merikson
    merikson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

merikson's NCAA Slam Dunk Plays

I have a new system that I've come up with. It is hitting at right at 60.5% (undocumented, of course) over the past 3 weeks.

All plays are to win 1 unit.

12/20

VALPARAISO -12 -110
    SOUTHERN UTAH +6 -110
    SAMFORD +34.5 -110
    MONTANA STATE +22 -110

GL everyone

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree
    RabidGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I had a tout call me today and tell me to put everything I have on Syracuse -18.... Which sucked because I liked that game but it jumped to SYR -21 and the fact that some slime ball told me to bet it begin. It resulted in a no play. Have you developed a way of determining which of those are stronger plays yet and you are just playing them all flat to be safe?

My bball plays today:

Bradley -5
    La Tech +2

I have an NBA system my friend and I wrote last year. I have a degree in computer science and I'm a full time programmer and he has a degree in accutarial science.. It was one of those systems that we had such high hopes for just no time to finish up. He since has gotten off the gambling boat so I'm going to attempt to finish it up on my own this year. It's currently in a spread sheet and then I have an alpha version of it that I wrote in C++ with no GUI wrap, all command line based and basically unusable to any one without a Linux OS. =P

shipsn2010
    shipsn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

No disrespect ment, but did you just copy the plays from team rankings or do you use the same formula. These are there exact plays.

merikson

Quote Originally Posted by shipsn2010 View Post
    No disrespect ment, but did you just copy the plays from team rankings or do you use the same formula. These are there exact plays.
    Whose exact plays?

merikson

Quote Originally Posted by RabidGoat View Post
    I had a tout call me today and tell me to put everything I have on Syracuse -18.... Which sucked because I liked that game but it jumped to SYR -21 and the fact that some slime ball told me to bet it begin. It resulted in a no play. Have you developed a way of determining which of those are stronger plays yet and you are just playing them all flat to be safe?

My bball plays today:

Bradley -5
    La Tech +2

I have an NBA system my friend and I wrote last year. I have a degree in computer science and I'm a full time programmer and he has a degree in accutarial science.. It was one of those systems that we had such high hopes for just no time to finish up. He since has gotten off the gambling boat so I'm going to attempt to finish it up on my own this year. It's currently in a spread sheet and then I have an alpha version of it that I wrote in C++ with no GUI wrap, all command line based and basically unusable to any one without a Linux OS. =P
    Finish that shit up. I'm really curious to see what you come up with.

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

Quote Originally Posted by shipsn2010 View Post
    I'm sure you meant no disrespect I'm just curious what you mean by copying plays from team ranking/what's team ranking? Also I don't see what creating a thread and posting picks you call your own would accomplish if you are just copying and not using an actual system. It is possible that coincidentally his plays matched today with team rankings...

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

Quote Originally Posted by merikson View Post
    Finish that shit up. I'm really curious to see what you come up with.
    With my arm still in a sling for another 2 weeks I'm slower at typing now than I've ever been in my life so I've kind of been slacking. I'm actually working on a Perl script that I can use that will pull archived spreads and over/unders from the NBA preseason games that have completed so far this year from scoresandodds.com because copying and pasting is so lame... I feel way cooler when I can run scripts

Then once I get my file of the lines I'll start running teams through the formula and comparing what I get on my formula to what the actual result is. I will only be able to do so much with preseason games since the games aren't played the way a regular season game is played e.g. Kobe plays 30 minutes instead of 42.. So the real progress won't be made until 7-10 games into the regular season.

On another note I do want to put one together for NCAA and I've been looking for some info on key stats for college bball because I can't imagine my NBA would be anywhere near accurate. Suggestions?

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

I have a new system that I've come up with. It is hitting at right at 60.5% (undocumented, of course) over the past 3 weeks.

12/20

VALPARAISO -12 -110
    SOUTHERN UTAH +6 -110
    SAMFORD +34.5 -110
    MONTANA STATE +22 -110

GL everyone
    Ouch you caught a few tough breaks tonight buddy. Valp won by 11 and So. Utah lost by 8... Hurts less when they are 1 unit plays though. I'm with you though Bradley not only didn't cover they outright lost by 1 in OT.

merikson

With my arm still in a sling for another 2 weeks I'm slower at typing now than I've ever been in my life so I've kind of been slacking. I'm actually working on a Perl script that I can use that will pull archived spreads and over/unders from the NBA preseason games that have completed so far this year from scoresandodds.com because copying and pasting is so lame... I feel way cooler when I can run scripts

Then once I get my file of the lines I'll start running teams through the formula and comparing what I get on my formula to what the actual result is. I will only be able to do so much with preseason games since the games aren't played the way a regular season game is played e.g. Kobe plays 30 minutes instead of 42.. So the real progress won't be made until 7-10 games into the regular season.

