Cardnation
    Cardnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Flu bug with four Minny Players... Must Read

this was in minnys college paper yesterday i think with the high point spread gotta take indy here 's the article"
    Minnesota’s Blake Hoffarber, Jamal Abu-Shamala, Travis Busch and Colton Iverson were all hit with some kind of a flu bug after the team’s loss at Ohio State Saturday. Abu-Shamala said he’s not sure where the players picked it up, but he began to feel sick on the plane ride home. Hoffarber said he knows other Minnesota students who have experienced a similar illness recently.
    All four players are expected to play against Indiana Tuesday night. But none of them looked like they were 100 percent after Monday’s practice.

Cardnation
    Cardnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Indiana is w/o their #1 scorer, but with four Minn players not 100% im taking the points.. A wise bet is probable the under as well

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Cardnation View Post
    this was in minnys college paper yesterday i think with the high point spread gotta take indy here 's the article"
    Minnesota’s Blake Hoffarber, Jamal Abu-Shamala, Travis Busch and Colton Iverson were all hit with some kind of a flu bug after the team’s loss at Ohio State Saturday. Abu-Shamala said he’s not sure where the players picked it up, but he began to feel sick on the plane ride home. Hoffarber said he knows other Minnesota students who have experienced a similar illness recently.
    All four players are expected to play against Indiana Tuesday night. But none of them looked like they were 100 percent after Monday’s practice.
    Great info - thanks. This is one of the reasons that I like the under (129) in that game tonight [in addition to Dumes' suspension for IU], despite the relatively low number.

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is very good information especially if considering taking the under in the game. I like the under 60.5 for the first half. Indiana is not a good free throw shooting team. Their best 3 point shooter and free throw shooter (Dumes) is suspended. Minnesota will score in the high 20s and Indiana in the low 20's in the first half of this game.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

so under first half is the play guru?

grappler145
    grappler145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

under is the money 1st half and game

BiffTFinancial

also, don't forget that the floor is raised in the Barn, adding altitude to the equation....

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

BiffT... I absolutely am mesmerised by your avatar....Otherwise I have nothing to add to this thread

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

just because guys aren't playing doesn't automatically mean to take the under.....
    there are more capable college scorers in b-ball then there are good defenders and rebounders.....

so guys can come off the bench and score....but can the stop the other team from scoring???? maybe not

I still like Minny here.... rest assured that oddsmakers have more info on this situation then the school newspaper.....

they prob are getting calls from the team trainer right now, after he administered some IVS

grappler145
    grappler145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

bifft, who is that in your avatar?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by grappler145 View Post
    bifft, who is that in your avatar?
    It's Amanda Knox. [http://www.newsweek.com/id/180004] She's my girlfriend, imprisoned for a crime she didn't commit. Matter of fact, so am I. This is a particularly provocative photo from one of her many court appearances. The reason for generous the profile? Handcuffs. Person in the background? A cop.

Also, Amanda likes the IU/Minn under, both half and game.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    just because guys aren't playing doesn't automatically mean to take the under.....
    there are more capable college scorers in b-ball then there are good defenders and rebounders.....

so guys can come off the bench and score....but can the stop the other team from scoring???? maybe not

I still like Minny here.... rest assured that oddsmakers have more info on this situation then the school newspaper.....

they prob are getting calls from the team trainer right now, after he administered some IVS
    Chi_archie - You make a very good point. I'm really thinking more style of play here.

I think that Crean will slow it down, particularly without Dumes, because that's IU's best chance, and Tubby has no problem playing in the 40s and 50s. With some flu concerns, I also think that Tubby is likely to make a conscious effort to rest guys and/or sit them early if it's a double-digit game. Gophers are very streaky shooters and could be a problem if they hit 9 or 10 3s [ie, vs Penn St in Jan], but I just don't think that they'll have to. Good luck to you tonight.

Powerz
    Powerz's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a profile play for me......too bad all that nonesense about the flu is out there....

IU +9 1st half 1*
    IU ML +450 1st Half .5*
    IU +17 gm 2*

Gl guys

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.mndaily.com/2009/02/08/ho...-string-losses

Thanks for the heads-up. This article, though, seems to imply they'll all be playing, and at full strength.

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Chi_archie - You make a very good point. I'm really thinking more style of play here.

I think that Crean will slow it down, particularly without Dumes, because that's IU's best chance, and Tubby has no problem playing in the 40s and 50s. With some flu concerns, I also think that Tubby is likely to make a conscious effort to rest guys and/or sit them early if it's a double-digit game. Gophers are very streaky shooters and could be a problem if they hit 9 or 10 3s [ie, vs Penn St in Jan], but I just don't think that they'll have to. Good luck to you tonight.
    Thanks for the information on the florida st game. I took the under at the half and it paid off. You were right on. THanks!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    Thanks for the information on the florida st game. I took the under at the half and it paid off. You were right on. THanks!
    My pleasure. Nice start - good luck rest of night.

kipper32
    kipper32's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info man! i cashed it, would have never bet it otherwise.