zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Kendall Marshall practices and game time decision.

kid will play. tking UNC here. i have believed kansas have been frauds all year long and taylor plys like shit in big games and they have proved it in the tournament...they are very lucky to even be here right now. TAR HEELS

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

GO HEELS

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

interesting

i was kind of liking UNC at plus odds without him, not sure if it will be good if he is playing with a brace and in pain or whatever

zoo youk

well roy aid he was making shots in practice and its his non shooting hamd so....im sure theyll be giving him some type of shot for the pain.

zoo youk

anyone have any good updates on this? searching now myself.

zoo youk

interesting. Kansas' confidence seems broken in the locker room.

It took until the Elite Eight for UNC to face an opponent who has a blog on SBNation, but here we are. Given this type of corporate synergy, I couldn't help but ask the bloggers at Rock Chalk Talk. They'll run their own interview with me later today; until then, here's the questions I asked them.From the tone of Kansas's postgame interviews, you'd have thought that not only had N.C. State won, but the Wolfpack had stolen their girlfriends and kicked their pets, as well. With their recent shooting woes, what's the general mood of the team and their fans?I guess I can't speak for the team other than the fact that I do believe they think they are a much more capable offensive team than they've shown lately. I think our confidence might be a bit shaky on that end of the court.From a fan perspective I think we truly are grateful to have made it to this point and it's a little bit less pressure now heading into the Elite Eight. This team has completely overachieved when compared to expectations and that's always a fun thing as a fan. I think if Marshall were 100% healthy Kansas fans would probably head into this one thinking that UNC is a good team and let's see what we can do. With Marshall potentially out, there is a little more tendency to think that we might be able to pull out the win but by no means is anyone viewing the Tar Heels as anything less than the top seed in the region.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Marshall is not playing. Roy Williams is a terrible liar.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Marshall is not playing. Roy Williams is a terrible liar.
    Roy is the one who said if theres any pain he is not playing. if the kid practiced and was taking jump shots, he's playing. they'll shoot him up with something.

zoo youk

just looking for official confirmation.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Roy is the one who said if theres any pain he is not playing. if the kid practiced and was taking jump shots, he's playing. they'll shoot him up with something.
    this isn't just a pain issue. this is a dexterity/effectiveness issue. i don't think that you want to numb up your PG's off hand, that would be stupid. he's not playing. this is Roy Williams trying to give Kansas "something to think about." it's pretty transparent.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    this isn't just a pain issue. this is a dexterity/effectiveness issue. i don't think that you want to numb up your PG's off hand, that would be stupid. he's not playing. this is Roy Williams trying to give Kansas "something to think about." it's pretty transparent.
    the fact we are even talking about the possibility of him playing is because it is his non shooting hand. just his presence alone out there will give the UNC players such a boost of confidence and energy. he only needs to be 50% effective.

regardless if he doesn't play I still like UNC. Kansas is so lucky to even be here.

BiffTFinancial

the fact we are even talking about the possibility of him playing is because it is his non shooting hand. just his presence alone out there will give the UNC players such a boost of confidence and energy. he only needs to be 50% effective.

regardless if he doesn't play I still like UNC. Kansas is so lucky to even be here.
    sorry, but i have to disagree. PG is absolute key to Roy Williams' "offense." UNC doesn't need confidence and they don't need energy - they have both - they need someone to facilitate and move the ball amongst all of their very talented offensive players. Marshall is one of the most valuable players in the tourney because of what he does for UNC offense, and he needs both hands. without him, in halfcourt, UNC is a trainwreck given how talented they are. if he plays and is 50% effective, that will be very bad news for UNC.

zoo youk

rumors on twitter from reporters say the decision has been made and he is playing

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'd be shocked if Marshall does play and how effective he is today.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I doubt Marshall plays...

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he plays KU first half -1 could very well be a lock. a broken fkn hand . give me a break even lebron would suck with a broken hand

zoo youk

Biff T. Financial ‏ <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(204, 204, 204); ">@</s>BiffTFinancial

Talk of Kendall Marshall playing is silly. He's out, Roy Williams is a bad liar, & rumors are just that. UNC not starting a one-handed PG

zoo youk

hahahhahhah^^^^^ sbr own doing reporting on twitter

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    I doubt Marshall plays...
    in reality...what it comes down too...is if the kids parents allow the trainers to shoot him up.

zoo youk

http://twitter.com/#!/BiffTFinancial

looks like someone is looking for clientele

BiffTFinancial

hahahhahhah^^^^^ sbr own doing reporting on twitter
    scooped it now before Andy Katz and the like report it later.

BiffTFinancial

here's official word

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS
    Kendall Marshall will NOT play today against Kansas, sources confirmed to http://CBSSports.com. "He tried, but can't," one source said.

beat him by an hour.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Really hoped he would try to play so i could double up on Kansas.

zoo youk

??? they didn't even have shoot around yet. decision was supposed to be made after that.

zoo youk

and biff you did it by pure speculation (which it still is) and that guy is a reporter who is reporting speculation as well.

zoo youk

just saw this nevermind.

Marshall went through practice on a limited basis on Saturday, but had difficulty catching and passing the ball. It was then determined following Sunday's shoot around that he will be held out against the Jayhawks.

oh well! still think UNC advances regardless! Kansas is just that much of a fraud.

zoo youk

can't wait to see how long it takes ESPN to get wind and than them report it as they are breaking the news themselves. as per usual.