curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

AMAZING value in this line: Miami OH -330

Well, I don't know what drug the lines makers are on. The value line on Miami OH is -1227

This is a REALLY good line

Don't wimp out and lay points, take the money line.

I have Miami OH -330 for 66 units to win 20 units

MicGan
    MicGan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mine is running at 70 for 20 ... I took one. good luck

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

is this as iron clad as the clippers over yesterday?

flavo-ice
    flavo-ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

FYI.....my book is running a reduced juice special on this game tonight. That usually spells doom for the favorite(and/or popular play).

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    is this as iron clad as the clippers over yesterday?
    You mean the thread titled "game of the epoch"? Well shithead if you couldn't figure out from that thread title that I was ****ing around, as I said in the thread I was doing, then you are more of a ****ing moron than I thought. Some of my friends had a "game of the year" or some such stupidity on Clippers UNDER so I started the "game of the epoch" thread to **** with them. As I stated in my thread that I was doing.

Please stay the **** out of my threads all you ever do is talk shit.

****ing asshole.

And I didn't say Miami OH is ironclad, I said it was a good line. But since you have no way of calculating what a line should be you have no way to evaluate that statement so you just come in here and talk shit.

Ralphie1412

you are as unstable as they come. Im messing with you, i knew that thread was a joke so I threw a joke back. Hhahahahha jesus christ. I love how u call me an asshole yet all over the board you are constantly putting others down. Dont anyone dare use the word lock around the great curious, he'll get maaaaad.

esz04
    esz04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Curious, can you explain how you got that value line? I have it at -809 after looking at Pomeroy since it's an 89% chance of a win for Miami. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Either way, clearly great value.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by esz04 View Post
    Curious, can you explain how you got that value line? I have it at -809 after looking at Pomeroy since it's an 89% chance of a win for Miami. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Either way, clearly great value.
    Did you just use Pomeroy's win probability or did you calculate it yourself? I don't use his, I calculate my own because I weight strength of schedule differently than he does.

If you just blindly use the win % posted by Pomeroy you will go broke very fast.

Weighting strength of schedule the way I do it, I have Miami OH at 92 % and change.

Ralphie1412

25-24 miami oh

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    25-24 miami oh
    So you have a bet on the first 7 minutes of the first half? Otherwise why does this even matter?

Ralphie1412

31-28 central michigan TAKES THE LEAD!!!!!!!!

Ralphie1412

35-30 central michigan UP 5!!!!

Ralphie1412

39-31 chiipewas up 8 oh my god!!!!

curious

WEll, we can't win 'em all. We lose by 1 point.

Still have 30 more plays cooking.

tblueeyes
    tblueeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    WEll, we can't win 'em all. We lose by 1 point.

Still have 30 more plays cooking.

Exactly, funny how you get ragged for one loser, from one loser!

curious

Quote Originally Posted by tblueeyes View Post
    Exactly, funny how you get ragged for one loser, from one loser!
    Just put him on ignore. He must read every post I make and track the plays looking for a play that is behind. I'm serious. One day I was something like 20-3 and I posted a half time play that lost and he flamed in that post. So, out of all my plays how did he find that one? He has nothing else to do but talk shit.

I'm thking about taking Nevada Las Vegas for 100 units on the money line to make up for the Miami OH play.

tblueeyes
    tblueeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl babe! I'm gonna head to bed, my butt was up all night lastnight in the ER, so I am exhausted, i will check the scores 2morrow!!

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Curious - you have nothing to worry about. I respect your picks and you. Don't sweat small people. Keep up the good work.

curious

Las Vegas Nevada Wins

Well, that erases the Miami OH loss.

But I'm sure the shit talkers will say I didn't actually make that play because "no one lays odds on favs".

curious

Quote Originally Posted by tblueeyes View Post
    gl babe! I'm gonna head to bed, my butt was up all night lastnight in the ER, so I am exhausted, i will check the scores 2morrow!!
    Las Vegas Nevada 100 unit play WINS

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

That Miami O. game was gross...Central is SO bad...tough break

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

damn, curious, I will never understand how you love those huge moneyline favs.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    damn, curious, I will never understand how you love those huge moneyline favs.
    Because they win far more often than not if you cap them properly.

The UNLV game was a rocking chair winner. Never in doubt.

What irritates me is I can have a 100 big moneyline favs that win and no one mentions them. But, if 1 loses I have to listen to all kinds of nonsense from people who never post anything constructive anywhere on the forum.

