zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

anyone feeling the Gators tonight over Marquette?

I am for some reason by pure gut. have no write up or stats to back it up.

anyone with some reasoning?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

could totally see it.....i love brad beal....boynton and walker can be deadly...and pat young can be a beast....i hate erik murphy....gators dont have alot of depth with the bigs....but this team is certainly capable of playing like a 2 seed rather than a 7

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Brandon Lang.

zoo youk

I think they are a total mismatch for Quette. especially if they are shooting hot like they have been. they have been playing suffocating defense lately. Donovan really likes where this team is at right now.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Brandon Lang.
    yeah just saw that after I posted this thread.

oh well...even if he hits 20%..he still wins sometimes LOL

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see it happening... just don't think it will. Bradley Beal is their best player... problem is he's a freshman and the upperclassmen don't give him the opportunities he should get. If Florida has to play against a team with a big man inside and a team that will defend the three reasonably well they're screwed.

Florida will live and die by the 3 pointer tonight. They better hit at a solid % or Marquette will wear em out. And, aside from Donovan's two NC teams which were loaded he's shown a propensity to choke in the NCAA tourney.
    Last edited by Vol_Bengal; 03-22-12 at 12:27 PM.

zoo youk

Norfolk State pulled off an improbable win against second-seeded Missouri in the second round by a mere two points, but that in no way prepared the Spartans for what was about to take place against Florida two days later. Kenny Boynton led five Florida players in double digits with 20 points, followed by Erving Walker with 15. Bradley Beal added 14 points, to go along with nine rebounds, while Mike Rosario tacked on 12 points in 19 minutes off the bench. Erik Murphy chipped in 10 points, as the team made good on 10-of-28 behind the three-point line and held the Spartans to just 4-of-24 on the perimeter. Florida has now played a total of eight neutral site games this season, winning all but one of them, and over the course of those contests the team has outscored the competition by a margin of 17.5 ppg, converting 86 three-point baskets against just 36 for the opposition. Beal (17.8 ppg) and Boynton (15.9 ppg) have combined for 46 of those triples themselves, the former also taking care of action in the paint with a team-best 7.3 rpg on neutral floors. Walker (12.1 ppg) has shot only 39.4 percent in such outings, but he has been able to hand out close to five assists per game.

zoo youk

Sagarin actually has his predictor for Florida at 89.69 and Marquette 88.68. so def edge there getting 2 points as well.

zoo youk

too much of a coin toss. been doing to well to just go ahead and place a bet just on gut feeling.

gonna lay off this game and take Kentucky -5 in an open teaser that I'll finish later. thinking here is Wildcats have major revenge on their mind after the buzzer beater by Watford...they will be out with something to prove and look to destroy the Hoosiers.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I have Marquette making it to my final four but they have not looked that sharp at all. Yea, I could see Florida just out shooting them. They are getting guys open and knocking them down like clock work. Meanwhile Marquette has not seemed motivated. maybe this is where they step up and play like many expected??? Don't know but definitely wouldn't bet on it.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Marquette to the bank!

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    too much of a coin toss. been doing to well to just go ahead and place a bet just on gut feeling.

gonna lay off this game and take Kentucky -5 in an open teaser that I'll finish later. thinking here is Wildcats have major revenge on their mind after the buzzer beater by Watford...they will be out with something to prove and look to destroy the Hoosiers.
    Throw Baylor -2 in that teaser

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Same feeling here. No real solid opinion on any of the straight lines. had a real nice couple weeks. Gonna just play a small tease for 1U or so and sit back and enjoy.

Thinking I might try 3team 8pt ... Cinn +15.5, Ken -1, and Marq +6 although this breaks the cardinal sin of crossing 0. Worse of a sin in FB but still a sin.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am feeling Florida but not enough to bet them.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

florida +2 is the play

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I have a weird feeling about this game that florida wins, same as OP...

No reason just GUT

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post

Same feeling here. No real solid opinion on any of the straight lines. had a real nice couple weeks. Gonna just play a small tease for 1U or so and sit back and enjoy.

Thinking I might try 3team 8pt ... Cinn +15.5, Ken -1, and Marq +6 although this breaks the cardinal sin of crossing 0. Worse of a sin in FB but still a sin.
    NC State +16.5, Kentucky -1, and Wisconsin +11. Syracuse is on upset alert and the game will be played close

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I have a weird feeling about this game that florida wins, same as OP...

No reason just GUT
    I already took them on ML for a small play. As good as MU can be they tend to have these terrible let down games and think this will be one.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't see it....Florida has to hit lights out to win....I just think Marquette will be too much and have the athletes to hold Florida in check

I like all 4 Big East Squads tonight ATS.....And I think Louisville wins straight up, Cincinnati is a live dog as well

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

You got Lang on FL and Brock on Marquette. Wouldn't surprise me for final score to land on the number giving both of these solid cappers a push.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I already took them on ML for a small play. As good as MU can be they tend to have these terrible let down games and think this will be one.
    I don't think you have let down games in the sweet 16

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    You got Lang on FL and Brock on Marquette. Wouldn't surprise me for final score to land on the number giving both of these solid cappers a push.
    This has happened B4 believe it or not. Its was a college football game. A couple of guys called it B4 kickoff.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Throw Baylor -2 in that teaser
    I dont trust them against Xavier. they have no one to match up with Holloway and Lyons. I actually went with Michigan State. Louisville really struggles in the half court and MSU excels in half court defense..its gonna be hard for the Ville to come by points in this game. they are going to get killed on the glass as well. only way Cards pull this is out is if they force MSU into 15-20 turnovers and convert them into points but I dont see that happening as Appling and Wood are playing as well as they have all season. I dont buy that MSU is going to run with the Cards.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

coin flip, classic lang curse for the gators here.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lang /endthread

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Wont be easy but gators win!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I have Marquette making it to my final four but they have not looked that sharp at all. Yea, I could see Florida just out shooting them. They are getting guys open and knocking them down like clock work. Meanwhile Marquette has not seemed motivated. maybe this is where they step up and play like many expected??? Don't know but definitely wouldn't bet on it.
    marquette in your final 4 gets one of these

if you're playing florida maybe just do it for the 1st half, marquette is 17-2 ats in the last 19 2nd halves and i don't think that changes here.

marquette plays harder and is better conditioned. not sure why john said they haven't looked sharp, they crushed byu and then looked awesome (especially crowder) over the last 10 minutes against a very good murray state team.

when you get to this point no team is just going to win every game by 20 points, it's all about who has the bigger heart, determination, and will. for that i'll stick with marquette

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Patino said today he,s going to run at MSU if that helps any cappers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Florida a solid team
    Why not??

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Florida a solid team
    Why not??
    because Marquette is better, has the big east player of the year!

zoo youk

for the hters im not playing the gators here.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Lang has the Gators, if bet the Gators your brain is inside your morning shit after a half calf double decaffeinated half calf

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

when you bet the gators, you bet with lang...when you bet with lang, you become broke and homeless...when you become broke and homeless, you suck dick for spare change...

...dont suck dick for spare change, bet on marquette!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lonelynoob

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Florida is one of those teams that hasnt been performing when you expect them to and performing well otherwise.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    when you bet the gators, you bet with lang...when you bet with lang, you become broke and homeless...when you become broke and homeless, you suck dick for spare change...

...dont suck dick for spare change, bet on marquette!
    Well said!

12 Last