Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Florida -11 @ Rutgers????

All you experts in watching and capping lines.... seems really low to me.

Rutgers 0-6 ATS. 3 of those 6 games they were the favorites and lost outright. Closest games were vs LSU @ home, 50-55 and Illinois St neutral site, 70-76. One game w/ an almost similar line of +9.5 vs Miami Fl, they lost 57-72. I would expect Florida to give a team like Miami Fl a spread of -8 to -11 ish. One significant injury on Rosario but looks like he is going to play. He also doesn't play more than 13 mins a game if that off the bench.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=22035

Both teams last played on Dec 22nd. Florida has covered 4-3 ATS this season so far and has a significantly more potent offense than Rutgers (kenpom #130) while defensively they are no slouch either. 3 lines close to current line to compare... vs FSU (kenpom #33) -9 @ home, 82-64.... vs TxA&M (kenpon #81) -11, neutral site, 84-64.... vs Ariz (kenpom #40) -11.5 @ home, 78-72.

"UF’s scoring offense is ranked sixth nationally and first in the SEC with 85.8 points per game. The Gators lead the nation with 133 three-pointers and 11.1 per game."

Only thing I can see is home court advantage or a possible let down spot after demolishing Florida St 7 days ago. Even then I don't see it effecting Florida much. Florida has never played Rutgers on their home court. Florida plays Yale 2 days after, so there shouldn't be a "looking ahead" for a big game.

Any insight on supporting this play or convincing me NOT to pound this appreciated.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This has a 10-point Florida win written all over it, and I can't give you one logical reason why (other than the letdown angle you pointed out).

Maddhatter

I don't see them being overconfident vs a decent Rutgers team. For sure, Coach Donovan will get on them to play disciplined Florida ball. Perhaps a larger 1H play is warranted w/ a possible backdoor cover. I still see at least a minimum of 15 pt win here.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10335

Statfox has Florida by 13.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

the let down angle is one factor.
    gators yet to accrue a "true road game" win, also.
    in defense of the gators, losses to syr and ohst were competitive...
    and we now know that both syr and ohst are real deal powerhouse teams.
    freezing f@#kin' cold might be a factor... but I'm leanin' gators.
    thanks for the discussion. see y'all tomorrow. good luck.

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddhatter View Post
    All you experts in watching and capping lines.... seems really low to me.

Rutgers 0-6 ATS. 3 of those 6 games they were the favorites and lost outright. Closest games were vs LSU @ home, 50-55 and Illinois St neutral site, 70-76. One game w/ an almost similar line of +9.5 vs Miami Fl, they lost 57-72. I would expect Florida to give a team like Miami Fl a spread of -8 to -11 ish. One significant injury on Rosario but looks like he is going to play. He also doesn't play more than 13 mins a game if that off the bench.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=22035

Both teams last played on Dec 22nd. Florida has covered 4-3 ATS this season so far and has a significantly more potent offense than Rutgers (kenpom #130) while defensively they are no slouch either. 3 lines close to current line to compare... vs FSU (kenpom #33) -9 @ home, 82-64.... vs TxA&M (kenpon #81) -11, neutral site, 84-64.... vs Ariz (kenpom #40) -11.5 @ home, 78-72.

"UF’s scoring offense is ranked sixth nationally and first in the SEC with 85.8 points per game. The Gators lead the nation with 133 three-pointers and 11.1 per game."

Only thing I can see is home court advantage or a possible let down spot after demolishing Florida St 7 days ago. Even then I don't see it effecting Florida much. Florida has never played Rutgers on their home court. Florida plays Yale 2 days after, so there shouldn't be a "looking ahead" for a big game.

Any insight on supporting this play or convincing me NOT to pound this appreciated.
    There are a lot of peaks and valleys with this Rutgers team right now, which is consistant with a young team. As you know the mental aspect is one of the most frustrating elements for the coach as well as the players to control(Playing only when they feel like playing). Their rebounding margin is BAD!! (+5.7)and will be tested on a grand scale tonite. Freshman guard Eli Carter scored in double figures nine times through the team’s first 12 games and seems to be their only consistant player on the team. Eli Carter could be tuff for Florida's senior PG Erving Walker to handle, but could easily slide Kenny Boynton or freshman G Bradley Beal to help. If Patric Young plays his game and stays out of foul trouble, and another consistant showing from behind the arc from the front court tandem!! It will be to much for Rutgers to overcome!! Keep up the good work for everyone!!!

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I agree, I expect Florida to win this game by 15+. Nothing is a given or a "lock" in this sport, but I feel Florida covers 11 seven times out of 10.

Rutgers does not have a quality win in their resume. They are at a size disadvantage for this one and will give up 2nd chance points, IMO. Can't do that against a good shooting team like Florida.

I really don't like the card today but this was one that jumped at me. Florida really should roll here, as long as they don't overlook the Scarlet Knights (and they shouldn't, their next game is Saturday versus Yale).

GL with whatever you decide to do here...

Another one I kind of like is Vanderbilt +8.5 at Marquette but I need to look in to it more....your thoughts?

Wrestler31
    Wrestler31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Love this line too!

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

No offense but you guys are always concentrating on the games that everyone is around just like Louisville yesterday - forget these games, you gotta be like a bee, and act like a bee - try to sting the bookies if you wanna make money, I don't like all these games on ESPN and **** .... I think my pick here has much better chances, coz no one cares about these two teams and the spread is just too low, I'd look into that game instead of betting on ESPN or NBA live games, TV games are always rigid and will always be around the line.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    No offense but you guys are always concentrating on the games that everyone is around just like Louisville yesterday - forget these games, you gotta be like a bee, and act like a bee - try to sting the bookies if you wanna make money, I don't like all these games on ESPN and **** .... I think my pick here has much better chances, coz no one cares about these two teams and the spread is just too low, I'd look into that game instead of betting on ESPN or NBA live games, TV games are always rigid and will always be around the line.

What are you talking about? I made money on Georgetown +6.5 and on the money line. In what world is your example of Louisville and their 9.5 point loss ATS "around the line"? If there's value in a line, there's value in a line. Doesn't matter if the game is televised or not, if there's an edge to be had, take it.

basenock
    basenock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    What are you talking about? I made money on Georgetown +6.5 and on the money line. In what world is your example of Louisville and their 9.5 point loss ATS "around the line"? If there's value in a line, there's value in a line. Doesn't matter if the game is televised or not, if there's an edge to be had, take it.
    yeah i like watching games i bet on espn.. hate refreshing website to get current score..
    makes watching college bball that much fun

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

RAC is a tough place to play

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
    RAC is a tough place to play
    Hasn't been tough this year...

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

83% on Gators

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

like the over

Maddhatter

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    I agree, I expect Florida to win this game by 15+. Nothing is a given or a "lock" in this sport, but I feel Florida covers 11 seven times out of 10.

Rutgers does not have a quality win in their resume. They are at a size disadvantage for this one and will give up 2nd chance points, IMO. Can't do that against a good shooting team like Florida.

I really don't like the card today but this was one that jumped at me. Florida really should roll here, as long as they don't overlook the Scarlet Knights (and they shouldn't, their next game is Saturday versus Yale).

GL with whatever you decide to do here...

Another one I kind of like is Vanderbilt +8.5 at Marquette but I need to look in to it more....your thoughts?
    Played it also but small. Heading out so can't really elaborate much about it atm. Good luck on your plays today!

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

the knights got steamed.. if ya like fla now would be a good time to get it -9' gl all

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Gators have the ability to win this game by double digits if they show up to play.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anyone hit Rutgers on the Ml?