BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Rig job in the TX game

Did anyone see the referee's 5 count? How quick was that? The guy signaled for a timeout and should have been granted. You would think they'd give a make-up call on the other end on Brown's drive, but nope. Arizona pulls it out on based on the referees

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

yah, that was pretty bad, he called the timeout before the whistle for the 5 count came

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What about the foul on the final shot?

On the drive to the hoop when they showed the angle from halfcourt you could see the arizona guy just chuck his body, he missed the shot and you see the texas player rebound the ball and get hacked on the put back.

This is the worst NCAA reffed tournament I've seen. After all that business yesterday in the Butler game about a foul being a foul, the texas player gets hacked on the arm at the buzzer and they don't call it because of derrick williams amazing finish on the other end to win the game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like a lot of people lost money on Texas. I could care less. I had the over and lost, but I hate Texas. If they get screwed, it's cool with me.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Rick Barnes still has a job is beyond me
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

Todd2122
    Todd2122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

Up 2 inbounding with 15 seconds left and you lose in regulation. That was painful. The 5 second call was quick, still, they should have been able to inbound.

I agree there was a foul on the very last shot. A foul is a foul. He was clearly hacked before the clock ran out.

Beason5209
    Beason5209's Avatar Become A Pro!

A few things. Firstly the timeout was ridiculous and almost inexcusable. Your team has the ball with the clock ticking and a chance to ice the game. Why complicate the matter by having an inbound play to get your best FT shooter the ball? I don't care how good he is.

Secondly that 5-second call was pathetic and even more inexcusable. I have already seen a few replays and after he extends his arm for 4, he brings back his arm to the body as Joseph signals for the timeout. Before even extending his arm again for 5, he blows the whistle.

And finally the last play where you have a foul on the shot, a foul on the rebound and gather, and probably a foul as he extends to shoot. This is after they had called every touch foul all second half.

Same officiating crew as the Big East Tournament game. Honestly I can't decide which incident is more pathetic.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Rick Barnes is a betting man's dream in March. Every March. Every year.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by IAMWINNER View Post
    How Rick Barnes still has a job is beyond me
    Bad year for UT athletics