JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

What is the BEST way to score NCAA Brackets?

I've been playing in NCAA Brackets since I was around 12 and I've seen around 50 different ways that they are scored. Some are good.. and some are awful. This year I saw a new method that I hadn't seen before(not in NCAA Basketball anyway). Heritage has you rank each team from 1 to 64. 64 being the best and 1 being the worst. Every time a team wins... this is how many points you get according to how you ranked them. I love this! I know this is pretty complicated for an office pool but I honestly think this is the best way to score the NCAA brackets. I'm open to other arguments... what do you think is the best way to score it?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Anybody have an opinion on this? I would think there would be a mathematically correct answer.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is no "best" way and nothing mathematically to confirm anything. All subjective based on what you consider most important.

The best way I've always liked was 1 point for picking 1st round winners, 2 points for 2nd round winners, 4 points for 3rd round winners, 8 points for Great 8 winners, 12 for final 4 picks, 16 for champ game, and 24 or 32 for champion. It gives greater value for picking correct winners later into the bracket when the games are more difficult, more pressure, and "its for all the marbles so to speak"...

Could do lukewarm early rounds but pick all 8 Great 8's, all 4 final 4's, both champ teams, and champion and still win bracket because you picked the most important game winners accurately.