Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Wvu tonight??? Don't make me laugh..

If line was marquette -3.5 everyone would be all over it but now that mu is the dog everyone is calling it a trap game...don't buy that crap....golden eagles are the better team....people are calling wvu motivated.. What have they done to make you think they are motivated?? Get their crap kicked in?? I see wvu as a team ready to throw in the towel and a mu team ready to lock up a 1 seed....golden eagles roll!

WVUsuperfan
    WVUsuperfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1091

you must be joking if you think Marquette is going to get a #1 seed.. that made me laugh

Finch Dinero
    Finch Dinero's Avatar Become A Pro!

WVU is going to get smashed, I'm all over marquette +1.5. "Trap" my ass

WVUsuperfan

Im not saying that wvu is going to win.. we are way too young at this point.. and if truck or kj are off then we are hard to watch.. ill be frank about that.. but there is no way in hell that marquette is going to be a #1 seed in the tourney as the op suggests

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Hate to break it to you but 2 #1 seeds are firmly locked up already: Kentucky and Syracuse, which means there are only two up for grabs and between Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, UNC it is extremely unlikely that Marquette will get a #1. They would have to win out, then win the big east tourney, and then they would still need some of these teams to have some losses coming down the end.

While I love marquette and think they are solid this year and deserving of a high seed, they are #3 in the big east at best right now, Syracuse and Notre Dame are both better than them right now.

#1 just not happening.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Marquette wins by a half dozen tonight. Dont over think it.

wvu14274
    wvu14274's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Reliable thread when you say Marquette and 1 seed in the same sentence

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Hate to break it to you but 2 #1 seeds are firmly locked up already: Kentucky and Syracuse, which means there are only two up for grabs and between Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, UNC it is extremely unlikely that Marquette will get a #1. They would have to win out, then win the big east tourney, and then they would still need some of these teams to have some losses coming down the end.

While I love marquette and think they are solid this year and deserving of a high seed, they are #3 in the big east at best right now, Syracuse and Notre Dame are both better than them right now.

#1 just not happening.
    like i said if they win out they get the #1 seed and big deal no duh that Kentucky and Syracuse are #1 seeds you still have 2 other spots

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by WVUsuperfan View Post
    you must be joking if you think Marquette is going to get a #1 seed.. that made me laugh
    im not joking man I understand college basketball better then a lot of you fools and its still a possibility that they clinch a #1 seed its not out of the question at all

Luckotheirish
    Luckotheirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Really not that absurd when you think about it. At worst they finish regular season play at 25-6 Maybe 24-7 and lose that 3 seed in the big east tourney. The Way the big east is shaping up try should be able to land the 3. They got a very good shot of making it to the finals agaisnt a presumed unreal 'cuse team. However they match up pretty well, hypothetically speaking of course: they win the tourney they'll be 29-6, 28-7 depending on seeding. Winning the best conference in basketball tourney, beating off the #2 team in country on top of another top 15 in semis. Kentucky Cuse Kansas Marquette will be your #1 seeds if the golden eagles win the big east tourney. If they fail to do so, probably end up seeing the ACC tournament winner, assuming its UNC or Duke and not FSU.

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckotheirish View Post
    Really not that absurd when you think about it. At worst they finish regular season play at 25-6 Maybe 24-7 and lose that 3 seed in the big east tourney. The Way the big east is shaping up try should be able to land the 3. They got a very good shot of making it to the finals agaisnt a presumed unreal 'cuse team. However they match up pretty well, hypothetically speaking of course: they win the tourney they'll be 29-6, 28-7 depending on seeding. Winning the best conference in basketball tourney, beating off the #2 team in country on top of another top 15 in semis. Kentucky Cuse Kansas Marquette will be your #1 seeds if the golden eagles win the big east tourney. If they fail to do so, probably end up seeing the ACC tournament winner, assuming its UNC or Duke and not FSU.

Great analysis!

EZ

WVUsuperfan

dude was i even talking to you? No i dont believe I was.. so zip it.. and if you look the original poster is talking like they are looking to lock up the #1 seed when in fact they will have to win out to do so.. far from locking it up buddy

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    im not joking man I understand college basketball better then a lot of you fools and its still a possibility that they clinch a #1 seed its not out of the question at all

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

west virginia 1st half is the play

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Wvu sucks the world will see
    Tonight

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Do you ever look at who the home team and who the away team is??? Look at WVU at Home and notice they've only lost 3 conference games at home and upset Georgetown. Look at Marquette on the road. All three conference losses have been on the road. Now I would think Marquette does cover but still its not as easy as you are saying it will be.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    like i said if they win out they get the #1 seed and big deal no duh that Kentucky and Syracuse are #1 seeds you still have 2 other spots

My point being that with 2 already locked up, and at Least 4 teams ahead of for the #1 seeds, it is unlikely, but hey anything is possible. I don't see Marquette winning the big east tourney but if they get the right matchups they can do it, I do think that Marquette is better than Georgetown though.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

WVU wins tonight & UCONN wins tomorrow, still no chance they are #1 in the nation.
    Can they even gain a #1 seed in the Big East Championship, that that scenerio comes to fruition?

that being said.
    Marquette still demolishes WVU tonight
    Up by at least 5 at 1/2!

GL

Mr. Peepers

Bank bro....gonna be bumping this thread when mu knocks off fuse in the big east tourney

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

lol @ the people trying to say take WVU... they even got a free 20 minutes to run up a big lead and couldn't build it up big enough... losers

i love marquette.... will be ready to pounce on them in the NCAA tourney

Mr. Peepers

Mu 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th man as good or better then most teams starters....just wait til next yr...2012 class is rediculous

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

BTW, how come no one in any thread I read on here was aware that the Eagles were gonna bench 3 starters on a coach's suspension?