Purdue +14 @ Ohio State - $100 to win $91
    Ohio State/Purdue OVER 128 $150 to win $136
    Maryland/Clemson over 134.5 $100 to win $91
    Maryland +9 $100 to win $91
    Florida +9 @ Kentucky - $100 to win $91
    Florida ML +375 $30 to win $112.50
    Maryland ML +360 $30 to win $108.00
    Providence ML +320 $30 to win $96.00

Useless Parlay... Providence, Maryland, Florida ML +9080. $10 to win $908.

Wow, it's scary that i'm leaning towards all road teams that I'm taking sides on.
    Thoughts here SBR?

I like Providence +8 and Iowa State +2.5 the most.

Providence shoots a better fg% and from the 3 pt mark, plays better D, gets more blocks, and has a better assist/turnover ratio. They don't have any injuries, so confused why the line is so high.

Oklahoma State beat Mizzouri at home... Okay, that's it. I can't find any positives to say about them. Iowa State beat Kansas and Kansas State recently (granted, they were at home). The only way Oklahoma State has a chance in this game (in my opinion) is if they slow the game down. That makes me want to bet the under 138.5 a little bit as well. Iowa State is just hands-down better. but the low line is TERRIFYING to me. Is it a trap?

Purdue is going to play Ohio State hard, think they keep it in the 8-12 range. I know Robbie Hummel hasn't been the same this year, but he's due for that game where he breaks out. I like Lewis Jackson in this game tonight as well. I think they hold Sullinger/Thomas/Buford under 50, which I think will keep them in the game... at least within 15. OSU's been known to blow out teams at home though, so I'm going back and forth on it. Is the over 128.5 a play?

Alabama is one of those weird teams where it seems that they play to the level of their competition. They have some real talent in JaMychal Green and Trevor Releford. I could see either/both of these guys going for 20. According to covers.com, line opened up at 6.5, it's down to 5. Wonder if it'll move anymore by tonight. Bama is also better in every statistical category than Auburn w/ the exception of bench play and 3 pt shooting.

Maryland has Terrell Stoglin. Not much else on their team, but some capable role players. I feel like Devin Booker is going to have a big game tonight for Clemson. I'd be willing to bet he has at least 2 OREBS and put backs. I just get this feeling that Maryland's really going to show up tonight though. This would be a huge loss for Maryland's slim tournament chances, so I think they'll shoot lights out. Maryland has given up 83, 90, 69, 74, 73, 84 pts their last 6 games. Clemson does have a slightly better defense, but this is going to be a fast-tempo game. I'd bet each team puts up 65+. A 70-65 score gets the over, but I expect more points than that. Debating if Maryland +7.5 is a play.

I know Kentucky has been EXTREMELY hot lately, but 9 is a lot to give to a good team in Florida. Florida makes so many big shots, that I think I'm going to throw a small amount on the money line. It's at +380 right now on 5D, but my balance is on BI and not posted yet. The thing is that Kentucky is so young that I can see them having an off-night here. I'll prob bet Florida 1h, a small bet on the Florida ML, and very possibly under 142.

Anyways, those are my early leans. Will do more research. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by RyanLeafOfBets; 02-07-12 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Updated plays

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Leafy great write ups
    Fuk me your making a massive run for potm

Check my spreadsheet as I have 2 or 3 of your games also.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

line shop a bit if you have multiple outs you have a couple 1/2 points out there...other than that looks like a good card. what shops you use?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Auburn +5

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I'm only on BetIslands at the moment. Once I hit rollover and cash out, I may deposit on a couple books.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Auburn +5
    You think Smoke? I'm not sure half Auburn's players could fight their way out of a wet paper bag...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I got Florida +9.5 at opener.

Looking for a close game.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    You think Smoke? I'm not sure half Auburn's players could fight their way out of a wet paper bag...
    They play well at home. If you have profits to gamble its a good bet. If you need a win badly I would bet different game. gl

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

locked in Florida +9 $100 to win $91.
    Maryland line jumped from +7.5 to +9. Prob gonna bet that. Maryland's gonna make Vegas money.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

They play well at home. If you have profits to gamble its a good bet. If you need a win badly I would bet different game. gl
    I've been fortunate... my airbets have been paying off. Got money to burn. Want to see if the line moves anymore. You got a play today Smokey? And is your streak still going on!?

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Another note... Evansville is somehow only +5.5 against Creighton. over is 154. I can't bet against Evansville, but Creighton looks like a good play 1h. Evansville and Creighton are both great 2h teams. I'll prob bet pretty big on the 2h over, especially if 1h is slow.

