Towson, and Florida. Samford won this game last year at Jacksonville State 90 – 69 but the revenge factor won’t come into play today. Samford has the better defense and gets their first road win of the season. lay the 4

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would strongly lean to under. JSU's coach is Mike LaPlante, and he will let the other team dictate tempo. He played a low-scoring game with Bill & Mary, and then the next night played a shootout with VMI. I don't think he will mind playing a low-scoring game here.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

went waaaay under, hope someone else cashed in