Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14781

Time to Build a BR for the BIG DANCE

Iowa +11
    I like that Iowa was able to close the deal at a neutral site vs. Illi where Sparts couldn't. I also like that The Hawkeyes haven't lost by more than 11 in their last 7 games. I don't like that State pummeled Iowa by more than 30 this year. I like that Iowa was able to easily beat The Badgers in both meetings this season.

NC-15.5
    I don't like these things about the Terrapins

• Terrapins are 7-16-1 ATS in their last 24 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
    • Terrapins are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
    • Terrapins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.

I like that the Heels have covered the spread 7 times in their last 8 games vs ACC teams. I like that N.C.

Kentucky -16.5
    I like that Kentucky has the greatest player in the Nation this year & that they are utterly unstoppable.
    I like that AD will score more than 22 points tomorrow!!!
    I don't think anyone likes that LSU lost to MISS by 24 where The Cats were able to pump Ole Miss by 15.
    I like that Kentucky beat teams that LSU couldn't hope to play with this year like Louisville, North Carolina & Kansas.

Wisconsin/IND over
    I dont like that the books are going to make a killing off this game because no one know what to take!
    I like that this over under will open at about 117 or 118.5. I havent seen an over/ under for this game but if it set at less than 119.5 I am all over the over.

Virginia -2
    I like that Virginia was able to beat the Pack on the road this year. I like that Virginia has won & covered everytime these two play dating back to Jan or Feb of 2009. I also like these things about Virginia...

• Cavaliers are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games following a ATS loss.
    • Cavaliers are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.

I dont like that Clemson pumped Virginia & State took them to OT.

St. Jo's M/L
    I like that St Jo's is 23-9 ATS in their last 32 games. I like that St. Jo's are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 road games. I like that St. Jo's has covered 9 of the 10 spreads against the Bonnies.
    I dont like that St. Bonaventure beat St. Jo's 2 weeks ago. I dont like that St Jo's had a bad loss to Richmond where the Bonnies were able to beat them.

Florida -3.5
    I like that Bama's unreal run is coming to an end today. I like that I made my biggest hit of 2011 on the Tide. What you won't like is that it was on the football team. This is a football school. I like that Florida is well rested & that they were able to beat Bamma by 9 IN BAMMA. Nobady can like this about Bamma

• Crimson Tide are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 neutral site games.
    • Crimson Tide are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games following a ATS loss.

Gators are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 Neutral site games.

Michigan M/L
    I haven't seen any lines for this game yet but similarly to Bamma this horrible has run outta time. Gophers are so bad that they were on a 6 game losing streak before the tourney started. I like these things about the Wolverines

• Wolverines are 24-7 ATS in their last 31 vs. Big Ten.
    • Wolverines are 36-16-1 ATS in their last 53 games overall.
    • Wolverines are 35-16-1 ATS in their last 52 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.

I like that the Gophers are 9-22 in theor last 31 games vs. a team with a straight up winning record.

Syracuse Orange win this game. If you need a write up you should stick to hockey or soccer today!

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't you like Va Tech over NC State too?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Are you talking about March 4th?

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Nice picks, but I wouldn't put much weight behind data that isn't from this/last yr in CBB

Different players in this 1 n done system we have now

Frisco

Yea.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Yes

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Nice picks, but I wouldn't put much weight behind data that isn't from this/last yr in CBB

Different players in this 1 n done system we have now
    Coaches remain generally the same & the players typically change completely every 4 years (I try not to include many stats referring to 2007 or earlier)

This being said I totally agree with you.

Frisco

Personally, i like State in another must win. As long as their bigs stay out of foul trouble they should pull out the W imo

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Didn't you like Va Tech over NC State too?
    Like the Pizza after the bar tonight....Why do you gotta bring up old shit!

