Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

LKid1's 2012 Big East Thread (TAIL ME)

I live for Big East basketball and I know these teams inside and out... I've laid low this last few months or so, for a few different reasons, but I've been hitting around 60% over the past few years on SBR documented plays when it comes to Big East Basketball... A lot of capper's say It's hard to predict conference hoops, but i disagree, I have a great feel for these teams this time of year, and would like to track my plays in this thread.

Big East posted plays YTD: 3-0 +3.2 units...

Wednesday January 4

ALL PLAYS 1.1 TO Win 1 UNIT (unless otherwise advised)....

Cincy -8
    Notre Dame/Cincy u 131.5
    WVU -3
    Marquette +5
    Providence +13.5
    Syracuse/Providence u 139.5 (2.2 to win 2)

Sorry write ups coming tomorrow, but we will profit during this BE season...

cash 'em!
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 01-04-12 at 03:29 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

good luck playa

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Looks good.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Love that Providence pick.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Marquette for certain

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Will POUND all plays in this thread! Let's cash bro!

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I'd really like to see a write-up on Marquette. Looks like some RLM on the game and line may drop to +3 or +4 as the day progresses.

Marquette's leading scorers shoot about 50% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. How will they fare against a G-Town defense that's 9th in the country in FG% allowed at home? Marquette travelled to Wisconsin and won, but shot terribly from 3 pt land (2-11) and also 68% from the FT line. And the Wisky win's starting to look not as great with the way the Badgers have been performing.

So I guess it's which team shows up, Good Marquette or the team that laid an egg @ LSU earlier this season? I think Good Marquette shows up, the Senior guards outplay the young Hoyas, and G-Town gets exposed (finally).

Let's cash this one

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I'd be careful with your providence pick, in years past 13 points was way to much to lay in big east conference road favorites, but this Syracuse team is the deepest team the big east has had in a while, they are pounding everyone, including a 30 point win over Seton Hall who just beat Uconn by 12. Personally I would either take the cuse or stay away, JMHO.

blackberry_juice
    blackberry_juice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Really like the concept of this thread, trying to do the same thing with the Big West but not comfortable enough to post publically yet.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Since the bearcats had that brawl against Xavier they have really stepped up their game. Mick Cronin has got these guys back on track and determined to play more as a team. They have won 6 straight including a huge come from behind win against oklahoma followed by a win on the road at Pittsburgh. Granted both of those teams have been struggling but for this bearcat team to recover from that nasty brawl and go on this streak is very impressive to me. In past year's this team would just fall apart and finish in the low middle level in the Big East. I look for them to build of those past performance against an Irish team that will struggle on the road during the entire conference slate.

The bearcats have really found their success threw a relentless full court press. The Irish do not have great ball handlers and this should cause problems all night long. Also The bearcats should win the battle on the glass going away.

I don't see the Irish being able to play their style of basketball against the red hot bearcats on the road.

The bearcats will be back at full strength tonight as well, look for Coach Cronin to continue to build on their recent success.

Line has already moved to 8.5 so looks like we should beat the closer, also the total has dropped to 131 and even some 130's out their as well...

Step 1 beat the line
    Step 2 beat the game

Bearcats 68 - 56

cash 'em!

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

gl thx for the info

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

This one just looks to simple to me. Anyone who thinks Huggybear's Mountaineer team isn't a top 20 team is crazy. They have already been battled tested taking Baylor down to the last possession. They are long and very physical, and have mismatches all over the court against this much improved Scarlet Knight team. Their lost to Seton Hall was no fluke, as the Pirates can beat anybody in this conference while playing in New Jersey. Also WVU only had less than 1 day of prep time for that game. They have been off for almost a week and Bobby Huggins simply does not lose back to back Big East games with that much preparation time. Nobody on Rutgers can defend Kevin Jones who has finally put everything together and is playing great basketball (avg 20 and 11).

Rutger's will struggle against the different defenses Huggins will throw at them. They might be close early but WVU Pulls away...

This line isn't moving even with public all over this one, but this is one where the public cashes.

