stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32489

Fairfeld -2.5 over Loyola (Md.)

Yes, I know, I am a season ticket holding, Fairfield Stag homer, but I am confident Stags get it done tonight.

They are -2.5 for a reason.
    Stags played Loyola tough in January in Maryland losing by three but covered as a five point dog.
    Stags whooped the Greyhounds by 17 last month covering that one easily as well.

Stags defense > Greyhound offense

True, Iona scored 75 in their defeat to the Stags last night, but Iona led the nation in scoring with 83+ per game.
    Stags held St. Peter's to 38, game before that held Loyola to 51 in that win, and everybody else after that in the 60's or less.

Greyhounds don't have the type of offense that causes trouble for Fairfileld, who plays that Princeton defense coached by Sid Johnson.

Even though Ed Cooley (now at Providence) and Sid Johnson (former head coach Princeton) are defensive minded coaches, they coach two different styles of defenses, and it took Needham, Sanders, and Olander 1/2 a season to get used to the new system.

Stags have won 9 out of their last 12.
    Final reason to like my homeboy Stags, public is on Loyola (65%)

Fade is you want, but when it's all said and done, Stags will be seven point winners, and MAAC champs !

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks. Steve

Im steve nash bitches

stevenash

^
    You still remember that post lol

BoL Arnie

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

good luck nash

as much as i love dog racing, i can never bet against a team named the greyhounds though

stevenash

I like most of the nicknames in the MAAC

Good luck MM