You're gonna like this even less. Guess who I like in the Duke game???
    I dont know, I havent gone 100% since I've started posting in the College ball threads but, I think that VT has been horrible vs. the spread but so has Duke. VT loses vs. the line because they tend to turn the ball over too much in the 2nd 1/2. Duke never covers because the linemakers over value them & the public influences this after open.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

i wouldn't sleep on the Pack tomorrow

they play LIGHTS OUT in the ACC tournament...have been doing it since I was born...no matter WHAT or WHO or WHEN WHERE WHY OR HOW...NC STATE is MONEY in the TOURNEY

Frisco

That and they are still on the outside looking in. I disagree w/ the 'experts' who still have teams like Seton Hall and Northwestern in front of them. They should be one of the last 4 in or at least the 1st of the last 4 out.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

VT +10.5
    I like that the linemakers will over value Duke today & then the betting public will push this line even further. I think that if this line opens at 7.5 - 9 I would steer clear of this game. I am all over VT at +10.5 or higher.
    VT is terrible against the points because they turn the ball over a lot in the 2nd 1/2. Duke is an awful ATS as well but this is because the public overvalues them after the linermakers do so as well. I like that the Devils are 2-5 in their last 7 neutral site games.

Tenn -4
    I like that the Volunteers have been undervalued in their last 4 games & have covered 8 of their last 9 spreads. I don't like that Ole Miss has won it's last 4 games against the spread but I like that before that they only covered once in the previous 5.
    I like these things about Tenn

• Volunteers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
    • Volunteers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Southeastern.
    • Volunteers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
    • Volunteers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
    • Volunteers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    • Volunteers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.

Vols can open at less than 4 or 4.5 I would take them, I wouldn't take Miss unless the line exceeds 7.

Baylor +6.5
    I like that Kansas is 1-6 in thier last 7 following a SU win & an ATS win.
    I like this about Baylor

• Bears are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 neutral site games as an underdog.
    • Bears are 11-24 ATS in their last 35 vs. Big 12.

I dont like that Kansas is on a 9 game winning streak since a 3 point loss to MIZZOU, I also don't like that MIZZOU took care of Baylor by 20 points.

OSU/Purdue under
    I like that this is the end of the line for Purdue. although they have played extremely well, perhaps over their heads there is no way they win this game. I like the under in this game even though I have not seen a line yet. I like that the over will be set way to high because of the way these two teams played against each other lately. Under 127 is likely & under 130 is where I'd like to get my money in.

Louisville M/L
    I like that Louisville is looking like they could win the Big East. I like that my high school basketball team could have beat The Irish last night, at least in the 1st 9 minutes of the 2nd 1/2.
    I like that ND lost to Rutgers & St. John's. I like that Louisville hasn't lost to any Big East chumps.
    I don't see a line yet but, I would expect a tight game but I like The Cards to come out on top by at least a FG.

Miami FSU under
    I only like this under if the linemakers over estimate the total based on the last meeting between these two teams. This line should open at 134 or 135 & would take the under. I would love it if this opened at 141 or 142.5. If this over/under opens at less than 130 I would switch to the over.
    I also like this about the under

• Under is 4-1 in Seminoles last 5 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    • Under is 26-8-2 in Seminoles last 36 neutral site games.

Colorado St. +6

I like that SD lost to AF while Col St was able to beat them both time this year. I like that it took OT for SD to beat Wyoming & Col St. beat them by ten. I like that SD St. lost S.U. to UNLV & that Col St. beat them. I like that SD needed OT to beat TCU where Col St. beat them last night by 21.
    I dont like that SD beat Col St. this year. I hope that Col St. gets 5.5 points or more & would take them at +6 or better.

Arizona M/L
    I dont like that Oregon St won their last 4 games, I do like that they lost their previous 5. I dont really like this game at all unless the books have this game set as a pick, in which case I would take ZONA.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

So far it looks like I will garner alot of fades on my Virginia pick.
    My 5* pick so far would have to be Kentucky -16.5 & St Jo's M/L & Michigan M/L.
    When the lines come out for these other games I will try to cap them better.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Did Michigan St. really score more points in the 1st half, than South Florida scored in their entire OVERTIME game?
    Sorry for that Hawkeye's pick
    Heels came through to cover the 15.5

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Did Michigan St. really score more points in the 1st half, than South Florida scored in their entire OVERTIME game?
    Sorry for that Hawkeye's pick
    Heels came through to cover the 15.5

watch out for that bama game just saying

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

1-2 so far

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10524

lot of games , gl jay

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You're second round of games looks a lot better than your first.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Not really
    5-3
    stunk it up.
    lost all my BR on the Cuse & UNLV.
    Im broke for the tourney now.
    LOL