WVU 71-62

cash'em!
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 01-04-12 at 05:43 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

LK1 god damnt brother, why'd you go and do that?

I like what your saying pal, but i do not see this happening at all. During that stretch we were running a 4 guard set at all times and sometimes a 5 guard set with the tallest guy being 6'5. This will slow down tremendously with the big men back in. We were running and gunning extending the perimeter dont see that happening as much with the return of the big's as well. Hope im wrong, but i would def lean ND here, do like the under though. BOL Bro!!!!!
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 01-04-12 at 02:11 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Ok, im so tried of hearing how much of a surprise this Hoya team is. Are you kidding me, JT3 knows what he's doing and Jason Clark could lead the league in scoring in a different system easy. The kid has sacrificed alot over the past few years and its finally his team. Also they have 2 outstanding freshman and Hollis Thompson as well. So lets forget that talk, and step over the visitor's bench and take a look at the Golden Eagles.

Marquette has an outstanding group this year. DJO gets to the rim at will and has a perfect compliment in Jae Crowder. Also they play great team basketball and the rest of the team knows exactly what their role on this team is. They are such a gritty group that can grind out a game with this Georgetown team for 39 min and be in perfect position to win one on the road.

Look for a back and forth game that should come down to last possession or two. Ill glady take this live dog + the number

Looks like we're going to beat this closing line as well, I see 4's pretty much everywhere now..

cash'em!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    LK1 god damnt brother, why'd you go and do that?

I like what your saying pal, but i do not see this happening at all. During that stretch we were running a 4 guard set at all times and sometimes a 5 guard set with the tallest guy being 6'5. This will slow down tremendously with the big men back in. We were running and gunning extending the perimeter dont see that happening as much with the return of the big's as well. Hope im wrong, but i would def lean ND here, do like the under though. BOL Bro!!!!!
    I hear ya, but I look for cronin to continue to show that look. Don't expect him to just throw everybody back into the fold right away. I do think Gates will be needed on the glass at times, but I look for cronin to continue that press and use that 4 guard look to get some 6-0 8-2 runs going here and there and really get that crowd in the game. And then I want him to put the bigs in with the lead and slow the pace and continually keep that irish team off balance. Hopefully Coach Cronin doesn't let me down...

Points Awarded:

Bcatswin gave Louisvillekid1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bcatswin

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

Nice thread, Good Luck man.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Syracuse has really impressed me this season, and I've never seen Coach B having so much depth. Now they are long and can give team's hell with that zone, but I think this is a spot where they could slip.

Providence is coming off 3 road games, and are very happy to have the #1 team in the country visit their place in primetime. Providence's Vincent Council can score against anybody in the nation, he has really matured this season. This is not your typical Friar team that run's and gun's. They are trying to play more of a half court game and focus more on rebounding and defense. They are 25th in the nation in Rebounding and I honestly believe that's going to be the difference. If they can defensive rebound and not allow second chance points they will just hang around the entire night.

Also, I could see the Cuse' slightly overlooking this game as they really haven't really played anybody besides maybe Florida all season.

If Providence strokes the ball well tonight and plays smart basketball that crowd will be into the game all night long. Im not saying they will be storming the court tonight, but I'll gladly take the home dog in this spot with that huge number.

were crushing the total here as its down to 137 and even some 136.5's....

Cuse 71-63

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Great to see your thread up, LK1.

And, yeah, FWIW, I think the Bearcats continue to roll, and beat the Irish pretty good tonight. The thing is, now Cincinnati has a very multidimensional team. That brawl -- and what the team learned about themselves in the next several games -- might have been the best thing that could have happened to this team.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Will POUND all plays in this thread! Let's cash bro!
    well Good luck to us then! It's a long Big East season, lets make some $$$....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I'd really like to see a write-up on Marquette. Looks like some RLM on the game and line may drop to +3 or +4 as the day progresses.

Marquette's leading scorers shoot about 50% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. How will they fare against a G-Town defense that's 9th in the country in FG% allowed at home? Marquette travelled to Wisconsin and won, but shot terribly from 3 pt land (2-11) and also 68% from the FT line. And the Wisky win's starting to look not as great with the way the Badgers have been performing.

