DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Arkansas is a Live Dog Tonight?

Arkansas plays extremely well at home.
    Bud Walton is expecting a loud 80% crowd tonight.

If Arkansas can stay undefeated at home this year and steal 1 or 2 road games this year,
    they can easily find themselves in the big dance. You better believe they know this.

They have LSU on the road after this game, an LSU team they have already beaten.

I realize Vandy, now that they have their inside man back, are a legit conference contender (with the exception of Kentucky), but it is tough to shoot in Bud Walton when it is loud, and Vandy relies heavily on the 3..

these are just thoughts, I'm just putting some info out there, have not taken the bet yet..

at first glance I like the Ark ML

anybody else like the look of this?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i'm on Arky +2' and have been itching all day to put a unit on the ML.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i'm on Arky +2' and have been itching all day to put a unit on the ML.
    There are a lot of 2.5's out there Biff.

theangryelf
    theangryelf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Vanderbilt may be the easiest play of the night. Don't over think this.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by theangryelf View Post
    Vanderbilt may be the easiest play of the night. Don't over think this.
    what makes you say this?

theangryelf

Arkansas gets a reality check tonight. Arkansas will fall back to earth when Vandy out shoots them. Vandy is the much better team and arkansas is a bottom tier SEC team and the undefeated at home ends tonight...Mark my words.

DerekMadden

bold

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There are a lot of 2.5's out there Biff.
    i'm on 2.5, NC. +2' = +2.5. the apostrophe is the hook, brother.

theangryelf

We will just have to see then. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it...I'm just not sold on Ark yet at all.

Gamblin'Machi
    Gamblin'Machi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I'm a homer. I will be at the game tonight, but I just don't see the hogs pulling it out. Vandy is arguably the hottest team in the league. And their inside man has a dominant presence, which is something arkansas has not faced except for Kentucky, and we saw how that one went. I hope the hogs can pull it out, but i just think if the razorbacks are gonna lose one game at home, it is this one. I don't know much about Vandy's defense or how often they turn the ball over, but if their defense is decent and they take care of the ball, I can see them winning by 8.
    68-60 Vandy

Fridge79
    Fridge79's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with o142. I think Arkansas, at home, will be able to play to their pace. Both teams play early in the clock, which means more possessions. Experienced guard play for Vandy will probably be difference for a road Commodore win.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge79 View Post
    I went with o142. I think Arkansas, at home, will be able to play to their pace. Both teams play early in the clock, which means more possessions. Experienced guard play for Vandy will probably be difference for a road Commodore win.
    i thought long and hard about the over too, ended up opting for Hogs plus points. think over is a good play, BOL to you.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I agree that Ark is a good home team but I wouldn't bet against Vandy right now. They are one of the hottest teams playing right now.

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    I agree that Ark is a good home team but I wouldn't bet against Vandy right now. They are one of the hottest teams playing right now.
    agreed. My first post on SBR forum. Im taking Vandy big tonight.

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    agreed. My first post on SBR forum. Im taking Vandy big tonight.
    jenkins is on fire!

BWill37
    BWill37's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this game goes under. With all of the weapons Vandy has offensively I don't know why Arkansas would try to shoot it out with Vandy. Vandy has played very good D for the past month. The only games that have went over 143 in the past month for the Dores was their last game vs MTSU (MTSU shot 65% in the first half), and an overtime loss to Miss St where both teams shot atleast 50% from 3pt land (47 attempted 3's in that game and the total ended up at 155).

Arkansas is gonna need Wade or Young to get hot IMO for this game to go over, and they will need to keep Sanchez out of foul trouble to have a chance at winning.

I think Arkansas is perceived as a tough team to play at home, and the win over Michigan just fuels that idea. However, when Michigan got settled in, it was clear who the better team was. I highly doubt Vandy comes out and gets overwhelmed early like Michigan did. It is familiar territory for the Dores, they start 4 seniors, have a big size advantage, and let's face it, they are the better team. -2.5 is a gift. GL to everybody.

DerekMadden

looking good so far!

DerekMadden

It's raining 3's!

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by theangryelf View Post
    Arkansas gets a reality check tonight. Arkansas will fall back to earth when Vandy out shoots them. Vandy is the much better team and arkansas is a bottom tier SEC team and the undefeated at home ends tonight...Mark my words.
    Points Awarded:

coitus_maximus gave DerekMadden 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

That is F'ing priceless

Gamblin'Machi
    Gamblin'Machi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Boy I'm sure glad I was wrong. Exactly why I didn't bet them. Go Hogs great W. From a very reliable source too, Arkansas will land Dorial Green Beckham, a top WR recruit tomorrow morning. Great couple days to be a Hog fan. WPS

Fridge79
    Fridge79's Avatar Become A Pro!

And the over was delicious. I was impressed with Arkansas' mixing of pace throughout the game. Need to see a little more in the half court, but a great transition squad.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge79 View Post
    And the over was delicious. I was impressed with Arkansas' mixing of pace throughout the game. Need to see a little more in the half court, but a great transition squad.
    was thinking the same thing. as a team they are playing very well together, getting the extra passes to find somebody with a better look.

if they could only find a way to bring up the intensity on the road they could be a very dangerous team THIS YEAR! A very farcry from what most fans this year have been expecting

theangryelf

Hey Madden, good call last night. I should have hedged my parlay with arkansas because it was the last game out of my 4 team parlay. Good looks, shouldn't have been so confident on vandy last night.

BiffTFinancial

great game, just mad at myself for not throwing a unit on ML +130. love Arkansas' style of play.