ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you are thinking of betting Arizona -16 against So. Miss...

I have some interesting tid bits of info.

First, Arizona's size will decimate these poor bastards. Let's look at the starting lineup:

So. Miss: 5'11" - 6'0" - 6'5" - 6'5" - 6'5"

vs.

Arizona: 6'1" - 6'3" - 6'6" - 6'9" - 7'0"

To add to that, the first three players off Arizona's bench are 6'6", 6'10" and 6'10"

Second, our 6th man is currently the most offensively efficient player in America - and we're bringing him off of the bench, because 1) he loves and plays well in that role (think Jason Terry) 2) The kid playing in front of him is playing out of his mind (Nick Johnson, 17th ranked player in the nation).

Third, So. Miss will try and run a press against Arizona. Sean has played teams so far this year that have done this, and have done nothing but practice that the past 3 weeks. As a result, Arizona's current press break is damn near flawless.

Finally, because of So. Miss' penchant to press, and then transform into a 2-3 zone, the game will be of a high tempo, and Arizona will also be baited into taking many 3's (to shoot over the top of the zone). Arizona has remarkable 3 point shooters on the team, to include our star freshman 6'10 forward Grant Jerrett. Also, due to the size discrepancy, Arizona will absolutely dominate on the offensive boards.

I cannot take Arizona, because I made a pact with myself recently about betting on my home team - even though I am currently 4-0 ATS with this team so far this season.

Not going to tell you this is a lock, because it isn't. This is the best team Arizona has faced in Tucson thus far this season (schedule has been weak) - but Arizona can easily win this by around 30 points. 28 is the average margin of victory currently.

... if you take them, and it is hovering around the spread and you are feeling uncomfortable - due to our depth, we usually start pulling away in dramatic fashion around the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. Our guys are fresh from constant subbing patterns, while they're exhausted - especially if they've been pressing us for any main amount of time.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Your 6th man I am assuming is Kevin Parrom, "the most efficient player in America" then
    Nick Johnson, 17th ranked player in the nation, what and where are u finding these rankings? Whats the criteria?

But I as far as pick goes I dig your logic. Ashley and Hill should have a field day against this small front of Southern Miss

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Your 6th man I am assuming is Kevin Parrom, "the most efficient player in America" then
    Nick Johnson, 17th ranked player in the nation, what and where are u finding these rankings? Whats the criteria?

But I as far as pick goes I dig your logic. Ashley and Hill should have a field day against this small front of Southern Miss
    Kenpom. Efficiency ratings, which he uses to rank players. It's an awesome metric.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

so whats the play chalky?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
    so whats the play chalky?
    I have clicked on the box about 18 times since I wrote this last night, and logged off. I know I will give in last second, and lose on some backdoor cover due to the fact that we put our walk-ons in again, but at the 4 minute mark instead.

Today's card, I don't like too much. Except the Wyoming v. Illinois St. game is really interesting.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chalky..pull the trigger on one

BEARDOWNwildcats
    BEARDOWNwildcats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

I'm in tucson now. Not going to this game due to finals but I will say, I've taken are boys every game as well and its paid off, I am gonna ride till the streak ends. UA -16. #BEARDOWN

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

what a brutal game, like pulling teeth

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

2H play?

ChalkyDog

Didn't bet the game, but am putting down a nice chunk on Zona -12 2h. They win this game by 5 or more.

That was an absolute abortion of a 1st half. I haven't seen us play this bad, to include bahamas exhibition games.

ChalkyDog

Huge cover for my 2h. I bet only points for the game (150). Put down a 5 times bet for -12 2h.

I think there might be something there.

Easily the worst basketball Arizona has played this year, to include every practice I've seen. Absolutely not focused.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Well done chalky

ChalkyDog

Thanks, pal.

That was not easy. Surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops. Just got new people next door, and I never know.

Had the cops called 2 years ago during the Texas v. Arizona game in march.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Burned on the game spread, but got caught them for the 2H in a degenerate parlay.

I also have a ban on betting my teams, I'd recommend staying away, I rarely fade my team but it usually works out I have to say.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Arizona no where near the dominant team you have been predicting

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zona just had a bad game but still managed to win. I'll like them in many future games.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Arizona no where near the dominant team you have been predicting
    One thing I didn't include in my write up, that I wanted to but forgot, was the trap factor of this game.

We had 27 turnovers, and won. What else do you want?

ChalkyDog

After this game, and presuming the spread on the Clemson game is around Zona -3, I really really like that.

Sean will be spitting fire all week after this.

Also, Clemson runs a very tough man-to-man, which is what this 'Zona team was built for.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

only win of the penetrating night. Thought Southern Miss was a great play but I missed 5 others