Smoke

here is good article on game

-- Just across the street from Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum, the Auburn Tigers are doing something that seemed unlikely in their gloomy old home.
    Auburn is playing with confidence and swagger and doing it front of crowds that are louder and more passionate, if not necessarily bigger, than just two seasons ago.
    The Tigers are also winning almost all the time at Auburn Arena, which hasn't hurt either.
    Alabama (15-7, 4-4 SEC) and Auburn (13-10, 3-6) tip off today at 8 p.m. at Auburn Arena. Tickets were still available as of Monday afternoon, although a sell-out is possible. The game will be televised by ESPNU.
    The Tide is favored by 6.5 points, but few would be surprised by an Auburn upset. The SEC is always a tough on road teams, but this year the advantage has been even more pronounced. Take away Kentucky, Florida and Vanderbilt -- likely the league's three best teams -- and SEC teams are a woeful 3-34 on the road in conference play.
    Auburn has been no exception. The Tigers are 12-1 at their second-year arena, losing only to then-No. 2 Kentucky in a game far closer than most expected.
    "We had a goal this year not to lose any games on our home floor," said Auburn coach Tony Barbee. "We've only lost one, and we'd like to keep it at one."
    The new arena seats only 9,121, so a crowd of about 6,000 seems better than it did in the old Beard-Eaves -- which had a capacity of 10,500 to 12,000, depending on configuration.
    Most important has been the addition of students, who are given three-fourths of the prime seating close the floor. The section is routinely sold out, even for minor games. For SEC games, it is typically full well before tip-off.
    "It's more compact," said senior Kenny Gabriel, who has played in both buildings. "If there's maybe 5 or 6,000 people in there it looks like 9. And it gets real loud. That's one thing as a player you like hear that crowd -- after you score a basket or take a charge or the other team turns the ball over. That's one thing that's different between Beard-Eaves and here is just the crowd noise."
    While Auburn is coming off a narrow road loss at Mississippi State, the Tide survived double-overtime to beat Ole Miss in Tuscaloosa.
    Alabama announced Monday that forward Tony Mitchell, the team's second-leading scorer, had been suspended indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team."
    Barbee learned of the suspension just as he stepped off the practice floor.
    "I didn't know that," he said. "He's a fantastic player. The bottom line is it doesn't mean a thing for this game. In these Rivalry games, it doesn't matter the coaches, it doesn't matter the personnel that's on the floor, it doesn't matter if one team's ranked No. 1 in the country and one team is the worst in the land. It does not matter. These games like this are always played at a high level regardless of who the personnel is."

Coach Tony Barbee previews Auburn-Alabama, and takes look at his TigersAuburn's head coach will play host to the Crimson Tide on Tuesday night Watch video

Alabama has won two after dropping four games in a row, prompting coach Anthony Grant to call out his team's "entitled brand of basketball."
    Grant said he had seen progress since then, but he judged his team's unselfishness "day by day" and "game by game."
    "I think we have to be able to stay in the present," Grant said. "We lost four games in a row and as bad as it was, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. When we won our first seven, it wasn't as good as it was made out to be. That's what happens over the course of the season

Smoke

I've been fortunate... my airbets have been paying off. Got money to burn. Want to see if the line moves anymore. You got a play today Smokey? And is your streak still going on!?
    Auburn is only one I got so far need to crunch more numbers. Nope streak ended on Sunday when Michigan couldn't cover but I've reeled off a couple wins yesterday on Marquette -10 and 2nd half

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Auburn is only one I got so far need to crunch more numbers. Nope streak ended on Sunday when Michigan couldn't cover but I've reeled off a couple wins yesterday on Marquette -10 and 2nd half
    Dang, I got on Marquette -7.5 2h. Either way, both winners!

You've talked me out of Auburn/Bama game (at least I think).

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Locked in Purdue +14, down from 14.5

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Locked in Providence +8 (even if line moves, don't think will matter) and Maryland +9 (this line makes me )

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Iowa State +2 (down from 2.5) $100 to win $91

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Not saying you won't win any of them but for amusement check this out.....

NCB: What will be the GAME RESULT?
    7:00 PM

NCB
    Maryland: Win or Single Digit Loss--Not Started
    98.6%
    @ Clemson: Wins by Double Digits--1.4%

NCB: Who will WIN this matchup?
    7:00 PM

NCB
    Iowa State Cyclones (17-6)--Preview
    92.1%
    @ Oklahoma State Cowboys (11-12)--7.9%

All the "capping" you do is just thinking the same as everyone else.

It's actually an interesting card tonight from a betting point of view.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not saying you won't win any of them but for amusement check this out..... NCB: What will be the GAME RESULT?
    7:00 PM NCB Maryland: Win or Single Digit Loss--Not Started 98.6%
    @ Clemson: Wins by Double Digits--1.4%
    NCB: Who will WIN this matchup?
    7:00 PM NCB Iowa State Cyclones (17-6)--Preview 92.1%
    @ Oklahoma State Cowboys (11-12)--7.9%
    All the "capping" you do is just thinking the same as everyone else. It's actually an interesting card tonight from a betting point of view.
    Oh dear. Mark those two as losers. ESPN Streak for the cash means guaranteed loss!!!
    I hate ESPN Streak For The Cash hahaa

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Picks are in... tail me or fade me!

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

7-5-1 yesterday pre-tilt (I actually got Iowa State +2, not 2.5) +310
    3 of my losses were chump change on longshots (although Providence should've won straight up)

JJ, more write-ups to come today buddy.