On another note I do want to put one together for NCAA and I've been looking for some info on key stats for college bball because I can't imagine my NBA would be anywhere near accurate. Suggestions?
    I think covers.com has a decent amount of historical data.

merikson

12/20

VALPARAISO -12 -110
    SOUTHERN UTAH +6 -110
    SAMFORD +34.5 -110
    MONTANA STATE +22 -110

GL everyone
    1-3, -2.30 units

Rough night, but we'll come back tomorrow. Remember, it's a marathon and not a sprint.

merikson

Overall: 1-3, -2.30 units
    Spread: 1-3, -2.30 units
    M/L: 0-0
    Totals: 0-0
    Last edited by merikson; 12-21-11 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo, lol

merikson

12/21

arizona state - m/l -260
    george mason - m/l -210
    seton hall - +4.5 -110
    nc wilmington - +7 -110
    ul lafayette - over 133.5 -110
    depaul - under 131.5 -110

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

Overall: 1-3, -2.30 units
    P/L: 1-3, -2.30 units
    M/L: 0-0
    Totals: 0-0
    I don't think they call it a puck line in college bball =P

Got stuck late at work.. The software we sell integrates with Outlook, I'm the guy who wrote that portion of the code.. Which means when the retards who use the software and really bungle it up and then call us complaining how terrible the software is.. Well I'm the guy that fixes that stuff when it's Outlook related... Looks like I'm going to play LaTech in the bowl game tonight.

merikson

I don't think they call it a puck line in college bball =P

Got stuck late at work.. The software we sell integrates with Outlook, I'm the guy who wrote that portion of the code.. Which means when the retards who use the software and really bungle it up and then call us complaining how terrible the software is.. Well I'm the guy that fixes that stuff when it's Outlook related... Looks like I'm going to play LaTech in the bowl game tonight.
    Lol, I was thinking points line, but I guess it is just the spread.

I went with a 7 points teaser (TCU -3 / under 63). LaTech is looking much better thus far though. I was initially just feeling the under, but I thought 56 might be too low a total.

merikson

12/21

arizona state - m/l -260
    george mason - m/l -210
    seton hall - +4.5 -110
    nc wilmington - +7 -110
    ul lafayette - over 133.5 -110
    depaul - under 131.5 -110
    2-4, -4.90 units

The woes continue....

merikson

Overall: 3-7, -7.20 units
    Spread: 2-4, -2.40 units
    M/L: 0-2, -4.70 units
    Totals: 1-1, -.10 units
    Last edited by merikson; 12-21-11 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Formatting

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

Lol, I was thinking points line, but I guess it is just the spread.

I went with a 7 points teaser (TCU -3 / under 63). LaTech is looking much better thus far though. I was initially just feeling the under, but I thought 56 might be too low a total.
    I won my La Tech +10 and you nailed your teaser

merikson

12/22

Michigan - Under 134 -110
    Illinois - +7.5 -110
    Charlotte - M/L -110

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree

That's a tough push on the Michigan game. I'm actually on Missouri -6 they are full of speed and love to run the floor, I watched Illinois play UNLV and they had a hard time keeping up with the speed and athleticism of UNLV should be a good game I probably won't watch much of if any of it though it might win out over the NFL game tonight

Lastly, I just can't believe you don't think my Canes don't have enough talent to outright win against little Char U lol

merikson

That's a tough push on the Michigan game. I'm actually on Missouri -6 they are full of speed and love to run the floor, I watched Illinois play UNLV and they had a hard time keeping up with the speed and athleticism of UNLV should be a good game I probably won't watch much of if any of it though it might win out over the NFL game tonight

Lastly, I just can't believe you don't think my Canes don't have enough talent to outright win against little Char U lol
    Illinois covered, but you're right the Charlotte U M/L play was awful....Vegas was as far off as I was by giving Miami 1 point.

I didn't watch any of the NFL game, but I am surprised to see the Colts win another, even if it was against the struggling Texans.

merikson

12/22

Michigan - Under 134 -110
    Illinois - +7.5 -110
    Charlotte - M/L -110
    1-2, -1.20 units

The losing continues.

merikson