OC
    OC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just the nature of the beast Curious. Haters are just what they are. I had put up one post of my plays and went 0 - 5 early on a Saturday. Haven't posted a play since cuz I'm a superstitious bastard. Didn't have one negative thing said about it because I hadn't been posting winners before. Surely if I was a regular poster I would have gotten lambasted. I don't follow you blindly but like to get your take on games to help me cap if I missed something. Keep up the good work and don't let a few morons get under your skin man. While I don't appreciate some of the comments said by the people I respect in this forum (you included), I still respect their capping skills. And I was raised that "If you don't have something nice to say then STFU" or something like that. Pretty sure my mom (God rest her soul) never said STFU. Anyway, keep doin' what your doin' Curious ... you have my support for what it's worth.

jaymac82980

curious, it just dont make sense to have call a moneyline of -300 "amazing value"

haha, "Amazing value" would have been to be on the other side of that Gonzaga -25000 moneyline you took earlier this year. haha.

jaymac82980

OC, there is no hlep from Curious. if you ask him a question, he responds to it like, "read my %$#@ ing post!!!" "I don't have time to waste with stupid questions!!!" "If you don't agree with my pick, then don't @#$% ing read it".

I have read people asking him to explain why he likes a certain team and all he does is blow up on them.

You're just not helpful Curious. And how much did you make on this mentioned "Amazing value -300 moneyline"???

tdawgmd
    tdawgmd's Avatar Become A Pro!

OC, there is no hlep from Curious. if you ask him a question, he responds to it like, "read my %$#@ ing post!!!" "I don't have time to waste with stupid questions!!!" "If you don't agree with my pick, then don't @#$% ing read it".

I have read people asking him to explain why he likes a certain team and all he does is blow up on them.

You're just not helpful Curious. And how much did you make on this mentioned "Amazing value -300 moneyline"???
    In the 2 months I've been coming to this forum, I've noticed the same thing. Curious would rather rant than actually be helpful. He gets on peoples a$$es all the time when they post picks he doesn't agree with, but can't take it when they reciprocate.

I know that the legitimate cappers on here tend to keep their stuff organized in a single thread and keep track of their records. Curious seems to do neither, but claims to be WAY WAY up. Reminds of another peach fuzzy poster that no one seems to care for.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by tdawgmd View Post
    In the 2 months I've been coming to this forum, I've noticed the same thing. Curious would rather rant than actually be helpful. He gets on peoples a$$es all the time when they post picks he doesn't agree with, but can't take it when they reciprocate.

I know that the legitimate cappers on here tend to keep their stuff organized in a single thread and keep track of their records. Curious seems to do neither, but claims to be WAY WAY up. Reminds of another peach fuzzy poster that no one seems to care for.
    The solution to your problem with me is REALLY simple. Stay out of my threads.

Problem solved.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made several relevant and rational posts last night about Curious posts, bets and style, all of which were removed apparently, due in large part im sure to Curious responding with nothing but verbal attacks and nothing substantive to say at all. Just irritates me for the people that come here and think everything he says is god-like, oh well.

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I never saw where Curious claimed to be way up. He simply states his picks and doesn't ask for opions. He wins and loses, just like the rest of us, but he does it in his own way.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Rick22 View Post
    I never saw where Curious claimed to be way up. He simply states his picks and doesn't ask for opions. He wins and loses, just like the rest of us, but he does it in his own way.
    Doug asked me what my record from Jan 1 was in baskets. So I calculated it, it was > 70%.

I used to keep everything in a spreadsheet but the haters just claimed that I doctored the spreadsheet and the record was not real so I stopped wasting time on the spreadsheet.

Every time one of my big money line favs loses the haters claim I am not bankrupt and I just say, I keep playing the money line favs because they do quite well. I guess that the haters don't understand probabilities and the law of large numbers.

curious

I have never blown up on anyone asking me why I liked a certain team. I usually either ignore such questions or I say "because the math model says their is value in the line".

I only blow up at idiots who come in my threads talking trash.

If I am not helpful then feel free to put me on ignore. I am putting you on ignore. I did not come here to be anyone's mother, I came here to post my picks. My baskets record is > 70%. If you find that that is not helpful then by all means put me on ignore and you won't have to read my unhelpful picks.

curious

curious, it just dont make sense to have call a moneyline of -300 "amazing value"

haha, "Amazing value" would have been to be on the other side of that Gonzaga -25000 moneyline you took earlier this year. haha.
    Since you don't know how to calculate the true value of a moneyline of course any moneyline > -110 is a "bad value" to you.

The value line was far lower than the line offered, therefore the line had value. That did not mean a guaranteed win. Which is why they call it gambling. Otherwise they would call it an annuity.

Next time you flame someone try knowing what the hell you are talking about.

jaymac82980

so, did you win that one? haha. your picks may be over 70%, but you lose your roll when you waste it on huge moneyline favs. Monopoly money is cool though, so we can pretend you're up BIG. even after the gonzaga, and davidson debaucles.

but since he's got me on "ignore", I'm sure he wont respond........hahaha

tdawgmd
    tdawgmd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    The solution to your problem with me is REALLY simple. Stay out of my threads.

Problem solved.

you got it, and I would recommend everyone else do the same.

Now if we could just get you to stay out of everyone else's threads.....

12 Last