Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

The dumbest thing about this seeding process is....

Who fukking cares what these teams did 3 months ago... Who cares that Cincy lost to Presbyterian....

These squads are so much different this time of the year, they are much improved.

It should be more about how they are playing right now, and their should be more basketball guys saying things like "could this team make a run"...

Way too much wieght on these games played early in the season...

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Who fukking cares what these teams did 3 months ago... Who cares that Cincy lost to Presbyterian....

These squads are so much different this time of the year, they are much improved.

It should be more about how they are playing right now, and their should be more basketball guys saying things like "could this team make a run"...

Way too much wieght on these games played early in the season...
    Too complicated to take OOC out of the equation though b/c if some team from the MWC ends up on a 10 game winning streak, is it really better than someone in the Big 10 or Big East finishing 4-6?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Im not saying take it out of the equation but it needs to be looked more of a basketball standpoint.

If cincy played presbyterian right now, they be 25 point favorites...

Clearly a much different team...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The seeding is window dressing. Watch the teams play. I don't care where Duke is seeded they are not a top ten team right now. San Diego St will get a good seed, those bastards can't score inside. Watch the games, screw the seeds.

PickWinnerAllDay

Im not saying take it out of the equation but it needs to be looked more of a basketball standpoint.

If cincy played presbyterian right now, they be 25 point favorites...

Clearly a much different team...
    True... but teams from crappy conferences will always have fans say, 'oh, we deserve to be in or seeded higher b/c we ended strong' but the reality is, teams from power conferences have an uphill battle once conference play starts. They pound each other into oblivion and they shouldn't be punished for that.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

well not just seeding, but also when considering which bubble teams should get in...

I mean Seton Hall has an excellent PG, Big man, and wing player...

And can win a game or two, They need to look at the talent level...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    True... but teams from crappy conferences will always have fans say, 'oh, we deserve to be in or seeded higher b/c we ended strong' but the reality is, teams from power conferences have an uphill battle once conference play starts. They pound each other into oblivion and they shouldn't be punished for that.
    Yes I completely agree,

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

BYU should not be in this tournament over some off these other teams and everyone is just counting them in...

WAshington is a team who has a ton of talent as well who could make some noise...

PickWinnerAllDay

well not just seeding, but also when considering which bubble teams should get in...

Its a flawed system because it is based on personal opinion largely. Is Seton Hall really better than Northwestern? I don't think so, but they do have a better shot to get in since Northwestern has zero shot to get in.

I'm not too upset about it, Illinois got screwed a couple of years ago I think but these last teams in the field have little chance to do much anyway. VCU just got some miracle match ups.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

A good point, but a team like Creighton has the same thing. Also since there are so many young stars, teams with upperclassmen who can play are worth being in the tourney versus a bunch of names from the mcd's all american squad

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I'd take DRexel, Iona, washington, Seton Hall, Miss St, south florida all over BYU easily

PickWinnerAllDay

I'd take DRexel, Iona, washington, Seton Hall, Miss St, south florida all over BYU easily
    I'd take any east coast or midwest team over anyone in the west not named New Mexico... lol, west coast basketball is terrible.