mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Betting halves in College Basketball

Is this the way to go? The past few days I have made a couple thousand dollars just by betting moneyline halves, particularly second halves. I think there's an advantage when a favorite has between a 0-5 point lead at half because of the way most games usually end. If a team is up around 5-7 points at the end of a game, the other team usually fouls and gives the leading team more points down the stretch, so I think there's a slight advantage betting with that. I did it for a few teams the past 2 days and with Missouri tonight and cashed easily on all of them. I'm not saying this is something groundbreaking or even a moneymaker, I'm just saying it might be something to look into, even if it is moneyline.

mcduggly

Another opportunity here with Louisville only up 2 at half against Seton Hall. Already cashed the first half.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Moneyline is -290 though, that's pretty steep. Good luck, I'll start looking into things like this, see what I can find.

Hammondr
    Hammondr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

my system although it really betting at half and most people probably do is to follow the handicap line like in Rugters St john match where rugters went out to big lead so decimated the handi cap earlier and i got St Johns at even money at scratch now there up by 4 at half time,

so i really just look for the favourite to go down points early and then back them at a reduced handi capp and hope they love up to there original hand capp
    Last edited by Hammondr; 01-09-13 at 07:24 PM.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I make most of my money from betting halves. Pick yyour spots. When the right "solid fav team" is down at half there is often value in a 2h play. Some overrated teams like Syracuse today are junky 1h on the road and could be a good bet. Over/unders 2h are good as well.
    Last edited by southpaw74; 01-09-13 at 07:26 PM.

mcduggly

Yup I agree, and more easy money with the Ville tonight.

infinite wisdom
    infinite wisdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4955

at this point in time, 2H moneylines are not as good as they were just a year ago.
    5Dimes has really increased their lay prices relative to the points involved.
    smaller lines are still OK, but value isnt there like it used to be on lines 3 or greater.
    in the old days 3 points used to be -170, today its often -200, and 5 points was <-250 but now >-300.
    just be aware of the price you are paying.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

its hard when u have to win 3 bets to cover 1 loss

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by infinite wisdom View Post
    at this point in time, 2H moneylines are not as good as they were just a year ago.
    5Dimes has really increased their lay prices relative to the points involved.
    smaller lines are still OK, but value isnt there like it used to be on lines 3 or greater.
    in the old days 3 points used to be -170, today its often -200, and 5 points was <-250 but now >-300.
    just be aware of the price you are paying.
    Yea, true, but I'm happy betting them if they are winning for me.

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    its hard when u have to win 3 bets to cover 1 loss

I've won 6 of thee the past 4 nights and haven't lost 1 yet. Hopefully that doesn't jinx me, but it's a fact.

mcduggly

And yet another extremely easy win with Creighton, winning the half by 20 some points.

yungcapper
    Update your status
    yungcapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2910

You should post up your pics before, always liked tailing you during football season.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by yungcapper View Post
    You should post up your pics before, always liked tailing you during football season.
    I'll post games that are in the range where I think are advantageous to bet moneylines for favorites in second halves so just people can decide whether this is a money maker or not. It's 7 for 7 the past 4 or so days, and I've made a lot of money, so might as well monitor it to see how it does going forward.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I'm not saying this is the smart thing to do. but I have took my bankroll from a 300$ deposit to a 3k balance after a 2800$ in withdrawals from betting first half chalk on home teams than are playing lower tier teams. of course if one goes down its gonna cost you big but i have been lucky enough to pick my spots well enough that that has not happened. now that conference play is kicking in, those opportunities are burning away.

It'sSoEasy
    It'sSoEasy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I'm not saying this is the smart thing to do. but I have took my bankroll from a 300$ deposit to a 3k balance after a 2800$ in withdrawals from betting first half chalk on home teams than are playing lower tier teams. of course if one goes down its gonna cost you big but i have been lucky enough to pick my spots well enough that that has not happened. now that conference play is kicking in, those opportunities are burning away.
    nice job,congrats. Now time to adjust and find different angles and advantages to squeeze out value. If you keep doing the same thing you will regress. It's the way this game works and the reason the books are in business.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by It'sSoEasy View Post
    nice job,congrats. Now time to adjust and find different angles and advantages to squeeze out value. If you keep doing the same thing you will regress. It's the way this game works and the reason the books are in business.
    absolutely. I will probably start looking at the dawgs now first half since conference play is so much tighter. looking at Villanova today first half. they should be around +600

mcduggly

Yea, I don't usually bet the first half chalk, but I bet the second half chalk if the favorite is either down or only up by several points.