Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Duke has no shot to make a run in the big dance...

They are so fukkin soft, they'll be lucky to make it to the second weekend...

Don't even deserve a 2 seed...

But im sure they'll be kept close to home and have an easy road, and still blow it...

Soft as a tissue...

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

no athleticism

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

They are terrible.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Look at Duke's track record over the past decade-plus in the NCAA Tournament.

By in large, they never make runs anymore. They're as fraudulent as Syracuse.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Look at Duke's track record over the past decade-plus in the NCAA Tournament.

By in large, they never make runs anymore. They're as fraudulent as Syracuse.

100 + college teams would love to be DUKE.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

LIU Brooklyn or Detroit could beat them in the first round

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

How's Syracuse fraudulent you stupid fukk And yes duke is terrible been all year

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

31-2 fraudulent you ahahahahahahahahahahaha

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Whole lot of teams creaming in their shorts to be as "terrible" as Duke.

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

K does a good job with the players he gets but he never lands the blue chip big men so his teams always live and die by the 3. Most of the real blue chippers go to the superior school down the street, except the one and doners who all go to KY.

ETA: Losing Ryan Kelly for the ACC tourney screwed up their spacing. But yeah they are very vulnerable, and I don't think they get past the 2nd round.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    100 + college teams would love to be DUKE.
    By Duke's standards, their track record in the NCAA Tournament since 2002 has been abysmal.

Of course 100+ college teams would love to be Duke. 300+ college teams would love to be Duke. That doesn't mean Duke has been walking the walk in the NCAA Tournament since '02 other than their one recent title run.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Coach K cannot make his players jump higher and run faster. Fla st had the best basketball roster today. UNC had the best basketball roster last saturday night. A Rivers is not really that good, he just looks good because of the stiffs he plays with at Duke.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Duke did win a national championship less than two years ago. Has everyone forgotten this?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Probably caused they play butler... I said the same thing earlier take the name of dukes jersey and they are a mid of the pack team.... if they get an athletic team in round 2 that can run.. they are toast.. ala... unlv... hope they lost in round 1 to liu or detriot.. **** duke

meader99

Wow.....Why all the animosity towards Duke? Because they win a lot of games every year? Really? Coach K has always handled himself and his team with class, never been involved in a scandal and they play the game the right way. As for Rivers not being that good......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i agree. Duke will not make the final four.
    Neithet will kansas or syracuse

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i used to like duke but this years team has really turned me off towards the program

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get a real book with great lines and fade the Yankees, Lakers and Duke every game and tell me how much you've won, it'll be a lot the 3 teams whom the books continuously inflate lines of.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    Get a real book with great lines and fade the Yankees, Lakers and Duke every game and tell me how much you've won, it'll be a lot the 3 teams whom the books continuously inflate lines of.
    You left out the Cowboys and Tarheels.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    You left out the Cowboys and Tarheels.
    they're both still top 10...Red Wings actually were top 3 but some caught on to that home winning streak and books took a bath on that. Pats were up there too...most west coast teams are heavily inflated as well cause the degens need the action and will willing lay -200 to -400+ on teams they know nothing about.

Russinat
    Russinat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5809

Teams with line inflation: Add Steelers, Packers and ND football

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

should be a 6 seed at best

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

6 seed? Lol. Are we going to seed teams based on results or bias? Duke is soft and not athletic but they did have some impressive wins against Kansas, Mich St, UNC on the road, and Florida St on the road. By the way all 4 of those games were non home games. They deserve a 3.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love this time of the year with all the armchair point guards out there who know the future. Tell me who is cuttin' the nets down so I can put my fortune on them in futures!