So I guess it's which team shows up, Good Marquette or the team that laid an egg @ LSU earlier this season? I think Good Marquette shows up, the Senior guards outplay the young Hoyas, and G-Town gets exposed (finally).

Let's cash this one
    I understand your concern but I think Buzz's guys will play one of their beat games of the season tonight. They are still pissed at that embarrassing performance against Vandy. They never get blown out like that, and as far as exposing Gtown, I wouldn't go that far. That team is for real, and has the perfect players for that system.

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    I'd be careful with your providence pick, in years past 13 points was way to much to lay in big east conference road favorites, but this Syracuse team is the deepest team the big east has had in a while, they are pounding everyone, including a 30 point win over Seton Hall who just beat Uconn by 12. Personally I would either take the cuse or stay away, JMHO.
    Always dangerous but I really love the under in that game (my 2 unit play) and cuse could def blow them out but I think this is a good spot play against the #1 team in the nation

Gl SIR

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry_juice View Post
    Really like the concept of this thread, trying to do the same thing with the Big West but not comfortable enough to post publically yet.
    PLease post any good Big West info in this thread, don't follow that conference much... Thanks and GL

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    gl thx for the info
    Gl my man

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobdog24 View Post
    Nice thread, Good Luck man.
    Lets go CARDS!!!!

Thanks my man, GL

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Great to see your thread up, LK1.

And, yeah, FWIW, I think the Bearcats continue to roll, and beat the Irish pretty good tonight. The thing is, now Cincinnati has a very multidimensional team. That brawl -- and what the team learned about themselves in the next several games -- might have been the best thing that could have happened to this team.
    100% agree, lets make some fukking $$$

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I hear ya, but I look for cronin to continue to show that look. Don't expect him to just throw everybody back into the fold right away. I do think Gates will be needed on the glass at times, but I look for cronin to continue that press and use that 4 guard look to get some 6-0 8-2 runs going here and there and really get that crowd in the game. And then I want him to put the bigs in with the lead and slow the pace and continually keep that irish team off balance. Hopefully Coach Cronin doesn't let me down...

I hope so brother, i had the Cards last night!!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    I hope so brother, i had the Cards last night!!!!!
    same here cards and seton hall...

If our offense could just excute a lil better, we could really make some noise with that stifling defense

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Totally agree, that's the only thing that really keeps UC in games is there D, Us 2 along with Syracuse and Gtown have gread D's

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

looks like were gonna beat every closin line besides.wvu is starting to drop and providence starting to.go up... should of.known better on those 2

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

good start to the night 4-0 +4
    ...Marq made a lil sweat late, really would of liked to see them finish that game for a road win

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Good night kid... nice comeback for gtown

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Providence playing very well, but looks like my 2 unit play is in serious jeopardy having 70 first half points...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Good night kid... nice comeback for gtown
    Thanks ebears,

Solid contributor to the site...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Mods:

Please delete YTD record from title of thread,

Thanks

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Late game killed me evening, 0-3 -3.3....

tough beat on providence by .5 points.... oh well, of course my 2 unit play gets crushed...

anyway turn the page...

4-2 on the night +0.7 units...

7-2 YTD +3.9 units...

Got two games tomorrow , but not really seeing an angle on either game as of now...

Will check back in later...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

One play for Thursday 1/5

Pitt -4.5

write up coming tomorrow...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

edit

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Let's get em!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Good job LK1!!!!! how about them Bearcats last night. Good call, should have won by more than 20 Kilpatrick and Dixon were cold from the outside

Pitt has been struggling of late, you would think they get it turned around tonight.

Luckotheirish
    Luckotheirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

As a St. Johns fan, it's tough even considering the possibility of placing a wager against them, nor have I ever done so despite how confident I may be in a spread against them. May I recommend you avoid all Louisville games despite how confident you may be; you’ll still have a bias perspective regardless of what you may think/say.

1234 ... Last