The draw is everything. You know the committee always ***** up and makes one region supremely tougher than the others and there's always one where it's a cupcake draw potentially for the top dogs. We'll see tomorrow where Duke is. I don't think anyone is under the impression that they are a great team. They are a good team that can beat a lot of teams when their threes are dropping. When they don't get a lot from their perimeter players, they'll struggle - but that's not something that is exclusive to Duke. I can think of a half dozen teams that are built that way.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6955

I am going all in on the ML of the first team Duke plays in the tournament.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

it will be Kentucky vs. UNC

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Duke will be a #2 seed.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I predict Duke loses in the 2nd round.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

THey are not a sweet 16 team. ive never seen a team rely heavily on 2 people. no depth, no toughness, no hands, etc. etc. very poor team that seems to lack the discpline of your typical mike chef team

tdforte22
    FSU
    tdforte22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by mikea33 View Post
    THey are not a sweet 16 team. ive never seen a team rely heavily on 2 people. no depth, no toughness, no hands, etc. etc. very poor team that seems to lack the discpline of your typical mike chef team
    So-- Your telling me that they will lose to a #15 seed or a 7 or 10 West Virginia type team?

Seriously?

This team will get to the sweet sixteen easily..

Florida State is a tough draw, dont think because they lost to them that duke is crap..

Duke will lose in the sweet sixteen ROUND or the elite eight.. I would say to book it

BUT-- It all depends on if Ryan Kelly plays in the tourny-- They would have won with him in today.. He is VITAL in spreading out the offense and getting the paint open for Rivers to drive the lane.

I know this team very well-- As I've watched 20 or so of their games this year.. They arent the classic Duke team, but they are still Duke and still have Coach K.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Yes, that is what I am telling you. They have coach K and that is it. Albeit if Rivers and company are hot they can beat ANYONE, that also brings up the same point if there cold they can lose to ANYONE.

I've watched them play many times, and they are not very good. Besides catching fire against UNC, they would have had 2 double digit losses to UNC. That first win was a fluke, face it. They got dominated for 35 minutes. Got dominated all 40 today, and against UNC. They are not good enough in any aspect. If they make a deep run, there 3PFG % would have to be sky high.

Now Coach K is the best coach in the country, I have watched Duke practice numerous times (not this group) and it is like an army get-to-gether. I wil never forget it, Xavier and Pitt were doing halfcourt contests and dunks. Then Duke comes on all business, starts out with the jump rope, all in an orderly fashion, etc. From the second they stepped on the court til' they had left it, it was all business.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 633

Duke is overrated but Louisville is just the kind of team they can beat

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I grew up a huge Duke fan being that my old man went to school there, and watching the team this year, I couldn't help but reminded of that Duke squad that lost to VCU a few years ago.

Duke's roster is really not that good.

Seth Curry was playing D-II basketball a couple years ago.

Andre Dawkins should still be a sophomore.

Tyler Thornton is a solid bench guy but nothing more.

Ryan Kelly was recruited more because he's a local product than anything else, and is a major weak link defensively, even though I think he's developed better than any Duke fans could hope for.

Miles Plumlee's skill set is not top tier, clearly. His ceiling is Brian Zoubekian, which is fine when you can count on points from Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, and Jon Scheyer, but when Seth Curry is your most steady perimeter option, that spells trouble.

Mason Plumlee has never seemed to figure out how to use his size/agility effectively and is a terrible shooter.

And then you have Rivers, who save for a couple games this season when his 3 was falling, looked like a typical freshman trying to shoulder too much of the load. He is everything Duke-haters have accused Duke players of being in the past, and with good reason. He's the first Duke player I've ever actually hated.

I'm actually a little surprised they won as many games as they did and were a OT loss to Miami and buzzer beater to FSU away from winning the regular season in the ACC. I was down on this team all year, and figured eventually their weak spots would get exposed. Outside of that shell-shocking victory in Chapel Hill, Duke hasn't done jack against quality comp since November. I could see this team losing in the second round myself. I wouldn't be shocked if they eeked out an elite 8 or Final Four spot depending on the bracket breakdown, but, considering all the teams who pose match-up problems for them, I just don't see how they survive.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Probably caused they play butler..
    You mean the same Butler team who returned to the national title game the very next season?

That was a solid squad, and certainly better than the Michigan State team UNC beat for the title the previous season.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    You mean the same Butler team who returned to the national title game the very next season?

That was a solid squad, and certainly better than the Michigan State team UNC beat for the title the previous season.
    lol no they were not. Regardless 09'-10' UNC was WAY better than the Duke team that won it all the following year.

12 Last